Warren Sapp: 'Colin Kaepernick's workout with Raiders was a total disaster’

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
5F653ED5-99B5-49B5-BBE0-82B45E14E200.jpeg

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Plus why not enjoy an entertaining rumor now and then. We don't always have to do the right thing. It's why I like to talk shit in the division opponent threads. Fuck him.

If Kaep's workout sucked it shows how badly he lost that edge. There's some good entertainment in all that. Life is tough buttercup. People aren't gonna hand shit to you. He could have been something if he had just focused on his career but hey maybe being a guy who gets a footnote in history is more important than being a great player. I would have been after the gold jacket personally but to each his own.
He could have had a job if he would have accepted back up money. He was s back up when he left SF.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’ll give Sapp credit all day long. Great player who undoubtedly knows people in the game.

Why would the Raiders even bother with that asshat Kraperdick? He was never a very good QB, and they aren’t going to run special packages for him.

My biggest hope is that this ends any mention of that jackass. Fuck him

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure he does and it could be correct, but if I wasn't there I probably wouldn't comment on it as it's none of my business. Busybody behaviour just to put someone down doesn't sit right with me.
Nothing wrong with sitting on that high horse, knock yourself out. But being all righteous about it rubs me the wrong way.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Let's do our best to stay on track with this Thread Bruddas.

We don't see enough of Brudda @Prime Time these days. I'd like to see some extra attention paid to this thread because he created it. You guys should too.

I'm going to go ahead and thank you all in advance for your extra "attention" in this thread going forward.

Mahalos

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
"I’m surprised Warren would say that, because it’s not true and you would think he would want Kap on a team.”

Why??? Why would Kaep's agent even say this??

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Love Norman’s take on even giving the douche a tryout. Are you kidding me!!! After all the mud slinging, dragging the league through the mud and you want to come back to work for the NFL??? Maybe one of those teams in Europe could use a hand cleaning restrooms.

It was actually a very small part of the interview. Sapp puts it out front, he knew what the deal was, they know the league is out for themselves. But, is there another better option? Hell no.

Appreciate the honesty.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who does LV even have backing up Carr? Even on his best day I wouldnt see Kaep in the McDaniels/Pats offense.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Who does LV even have backing up Carr? Even on his best day I wouldnt see Kaep in the McDaniels/Pats offense.
Jarrett Stidham, Nick Mullens and a UDFA from Cal Chase Garbers. None of them are exactly awe inspiring unless it's Mullens starting against us.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Unlike a prostitute, krapernick sucked BEFORE he got on his knees. He lost his starting job to blaine gabbert, for crying out loud. Are we supposed to forget that? It was only then that he developed a social conscience.

After five years out and poor play on his previous stint, costing him his job, who in their right mind thinks this guy still “”has it”?
I was watching that pre season game it was the last pre season game, Colon was standing behind his coach holding a football when the coach turned and said something to him, Most likely he was told that he was not going to start because you could see Colin was really angry. He tossed the ball to the ground and went and sat on the bench and threw his helmet behind the bench. A few moments later the national anthem began and he didn't stand up.
It wasn't until the next week after people criticized him that he came up with the killer cops defense and started taking a knee.
I'm convinced he wasn't mad about cops on that day, he was pissed that he wasn't going to start. IMO.
Even the guys in the booth thought he was told that he wasn't going to be the starting QB.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I was watching that pre season game it was the last pre season game, Colon was standing behind his coach holding a football when the coach turned and said something to him, Most likely he was told that he was not going to start because you could see Colin was really angry. He tossed the ball to the ground and went and sat on the bench and threw his helmet behind the bench. A few moments later the national anthem began and he didn't stand up.
It wasn't until the next week after people criticized him that he came up with the killer cops defense and started taking a knee.
I'm convinced he wasn't mad about cops on that day, he was pissed that he wasn't going to start. IMO.
Even the guys in the booth thought he was told that he wasn't going to be the starting QB.

You’re right on the $$. I was commuting back then and I was listening to plenty of KNBR sports talk radio (SF based). The whole pre-season was an uncomfortable situation whereby the 9ers didn’t want krapernick and we’re trying to deal him. Krapernick was more than willing to go but wasn’t gonna make it easy by taking a pay cut.
…you don’t think there were reporters around him all through camp? Where was his social unrest then? He had mikes in front of him all summer.

No, he was a petulant child that infamous night. As you said (and I was saying right from the get go), he scrambled for an answer after the game and then refined it the following week into a full-fledged crusade.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
He could have had a job if he would have accepted back up money. He was s back up when he left SF.

That’s exactly what the problem was when the 9ers were trying to deal krapernick. They wanted “SB starting QB” returns, but teams balked at giving up both that type of draft capital AND eating his salary. Either the 9ers asked for less or ate some of the contract. They tried to have it both ways by asking krapernick to take a pay cut. He refused.

There wasn’t anybody out there who believed he would be “automatic “ and pay him accordingly. Hey, they had 1 year prove it deals back then, too.
…again, all this was going on BEFORE the kneeling incident.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd sign Kaepernick...in Madden. And then trade him to a quarterback-needy team for a free first round pick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jarrett Stidham, Nick Mullens and a UDFA from Cal Chase Garbers. None of them are exactly awe inspiring unless it's Mullens starting against us.
I guess Stidham has the familiarity with the system angle, alas...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That’s exactly what the problem was when the 9ers were trying to deal krapernick. They wanted “SB starting QB” returns, but teams balked at giving up both that type of draft capital AND eating his salary.
Hahaha. Is history repeating itself??

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
You’re right on the $$. I was commuting back then and I was listening to plenty of KNBR sports talk radio (SF based). The whole pre-season was an uncomfortable situation whereby the 9ers didn’t want krapernick and we’re trying to deal him. Krapernick was more than willing to go but wasn’t gonna make it easy by taking a pay cut.
…you don’t think there were reporters around him all through camp? Where was his social unrest then? He had mikes in front of him all summer.

No, he was a petulant child that infamous night. As you said (and I was saying right from the get go), he scrambled for an answer after the game and then refined it the following week into a full-fledged crusade.
Yep spot on, his girlfriend helped him turn it around into some social justice cause, she was smart to do so he has made a bunch of money. But what he was angry about that day was losing the starting QB spot. Not police brutality. Or he would have kneeled that first day.