We actually did it! I’m in Minny now!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
We sold our house in FL and we’re in Minnesota!

Got a temp house for a few months that we will be in tomorrow while we look for our new home.

Doing it multi-generational! My mom is joining the wife and I, 3 adult kids and an “adopted” family member who’s a friend of the kids.

7 in all.

We’re all excited to both be out of FL (for umpteen reasons) and to start anew in the Minny metro area!

It’s been a 7 year journey and we finally did it!

Go Rams from the Land of 10,000 Lakes!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We sold our house in FL and we’re in Minnesota!

Got a temp house for a few months that we will be in tomorrow while we look for our new home.

Doing it multi-generational! My mom is joining the wife and I, 3 adult kids and an “adopted” family member who’s a friend of the kids.

7 in all.

We’re all excited to both be out of FL (for umpteen reasons) and to start anew in the Minny metro area!

It’s been a 7 year journey and we finally did it!

Go Rams from the Land of 10,000 Lakes!
"traitor!" ~ @Selassie I

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m ok with that… I never have to deal with a hurricane again… I’ve dealt with cold winters before and I’ll reacclimate.

I do worry about them still, tho, as my oldest son, his wife and 3 grand babies are still in Florida (they have work, kids in school, her family is big and is there)

But damn, is FL expensive now…

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Yep!

What’s funny is that my mom’s family was from here before they all moved to LA and my first glove was a Rod Carew glove. I also always liked the Twins from afar.

Selling our houses was really stressful. Here’s hoping buying our new home is less so!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Congratulations!! I know its been your plan for a while now. Good on ya for making it go!!
But just one thing to keep in mind,
Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Congratulations!! I know its been your plan for a while now. Good on ya for making it go!!
But just one thing to keep in mind,
Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

Oh we have $3500 set aside just for great boots and jackets and our vehicles will be garaged. We’re combining two households with a fair bit from the sale of our FL homes so we should be okay that way.

Yeah, the cold will be a shock the first year, but the last time I moved north, we also came from FL when I got out of the Navy and we loved it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Congrats Mac!

I'm picturing the Beverly Hillbillies rolling into Minnesota by the description of your clan.
LOL

You better start working on your accent fast... you're gonna sound like a foreigner to those fine MinnaSOOOOOOtans. Seriously though, everyone I've known from that state has been very down to earth and easy going. Nice folk. They fucking drink more than sailors though.

Good luck to you guys. Happy your plans have all come to fruition.

Oh... and Fuck the viqueens ! Please tell em I said so.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Congratulations Mac. Long time coming is finally here. Now go jump in a lake!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Congrats Mac!

I'm picturing the Beverly Hillbillies rolling into Minnesota by the description of your clan.
LOL

You better start working on your accent fast... you're gonna sound like a foreigner to those fine MinnaSOOOOOOtans. Seriously though, everyone I've known from that state has been very down to earth and easy going. Nice folk. They fucking drink more than sailors though.

Good luck to you guys. Happy your plans have all come to fruition.

Oh... and Fuck the viqueens ! Please tell em I said so.

I had to laugh at this because when my mom overpacked for the ride up, I said she could ship some of her stuff or I’d strap her to the roof like on the Beverly Hillbillies and the whole family fell out picturing that!

None of us drink, so that’s def gonna be an adjustment. As an autistic person, I naturally mask other’s behaviors including accents, so I’ll sound like a native really quickly… but yeah, we’re gonna sound different for sure, especially since we’ve all adopted the southern y’all… use that lil nugget all the time.

Thanks for the well wishes. It’s been seven years of dreaming and planning and 18 months of working to make it happen…

As for the important stuff, not a Vikings fan, but they moved up the list after the Lions bullshit… as always, it’s Rams first last and always… and most of my T-shirts are Rams Super Bowl Champions t-shirts… cuz they need to KNOW whose house it is!!!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well , he now has 10,000 to choose from
11,842 akshually…LOL. It’s crazy to think about… it’s a LOT, for sure

Yeah, and that doesn’t count all the quarries, sloughs, and dry lakes…

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Congratulations Mac. Long time coming is finally here. Now go jump in a lake!

My fat ass jumps into Lake Minnetonka, it’ll be the first tsunami in Minnesota history!!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Congratulations Mack!

I’m in PA and when Landscaping slowed in January, I would head to North Dakota and/or Minnesota. It was colder but you adjust quickly and the cross country skiing is awesome.

If you want to have a real hoot, go north and find a dogsledding rental outfit. It’s a lot of fun.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh we have $3500 set aside just for great boots and jackets and our vehicles will be garaged. We’re combining two households with a fair bit from the sale of our FL homes so we should be okay that way.

Yeah, the cold will be a shock the first year, but the last time I moved north, we also came from FL when I got out of the Navy and we loved it.
But bro, the cold hits different when you're in your 50's and 60's. I was that guy that ran around in a t-shirt in freezing weather. No more...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
But bro, the cold hits different when you're in your 50's and 60's. I was that guy that ran around in a t-shirt in freezing weather. No more...

Fair enough. That said, the clothes and boots have never been better (for the most part, I know a lot of boot makers are making crap quality boots now)

And thankfully, we’ll have the resources to garage our vehicles and have our driveway and walkways shoveled/salted, so I won’t have to break my back too often shoveling… I mean, there’s always the snow plow that leaves a big berm of heavy icy snow on the end of the driveway that needs attention, but what can one do?

Tano

Legend
Yep!

What’s funny is that my mom’s family was from here before they all moved to LA and my first glove was a Rod Carew glove. I also always liked the Twins from afar.

Selling our houses was really stressful. Here’s hoping buying our new home is less so!
Rod Carew - greatest singles hitter with nobody on base.

I watched a lot of Angel's baseball in the late 70s early 80s because one of my good friends was a hard core angel fan.

And I could almost always predict when Rod Carew was going to get a hit.

And he rarely got a hit when there was a runner on base (well at least whenever I was watching the game).