Watching Chris Simms SB LVI Recap again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BrooklynRam

Rookie
We're talking about two different topics.

You're focused on Goff; and I mostly agree with your assessment / opinions on him.

My focus is on the men and women that make a living providing their opinions (real or created for viewer-impact). Often they fail to address prior comments that don't play-out as expected; or, if they do, they minimize the result or come-up with an alternative explanation. When things play-out as they thought, these same individuals revel in their brilliance ... some posters do the same thing.

Chris's Simms, along With Dan Orlovsky are the 2 leading surveyor and rater of Quarterbacks. Furthermore, Simms has always been fair (and accurate) regarding Goff as he is with all Quarterbacks in the Union.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yes, and he was correct. Simms rates the QUARTERBACK, not the TEAM the quarterback PLAYS for. In other words, Matthew Stafford on a SHIT Lions team in 2018 is STILL better than Jared Goff who went to a Super Bowl. See how that works?
See, again, you are focused on right vs. wrong; and Goff's place among NFL QBs.

Dang (hope you don't mind me commenting here) and I are more focused on Chris Simms; and, in my case, some of his peers ... and how their comments and evaluations and show a Bias and lack of Genuineness

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Chris's Simms, along With Dan Orlovsky are the 2 leading surveyor and rater of Quarterbacks. Furthermore, Simms has always been fair (and accurate) regarding Goff as he is with all Quarterbacks in the Union.
That's just an opinion.

Personally, I agree with you on Orlovsky but disagree on Simms.

And given this was a thread about Chris Simms' Super Bowl evaluation, you are way over-focused on Goff.

BrooklynRam

Rookie
That's just an opinion.

Personally, I agree with you on Orlovsky but disagree on Simms.

And given this was a thread about Chris Simms' Super Bowl evaluation, you are way over-focused on Goff.

OR, or, maybe some here are TOO focused on Simms poor ranking of Goff back in the day, (in which I admittedly hated him at the time for it) and are stuck on that premise EVEN THOUGH for the most part Simms turned out absolutely accurate about it in the end.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Sorry both you and Simms were wrong. Goff was only occasionally elite and occasionally dreadful but overall he is a good NFL QB. I’ll debate that all day every day.
Move on.... He's the lions problem now.

dang

Legend
OR, or, maybe some here are TOO focused on Simms poor ranking of Goff back in the day, (in which I admittedly hated him at the time for it) and are stuck on that premise EVEN THOUGH for the most part Simms turned out absolutely accurate about it in the end.
Again respect everyone has a right to their opinions. Yours is very strong and in my opinion very wrong. Again all day every day.

BrooklynRam

Rookie
Again respect everyone has a right to their opinions. Yours is very strong and in my opinion very wrong. Again all day every day.

Very wrong! LOL. Tell us, where do YOU have Goff rated by approximate number?

dang

Legend
Very wrong! LOL. Tell us, where do YOU have Goff rated by approximate number?
I’m going to be kind and rewind. As example do u or did u you agree with Simms assessment of Goff being an average to below avg QB (#19) coming into the 2019 season? That’s the bias I am referring to. It’s only my opinion but one that had me questioning Simms takes.

BrooklynRam

Rookie
I’m going to be kind and rewind. As example do u or did u you agree with Simms assessment of Goff being an average to below avg QB (#19) coming into the 2019 season? That’s the bias I am referring to. It’s only my opinion but one that had me questioning Simms takes.

I Disagreed AT THE TIME. In Retrospect and Finality (the ONLY thing that matters) I agree with him.