Week 16 Power Rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.si.com/nfl-power-rankings-2017

BIGGEST RISERS
Kansas City Chiefs (13th to 10th): It turns out a rejuvenated running game and a little bit of Tyreek Hill cures all, and back-to-back wins put the Chiefs’ magic number to clinch the AFC West at 1. So maybe just take that eulogy you were writing, cross out “Chiefs” and put “Titans.”

San Francisco 49ers (23rd to 20th): That’s three in a row since the Garoppolo era began, and four of five overall. Which is pretty good considering this franchise hadn’t won four of five since before California was granted statehood. No, wait; it was 2013. Either way, it had been a while.

BIGGEST FALLER
Seattle Seahawks (11th to 17th): The only way that de facto NFC West title game could have gone worse for the Seahawks would have involved some kind of poison gas cloud, or maybe an active volcano erupting directly under the team’s sideline. And now they’re being mean to each other.

#4 LOS ANGELES RAMS
-------------------
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/12/19/16793906/2017-nfl-power-rankings-curated-week-16

#5 Los Angeles Rams
---------------------
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-review-and-reaction-to-2017-league-standings

#5 Los Angeles Rams
---------------------
https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/12/19/16793192/2017-nfl-power-rankings-week-16-49ers

#6 Los Angeles Rams
--------------------
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pag...land-patriots-unseat-pittsburgh-steelers-no-1

#5 Los Angeles Rams
---------------
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...agles-patriots-steelers-cowboys-vikings-49ers

#6 - Los Angeles Rams - Hoo boy, I can’t remember the last time we saw a team go to CenturyLink Field and absolutely slaughter Seattle the way the Rams did. One of the most dangerous teams in the league come playoff time.
--------------
https://nesn.com/2017/12/nfl-week-16-power-rankings-rams-climb-to-no-2-after-shredding-seahawks/

#2 Los Angeles Rams: CenturyLink Field currently is in the process of being renamed after Rams star Todd Gurley (180 total yards, four total touchdowns) following the running back’s explosion in L.A.’s 42-7 statement win over the Seahawks.
--------------
https://ramblinfan.com/2017/12/17/2...ms-embarrass-seahawks-increase-nfc-west-lead/

#5. Los Angeles Rams
After giving a game away to the Seattle Seahawks back in October, the Los Angeles Rams understood what would happen if they ended up on the losing end for the second time by their division rivals in Week 15. With that being said, nobody could have ever imagined the Rams would end up blowing the Seahawks out the way they did to move even closer to winning the NFC West title.

When looking at all of the success surrounding Seattle being the team to beat in this division over the years, Los Angeles was supposed to be going through a year of rebuilding under Sean McVay since the head coach was taking over a team that won just four games all of last season.

Instead, the Rams have become one of the best surprises from the 2017 season, and not only is Jared Goff showing signs of being the one of the league’s next best quarterbacks, but also Todd Gurley is making a late case for deserving consideration for the MVP award.

Amazing doesn’t even begin to describe how great Gurley played against the Seahawks after rushing for 152 yards to go along with four total touchdowns. Don’t look now, but if the Rams hang on for a trip to the playoffs, this team is going to be tough to stop, especially on offense.
-------------
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...ikings-rams-jaguars/ddgatqzylvru11ijgaz3cnws3

#5. Los Angeles Rams 10-4

Todd Gurley and the defense are taking over from Jared Goff and the passing game and making Sean McVay's team more complete at the right time. They will be better prepared to face the Eagles or Vikings in possible playoff rematches.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I figured most would have us at 4 or 5. Behind the Eagles, Vikings and Pats then maybe the Steelers.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're playing Dallas again this week? Man, those schedulers need to get better at this!!
(idiots)
===========================================================================================

4. LOS ANGELES RAMS (10-4)

Last Week’s Rank: 4

Points in MMQB Power Poll: 373

Highest-Place Vote: Second

Lowest-Place Vote: Sixth (3)

Last Week’s Result: Win at Seattle, 42-7

Week 16 Opponent: at Dallas

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I figured most would have us at 4 or 5. Behind the Eagles, Vikings and Pats then maybe the Steelers.

Eagle and Niner fan sites have them at 6 behind the Jags.

