Washington Trades Sweat To Bears

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bears are dumb. That pick is valuable - almost a 1st. That GM is bad.
Yeah. They are not likely to resign him. Especially if he wants to play in Atlanta. That’s a top five second round pick for 8 games. The Bears aren’t going to sniff the playoffs. It makes no sense.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yeah. They are not likely to resign him. Especially if he wants to play in Atlanta. That’s a top five second round pick for 8 games. The Bears aren’t going to sniff the playoffs. It makes no sense.
If a long term deal can’t be worked out, have to believe Chicago will franchise tag Sweat; and maybe then work out a trade.

The Bears have a ton of cap space for 2024. They can’t let Sweat just walk after giving up a high #2.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If a long term deal can’t be worked out, have to believe Chicago will franchise tag Sweat; and maybe then work out a trade.

The Bears have a ton of cap space for 2024. They can’t let Sweat just walk after giving up a high #2.
Yeah I forgot about the tag.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And people think Young will take less? Glad we didn't send a pick(s) for either of these guys.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's an insane contract for somebody who has never had a double digit sack season. I guess they got to pay the terrible team tax.
I know. We cut guys who averaged more than that over the last 4 years.. Wait... what?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
That's an insane contract for somebody who has never had a double digit sack season. I guess they got to pay the terrible team tax.
Yes … But … you have to consider the Need, the Limited Supply and the Cap Space.

Most teams need/want Edge talent. There’s not a lot of good Edge talent available. The Bears have some of the highest projected 2024 Cap Space, with almost $100M.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Yes … But … you have to consider the Need, the Limited Supply and the Cap Space.

Most teams need/want Edge talent. There’s not a lot of good Edge talent available. The Bears have some of the highest projected 2024 Cap Space, with almost $100M.
Oh I did consider that. But for me I'm Not paying you that type of money unless I've seen you're capable of being that type of player. Idc what my team or cap situation is. He was on a loaded dline and still couldn't hit dbl digits. Highly doubt he does any better for a trash bears team.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Oh I did consider that. But for me I'm Not paying you that type of money unless I've seen you're capable of being that type of player. Idc what my team or cap situation is. He was on a loaded dline and still couldn't hit dbl digits. Highly doubt he does any better for a trash bears team.
So rather than OVER-pay for a good player,
at an impact position,
plus a position of need,
when you have significant cap space
and the available talent is very limited,
You would choose to hold onto the excess cap and continue to lose?

Damn ... I wish you were the 49ers' GM

When the Bears traded a high second round pick for Sweat, there was No Way they could not retain him. Similar to when the Rams traded two first round picks for Jalen Ramsey.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
at an impact position,
plus a position of need,

When the Bears traded a high second round pick for Sweat, there was No Way they could not retain him. Similar to when the Rams traded two first round picks for Jalen Ramsey.
Without his number accounted for next year the Bears have $82 million in cap space. Add to that they had to do this I think to lower his hit this year because this year they didn't have a ton of cap space.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
at an impact position,
plus a position of need,

They didn't retain Claypool, who also went for a high 2nd round pick. Paying mediocre players huge contracts like that is how you stay a mediocre team. So yea I rather waste just a draft pick vs my draft pick and my money.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Honestly, I don’t know what the Bears plan is. Maybe they don’t either…come to think of it.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly, I don’t know what the Bears plan is. Maybe they don’t either…come to think of it.
Charge high ticket prices, put pork & beans on the field, come in last place.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A lot of money, esepcially for a team that still needs a QB and other players. But at least the Bears had a plan and executed it. An outstanding DE will help a lot if they can build around him.
Their QB will be on a rookie deal though. And they have a ton of cap next year anyways.