Vikings may bring back Shaun Hill

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I see not one damn reason to hate on Shaun Hill. I dunno, maybe I'm misreading people.

I think the guy really Rammed up and did well behind an OL that didn't exactly help him or the team out.

He's obviously not a franchise guy, but he's a veteran and resource for any new guy and unlike Davis who's play tanked after teams got film on him, he's a guy who definitely CAN fill in for a starter and win... of course, that's presuming the other parts of the team are in win mode...

Not sure what else a top quality NFL backup QB should be able to do.

Also, let's be clear. We haven't had a QB start all 16 games since Bradford's rookie year, iirc and maybe more so than any other team, we NEED a starting caliber backup QB.

Now, how many of THOSE are there in the NFL? Considering there aren't really 32 starting caliber QBs in the NFL, the number of starting caliber backups? Yeah... not so many.

I get it that he doesn't have the biggest arm, but he can throw it QB distance, fer cryin out loud. Just because he throws it 50 yards instead of 60+ doesn't mean our offense has to end within 15 yards of the LOS. If the OL does its job and our WRs continue to develop, then a guy like Shaun Hill would be fine and we would win games we lost last year.

I hope and pray he returns because without a viable backup, it could get ugly.

And as Rams fans, we KNOW what ugly looks like.

It may seem obvious, but...it ain't pretty...
I agree in total.
Hill is not perfect but he is an NFL quarterback. He also does not cost a ton. There is no one in the FA market at this time that is marketably better. He can also serve as a good mentor to whom ever is drafted. If Hill walks, which as soon as the Vikings offer over $2.5 M he probably will the Rams QB situation will be worse.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If you all go back to the games, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone OTHER than a top 20 starting QB who would have done better than Hill in the exact same circumstances. Davis? Keenum? Gilbert?

I'm sorry, but the actual data doesn't bear out those assertions. Shaun Hill is one of the best backups in the NFL. None of the aforementioned QBs rates higher than a 3 on most clubs.

Lastly, I don't understand the "sucks" comments. I don't think either Hill or Davis sucked. I think both came in without the benefit of reps and behind what we now realize was a less than functional OL and did pretty well all things considered. They were who we paid them to be: backups.

We've seen what sucks looks like >.> Tony Banks <.<

That's just not what we had last year as frustrating as it was.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I like Hill way more than Davis. Davis was a nightmare in the 4th quarter, and if he ever has to start for us, it won't matter how many points we are ahead by, Davis can find a way to lose that game. No thank you.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Coooool, I really don't like Hill.......I honestly would have rather kept Clemens.
Kinda agree. I would rather have kept AND USED Keenum instead of Hill.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I've seen more than enough out of Hill and Davis. They need to go a different way, as even with a better line the lack of arm strength with both of them won't let either of them hit a late developing route, as it will always open up far down field.