Washington fans buy RG3 wedding gifts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Oakland Raiders fans earned points for their plans to woo Charles Woodson later this week, but the faithful followers of the Washington Redskins might have them beat.

Word leaked out over the weekend that fans of the team have been purchasing gifts off Robert Griffin III's wedding registry, which went public earlier this month.

The second-year quarterback is slated to be married to Rebecca Liddicoat on July 6. From the looks of it, Robert and Rebecca will want for nothing when they start their new life together.

Griffin -- who said he never expected fans to jump on the registry -- tweeted out a thank-you note Sunday for the avalanche of gifts.

So. Much. Cardboard.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204521/article/rg3-thank-you-redskins-fans-for-wedding-gifts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ding-gifts</a>

[tweet]336160793659863040[/tweet]

Because you know.... RG3 couldn't buy these things himself with his 21 million dollar contract or his endorsement deals.... And yes, people have told him that he should donate them to people who need it, and no he's not going to appease the 'haters' out there.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And though I have bought stuff there myself, nothing says quality on a million dollar budget like Bed Bath & Beyond. I suppose the good side of that is he's probably a good, well grounded kid.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
CGI_Ram said:
RamFan503 said:
nighttrain said:
didn't see crutches or knee brace :shock:
train

You will.

:lmao:

Sad part is, I actually felt bad about typing that. It WAS a joke though. I don't actually wish any player that is not a POS any ill will. Well... maybe tommi up in NE but.... Now TEAMS are a different matter entirely.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He's making the duck face and taking gifts from strangers.

I don't like the kid as much as I used to. He should donate that stuff to a shelter.

Did he use the word hater in a reply to someone who said he should donate the stuff? If so that's a character indicator IMO and not a good one.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Originally I was gonna say something on Bobby for taking gifts, but I think I'd rather just point and laugh at the people who actually spent money to buy gifts for a couple they will never know personally. :lull: :lull: :lull: :lull: :lull:

"Oh yeah, let's buy gifts for a guy that already has more money than we'll ever see! Screw charities, give them to the face of a football team...and Subway!"

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamFan503 said:
CGI_Ram said:
RamFan503 said:
nighttrain said:
train

You will.

Sad part is, I actually felt bad about typing that. It WAS a joke though. I don't actually wish any player that is not a POS any ill will. Well... maybe tommi up in NE but.... Now TEAMS are a different matter entirely.
Brady is as culpable for the cheating as Bellichik. So, yeah. Bad karma is what he deserves.

iced

I don't think its as simple as just donating it to charity.

Could piss off the people who bought it..

some people might easily twist it into "oh you're too good for us now huh?"

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
iced said:

True, but he could tabulate the value and donate that at the very least.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
CGI_Ram said:
iced said:

True, but he could tabulate the value and donate that at the very least.

How many times do you guys make it public when you donate to charities? Never? Just donate the shit without saying anything about it and say thank you for the people who bought it. Regardless, you are using the things people bought for you. In this case it is to enrich someone else's life. No offense but anyone who buys a bunch of crap from a department store for a multi-millionaire ain't too bright if they think, "oh... he'll need THIS". Maybe they can go to his next block party and see their throw pillow on his couch.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram Quixote said:
RamFan503 said:
CGI_Ram said:
RamFan503 said:
nighttrain said:
train

You will.

Brady is as culpable for the cheating as Bellichik. So, yeah. Bad karma is what he deserves.

Yep.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He looks like an ugly chick with that gay hair of his. Maybe he was able to stock up on some barrettes and Midol,,, I think they sell that shit there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Seriously. Good guy or not ... he needs to be punched in the face FOR making this face.

ikGYR1x.jpg

god I hate it when chicks make that face...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
Seriously. Good guy or not ... he needs to be punched in the face FOR making this face.

ikGYR1x.jpg

god I hate it when chicks make that face...

The duck face is completely douchey. It isn't even debatable.....it's super douchey.

iced

Sorry, I'm not going to Fault Rg3 for this.

1)people know he has money
2)its for his wedding
3) He didn't ASK for this - people are choosing to do this out of their own free will.

yell at the city of washington for spending money on a guy who doesn't need it.

I can cherry pick the same argument people are making about RG3 and donating it.

why aren't these people spending money people who need it? Why aren't they donating to the poor, goodwill,etc.?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iced said:
Sorry, I'm not going to Fault a Guy whom people:

1)know has money
2)its for his wedding
3) He didn't ASK for this - people are choosing to do this out of their own free will.

yell at the city of washington for spending money on a guy who doesn't need it
I won't begrudge him for that either.
But he still needs to be open-hand-smacked in the mouth for making that face.

iced

X said:
iced said:
Sorry, I'm not going to Fault a Guy whom people:

1)know has money
2)its for his wedding

yell at the city of washington for spending money on a guy who doesn't need it
I won't begrudge him for that either.
But he still needs to be open-hand-smacked in the mouth for making that face.

Fully agree. Duck face is ugly..

chicks biting their lip on the other hand...

Ram_of_Old

Angry Ram said:
Originally I was gonna say something on Bobby for taking gifts, but I think I'd rather just point and laugh at the people who actually spent money to buy gifts for a couple they will never know personally. :lull: :lull: :lull: :lull: :lull:

"Oh yeah, let's buy gifts for a guy that already has more money than we'll ever see! Screw charities, give them to the face of a football team...and Subway!"

Really...