Washed up DB stokes next-level hate on Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Hmm I don't see anything?

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hate the interwebs...

Try to fix it. Hold on...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s not wrong in his reasoning but Stafford should have a few more yea4s with the Rams and McVay to boost his numbers and his resume. More playoff success won’t hurt either. These arguments are made for everybody not one of the top couple of players at their position.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Eh, I don't know. I think he definitely has a shot to get in now. Especially with a few more productive years with the great Kupp.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Here's a fun question I'd love to ask Sherman:

Who has a better HOF resume: Matthew Stafford or Russell Wilson?

Both have 1 Super Bowl win. Stafford has more yards/year. Wilson has more TD passes/year. Wilson has had better teams around him for most of his career.

I'd say its pretty close.

Psycho_X

Legend

Both have 1 Super Bowl win. Stafford has more yards/year. Wilson has more TD passes/year. Wilson has had better teams around him for most of his career.

I think Sherman and Wilson didn't like each other so you probably wouldn't get much of an argument from him on that subject either.

As far as Stafford, plenty of good years left for him to cement his ticket so no point in discussing it now.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sitting out the past two years and contributing nothing on the field is probably something “Dick” Sherman should be focusing on instead of this. JMO

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
At some point, maybe compare Stafford stats per year to pro bowlers stats in those years the years.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nobody listens to this fool anyway.
Take a look at Joe Namaths career numbers. Not very good.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think what rubs me the wrong way most is his complaining about Stafford's numbers and comparing them to previous eras.

Not Stafford's fault that the rule have changed over the last decade to the point that John Q. Shitty-back can put up 3500 yds a year. You go to war with the rules you have.

Stafford will finish his career with more yards than guys that are there. He will finish with a shit-ton of TDs and a whole lot of come-from-behind wins.

And this:

View: https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1493313438722015232?s=20&t=jg7a2tLhrvG4QDVtsfUh4Q

And this:

View: https://twitter.com/JKBOGEN/status/1493425220010614786?s=20&t=jg7a2tLhrvG4QDVtsfUh4Q

And his SB-winning drive is going to be up there with all-timers like SB XXII and Montana-to-Taylor.

WTF is Sherman looking at that he says there is NOTHING on the resume?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He's just mad because his former arch-rival got a TD pass from the 1 to win it while his team got picked from the 1 to lose it.

Can a Dick suck himself? Because that's what I would tell Dick Sherman to do.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
45506811-9792875-Richard_Sherman_a_NFL_star_is_seen_on_surveillance_camera_yellin-m-26_1626402...jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not wrong. But with another SB win and a few more years of winning football, Stafford will have the resume.

Russell Wilson. It's not even close.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Stafford's problem is there were 8 or 9 QBs who played simultaneously or overlapped with his career who are getting into the Hall.

The counting stats are probably going to be there at the end of his career. But I do think he needs an MVP or two, or at least a couple more deep postseason runs, to make his case.