Vikings: Bridgewater back, Bradford out for the season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Case Keenum is doing a good job for them.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...idgewater-active-sam-bradford-out-for-season/

Vikings announce Teddy Bridgewater active, Sam Bradford out for season
Posted by Michael David Smith

Teddy Bridgewater‘s season may soon begin, and Sam Bradford‘s season is over.

The Vikings made it official today, announcing that they have activated Bridgewater to the 53-man roster while putting Bradford on injured reserve.

It’s the most encouraging news yet for Bridgewater, who suffered an injury so severe in training camp last year that there were concerns he might never play again. Now it appears a return to live game action is close.

But it’s another setback for Bradford, who has been plagued by injuries throughout his career and managed to play just 16 games for the Vikings after they sent a first-round pick and a fourth-round pick to Philadelphia to acquire him last year.

It’s unknown whether the Vikings will bench Case Keenum, who has played well since Bradford got hurt, for a healthy Bridgewater. But Bridgewater is now healthy enough to raise that question. That in and of itself is a great comeback story.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah...good for Bridgewater and all. Good kid. But Bradford out for the season? Really? With what? Sore knees? Hmmm.

I haven't read a whole lot about this situation but one has to wonder if Minnesota has just decided to phase Bradford out and include Keenum going forward.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Keenum has done an admirable job but i'd rather have Bradford as my #2.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah...good for Bridgewater and all. Good kid. But Bradford out for the season? Really? With what? Sore knees? Hmmm.

I haven't read a whole lot about this situation but one has to wonder if Minnesota has just decided to phase Bradford out and include Keenum going forward.
They are "cleaning up his knee" because it's still hurting him...Arthroscopic Surgery I think I heard them say?

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
It's that defense that the Rams have to worry about, not the QB.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
They are "cleaning up his knee" because it's still hurting him...Arthroscopic Surgery I think I heard them say?
That's fine but if true why now? Bridgewater gets activated and all of a sudden Sam needs surgery? His knees have been reportedly sore for months. He didn't lose his job to Keenum. He couldn't play.

Idk man. I work with a die hard Vikings fan and when i asked him a few weeks ago what was going on with Sam he said there wasn't a whole lot of concrete info there. But now it's surgery time? Weird.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Keenum has done an admirable job but i'd rather have Bradford as my #2.

I think it's over for Sam again JMHO, but nothing seem to happen and now he's out and his last start, he looked really bad.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Hmmmm, a Rams vs Bradford match up has been put off...possibly for good. Would've been interesting to see, but I like the advantages vs the other 2 QBs.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's over for Sam again JMHO, but nothing seem to happen and now he's out and his last start, he looked really bad.
Well, most players in this league never make the big money and only have like 3 years in the NFL....Sam won't have any rewards besides the OROY with us, but he can never complain about the money...I think he got 55 million from us alone...and that money goes a long way in Oklahoma.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You may very well be right. One could assume that he looked bad because his knee(s) were sore. I guess my point is if that was true and the Vikes were fine with Keenum while waiting on Teddy, why not clean up Bradford's knee 2 months ago as insurance if Teddy wasn't able to return?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Teddy Bridgewater‘s season may soon begin, and Sam Bradford‘s career is over.

FIFY.

I'd feel sorry for Bradford, were it not for the stock pile of cash he has, BTW, today is his birthday... only 30.

He's set for life.
His parent's are set for life.
His grand-parent's are set for life.
His great grand-parent's are set for life.
If he ever has kids, his kids will be set for life.
His grand-children will be set for life.
His great grand-children will be set for life.
All his friends are set for life.
His favorite charity is fully funded for the next 20 years.
Half the state of Oklahoma is set for life.
:LOL:

Hey, BTW, do the Rams play MINN this week?

socalrams90

Starter
I want to play against keenum just to beat him. I'm rooting for him otherwise as long as they don't do good enough to get a higher seed than us.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's that defense that the Rams have to worry about, not the QB.
I have looked closely at the Viking D stats, the Rams D is better, and our O practices against them!!!

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Well, I still say Sammy boy will resurrect somehwere, just like Jim Plunkett did....and some team with a great D, good O line and decent WRs will ride him to the superbowl.

You are allowed to laugh---I get it. He aint giving up yet. Put yo money where yo mouth is....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-is-ready-but-case-keenum-will-start-sunday/

Zimmer: Teddy Bridgewater is ready, but Case Keenum will start Sunday
Posted by Mike Florio on November 8, 2017

503296988-e1510162889496.jpg

Getty Images

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer has confirmed something that has been known from the moment quarterback Teddy Bridgewater received clearance to practice three weeks ago: He’s ready to play.

Zimmer made the proclamation to reporters on Wednesday, the same day the Vikings moved Bridgewater to the active roster. However, Zimmer also said Case Keenum will start on Sunday. Bridgewater will dress and serve as the backup.

The next question becomes whether Bridgewater will supplant Keenum, and if so when. Keenum is 4-2 as a starter, but he picked up another win against the Bears after Sam Bradford exited late in the first half. However, the schedule is about to get a lot tougher for Minnesota.

Keenum has bested the likes of Brett Hundley, Mitchell Trubisky, DeShone Kizer, Jameis Winston, and Joe Flacco. Coming up are games against Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, and Cam Newton. At some point, the Vikings likely need Bridgewater, if they hope to hold off the Lions and win the NFC North.

Complicating matters is the fact that Bridgewater has never played for offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur. Instead, Bridgewater spend two years and the preparations for a third working with Norv Turner.

Currently, Vikings have a two-game lead over Detroit. But Detroit has beaten the Vikings in Minnesota; if the Lions can complete the sweep in 15 days, they’ll need to pick up only one more game to force a tie and, in turn, capture the crown.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Incredible that scrappy Case Keenum is holding off a supposedly better QB like Bridgewater. Which makes me think the Vikes are not that confident in him. I haven't watched the 4-2 Keenum this year, but I still remember the Fisher guy that finally got replaced last year by Goff. Pressure Keenum, and he will cough the ball up at critical times.

I look forward to that game, as is Aaron Donald.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
why not clean up Bradford's knee 2 months ago as insurance if Teddy wasn't able to return?

Not sure, I agree because I think it was quite obvious that Bradford had major issues and even if you did not have confidence in Keenum, Bradford was not coming back.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Case Keenum revenge game then it is....Fisher ALMOST ruined his career...I apologize for ever thinking that was all you Case.....

What the hell is wrong with Sam's KNEES!!!! Dude, they built a team around his ass.....and he still can't get out there...Namath...Jones....hell a bunch of QB's from the 70's are laughing at his ass....Get out there...go to the playoffs...and see if they can win.

Seems like the competition is fallin like flies.....Minn. is a damn fine defensive team....had a really nice rookie back. and 2 nice wrs....and a pretty good o-line.