Gotta be kidding me!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I could collectively strangle ESPN, I would.

THEY DROPPED the Rams from 4th to 5th after killing the Hawks 42-7 AT Clink....What a bunch of yogurt slurping @ss clowns!:jerkoff:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If I could collectively strangle ESPN, I would.

THEY DROPPED the Rams from 4th to 5th after killing the Hawks 42-7 AT Clink....What a bunch of yogurt slurping @ss clowns!:jerkoff:
You beat me to this^, LoyalRam, I read this at the ESPEEEN site, and went, WTF!! Talk about Bias-Hater's! Pathetic!!:LOL::rolllaugh:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If ESPN ticks you off, get a load of Mike Foolio who has us at #8. :poop: Btw Mike, please at least get your weeks straight. :mrburns:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/19/week-15-power-rankings-7/

Week 15 16 power rankings
Posted by Mike Foolio on December 19, 2017

1. Patriots (11-3; last week No. 2): Situational football once again puts the Patriots in a prime situation.

2. Eagles (12-2; No. 3): Barely beating the Giants hardly means that all is well with Wentz gone.

3. Steelers (11-3; No. 1): Little brother had a chance to beat big brother in ping pong, and little brother choked when up 20-19. Again.

4. Vikings (11-3; No. 4): Can a coach and a quarterback with limited playoff experience win against a coach and a quarterback with plenty? That question could be answered in the divisional round.

5. Jaguars (10-4; No. 5): Most impressive accomplishment this year? Making two-tone helmets look good.

6. Panthers (10-4; No. 6): Mark Cuban may want to reconsider not being interested in buying the team if it wins the Super Bowl.

7. Saints (10-4; No. 7): Arguably the best team in the conference may not win its division.

8. Rams (10-4; No. 8): If the Rams that showed up in Seattle show up in the playoffs, they’ll be showing up in the Super Bowl.

9. Falcons (9-5; No. 11): Matt Ryan would very much like you to get properly lined up, please.

10. Ravens (8-6; No. 12): They can’t wait for a chance to keep the Steelers from losing to the Patriots in the AFC title game.

11. Cowboys (8-6; No. 13): Zeke is back, and the window is open for an unlikely playoff berth. The Eagles are surely hoping they don’t slide through it.

12. Chiefs (8-6; No. 18): They can win the division, but can they win in the playoffs?

13. Seahawks (8-6; No. 9): Sometimes when it ends, it ends suddenly. And shockingly. And violently.

14. Chargers (7-7; No. 10): They worked and worked and worked to get themselves to a game that meant everything. And then they blew it.

15. Lions (8-6; No. 17): The dream of ending 26 years without a playoff win continues. Somehow.

16. Bills (8-6; No. 15): The dream of ending 18 years without a playoff appearance continues. Somehow.

17. Titans (8-6; No. 14): The dream of winning on the road against a pair of subpar NFC West teams is unfulfilled.

18. Packers (7-7; No. 16): They should use the next two games to get Brett Hundley some extra reps in advance of next year’s Aaron Rodgers injury.

19. Dolphins (6-8; No. 19): Jay Cutler learned how hard it is to light a December cigarette outdoors in Buffalo.

20. Raiders (6-8; No. 20): Gene Steratore’s white sheet of paper could lead to Jack Del Rio’s pink slip.

21. Jets (5-9; No. 21): With a few right moves, the Jets could be a contender. Eventually.

22. Cardinals (6-8; No. 22): With a few right moves, the Cardinals could be a contender. Eventually.

23. Redskins (6-8; No. 23): If they’d made a few right moves, they’d be a contender.

24. Broncos (5-9; No. 27): They’re a great quarterback away from being a great team, again.

25. 49ers (4-10; No. 25): They’re everything that goes around a great quarterback from being great, again.

26. Bengals (5-9; No. 24): Marvin Lewis knows what he’ll be doing. Based on his demeanor from Monday, he seems to know he’ll finally be exiting Cincinnati.

27. Bears (4-10; No. 26): Losing the regular-season home finale to a winless team would be the best way to put a giant red bow on another very bad season.

28. Buccaneers (4-10; No. 28): They showed plenty of fight on Monday night, which makes sense; they wanted to impress their next coach.

