Vinny Curry [No Longer Available] and Jonathan Hankins Available

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ranma

Rookie
Austin Knoblauch, NFL.com (3/17/18)
The Colts, who will be switching to a 4-3 base defense in 2018 under new head coach Frank Reich, released defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins on Saturday. Hankins is back on the market less than a year after he signed a three-year, $30 million contract that included a $10 million guaranteed payout.
Outside of Ndamukong Suh and Vinny Curry, Hankins might be the best run-stuffer available in free agency. He'll surely draw interest from teams running the 3-4 that have salary-cap space to spare.
Johnathan Hankins Released by Indianapolis Colts

I don't know much about either DE Curry or DT Hankins but maybe one of them could be the answer at NT on the DL in free agency. I'm just wary of paying too much for either option when the draft seems to be able to provide some appealing options.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He’s exactly the kind of guy you pick up in this 2nd round of FA.

He would allow us to focus on EDGE at #23...like maybe Landry

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love Hankins as an option, depending upon the cost. If he can be had at a semi-reasonable amount (3 years at $8.5M/yr?), then he would be perfect for our defense. Much more than that though, and I think we'd have to pass.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Curry is a 4-3 SDE, like Will Hayes. Hankins and Suh are great fits at Nose in our scheme. I'd love to see us grab either one. Hankins would be especially perfect because he's only 25 years old (turns 26 in two weeks).

Ranma

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Suh-1-768x427.jpg
https://media.profootballfocus.com/2018/03/Suh-1-768x427.jpg

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I'm really hoping for Hankins. He would really solidify the D-line and let us hit LB and Edge hard in the draft.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
What do you guys think about Sylvester Williams? Titans just cut him and he played for Wade when he was in Denver.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What do you guys think about Sylvester Williams? Titans just cut him and he played for Wade when he was in Denver.

I don't like him, but if we're being honest, he's probably more likely than Hankins. :(

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Sylvester has been mediocre his entire career. Really a depth guy. Hankins would make an impact.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I don't like him, but if we're being honest, he's probably more likely than Hankins. :(

That what I was kind of thinking. Will be way cheaper that’s for sure. Bennie Logan could be an option too if rams are looking to find a run stopper at NT.

dang

Legend
After the Sullivan signing I doubt the Rams spend more than $5M more in free agency. Unless the Donald contract is creative in keeping the 2018 cap hit low. So bargain basement deals may be all that’s left. are all that’s left

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
DT Hankins was demanding 10 mil a season in 2017.

He would be a 2 down run stopper @ NT though.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Hankins does have some pass rushing ability. Had 8 sacks in 2014 and 5 in 2016. It's not super consistent, but he can do a bit more than take up space and stuff the run, which he already does better than anyone else available. With talented players on the line beside him, Wade being able to put players in the best position to succeed, and his talent, he has the potential to be more than a space eater. He would be a dominant presence against the run with upside as a pass rusher.

TexasRam

Legend
Let’s ask Mr Hankins if we would like to take a discount to play for the 2019 Super Bowl Champs.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Hankins would be a good get on a one year pillow type contract for say 8 million. One year under Wade would increase his value down the road. He is still young.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Take some of that Sammy money and sign Hankins. Then add bowman so we can draft whoever we want, even trade down.