29. Texans (4-10; No. 29): If Deshaun Watson stays healthy, 2018 should be a fascinating season in the AFC South.

30. Colts (3-11; No. 30): If Andrew Luck gets healthy, 2018 should be a fascinating season in the AFC South.

31. Giants (2-12; No. 31): There are few moral victories. There are few victories, too.

32. Browns (0-14; No. 32): Hue Jackson says he’s not running from the Browns. Cleveland fans have bought him track shoes, a heart monitor, and a compass.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Florio's opinion of us shines through. He really doesn't like us.

Btw Cowherd just put us 2 on his list behind only Minnesota.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If I take the refs out of the games, I'd put us at #2. With the refs, I'd put us at 4. Vikes, Pats, Eagles, Rams, Steelers, then prob Saints. I think we can beat all of these teams on a neutral playing field, and i mean neutral in every way. Team most afraid of, the Vikings, they kicked our butt.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If ESPN ticks you off, get a load of Mike Foolio who has us at #8. :poop: Btw Mike, please at least get your weeks straight.

I think most of these national guys are losing it... simply too much information/data to keep straight... they're making simple mistakes all the time now.

We play Dallas this Sunday, the 15th week of the season. :LOL::oops:

And 8th? OK, even in my mind, the Rams, NO and CAR are close to each other... but the Rams just embarrassed what guys like Foolio would consider a powerhouse - SEA. I mean embarrassed them!

Someone with some photoshop skills needs to create "Foolio"... like "Flabio":

s-l1600.jpg

Ram65

Legend
I believe the Rams can play with any team. They are starting to peak. Gurley NOT being over used. Knock on wood for continued good health. Probably not much difference in the top 6. They all have some chinks in the armor. Rams solid in all three phases of the game. I'll take top FOUR!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
5. Jaguars (10-4; No. 5): Most impressive accomplishment this year? Making two-tone helmets look good.

6. Panthers (10-4; No. 6): Mark Cuban may want to reconsider not being interested in buying the team if it wins the Super Bowl.

7. Saints (10-4; No. 7): Arguably the best team in the conference may not win its division.

8. Rams (10-4; No. 8): If the Rams that showed up in Seattle show up in the playoffs, they’ll be showing up in the Super Bowl.
Lol
These things are meaningless I get it, but putting the Rams behind 2 teams they beat is just silly

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If I take the refs out of the games, I'd put us at #2. With the refs, I'd put us at 4. Vikes, Pats, Eagles, Rams, Steelers, then prob Saints. I think we can beat all of these teams on a neutral playing field, and i mean neutral in every way. Team most afraid of, the Vikings, they kicked our butt.
I'll take the Rams in any re-match with any Team, and that includes SB rematches with the Cheatriot's and the Steelers!!(y);):D:yess::mrburnsevil:

jacktheripper85

Starter

They really didn’t kick our butts. Kupp’s fumble on the goal line changed the whole complexion of the game and Hatfield’s embarrassing play against Thielen was the icing on the cake. If not for those 2 plays it’s a different game.

jacktheripper85

Starter
They really didn’t kick our butts. Kupp’s fumble on the goal line changed the whole complexion of the game and Hatfield’s embarrassing play against Thielen was the icing on the cake. If not for those 2 plays it’s a different game.

Forgot to add that Mike Florio is a hand job.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Well, we couldn't guard Thielen, and their defense was the best we faced, IMO. Until we beat them, they are the best team. I don't think the AFC can hold a candle to the NFC this year.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Well, we couldn't guard Thielen, and their defense was the best we faced, IMO. Until we beat them, they are the best team. I don't think the AFC can hold a candle to the NFC this year.

Never said they weren’t a good team-just stated they didn’t really “kick” our butts. 7-7 going into 4th quarter at their place and would have been up 7 if not for Kupps fumble. As for Thielen what had he done in the game prior to the Hatfield shit show.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Never said they weren’t a good team-just stated they didn’t really “kick” our butts. 7-7 going into 4th quarter at their place and would have been up 7 if not for Kupps fumble. As for Thielen what had he done in the game prior to the Hatfield crap show.
Physically, from the OL, to the DL, I thought they were really tough, toughest we faced. if you are bothered by the kicked our butts reference, take it out, if you wish.