Videos From today's Rookie Mini Camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Did someone take a snap of McVay's ass at 3:40? WTH Lady! Wait until afterwards!

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
These guys all seem really sharp at the podium. We've tried the freak athlete thing with mixed to poor results. I like bringing in smart and technical guys that HAVE to figure out the mental side of things for their game to work. It's what's upstairs that makes all the difference IMO.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
These guys all seem really sharp at the podium. We've tried the freak athlete thing with mixed to poor results. I like bringing in smart and technical guys that HAVE to figure out the mental side of things for their game to work. It's what's upstairs that makes all the difference IMO.
I agree. It's nice to hear some guys that can listen to a question and provide a thoughtful response. I have to say even though T.J. McDonald was probably the sharpest interviewee the Rams have had recently and he didn't pan out, I still think there is some correlation between communication skills and the ability to understand coaching.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Kupp looking great donning #18!
201705121537562789615-p2.vresize.480.270.high.0.jpeg

1972_Broncos-Rams_Gabriel.jpg

TexasRam

Legend
Mcvay is a sharp guy. Such a clear bright thinker. So positive at this stage.

1. Mcvay will be an excellent analyst when his coaching days are done.. if he wants to do that. He could even be a GM if he wanted. Guess it runs in the blood.

2. It will be interesting to see his demeanor if/when the team loses bad or when he realizes they are not finishing above .500. Hoping we never see a losing season. But don't expect playoffs in year 1 either. I wonder if the upbeat attitude turns sour in the vain of John Gruden or what his irritated state looks like.

It sure is all roses right now.

Enjoy the honeymoon while you can bro. Soon that bride is gonna get fat and depressed. Your gonna have crying snotty kids running around and you will be blamed for not meeting expectations. Leading to the organization divorcing your ass before you knew what happened.

Or just maybe you will lead the team to a Super Bowl and a dynasty and ride off into the sunset preserving your positive attitude into retirement.

No pressure kid.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
Smart sounding players that can't wait to compete. They really like playing football. Like that McVay is not pigeon holing WRs to certain routes. Defenses can't squat on routes as he stated. I like to see Kupp and Reynolds stand next to each other. Reynolds looks bigger than 193 Lbs. I like to see him get close to 205 Lbs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
McVay's note about the wideouts needing to run a varied tree in order to prevent defenses squatting on tendencies...

THANK YOU JESUS.

The change from Fisher's Follies to this staff is absolutely enormous. It is going to be night and day man. Can't wait to see it in action.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
They have their names taped to their helmets. That's like freshman year of high school. :rolllaugh:

Thanks for posting the clips! I second that it would have been nice to see more than 51 seconds of these guys.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Weird they have John Johnson taking reps at strong safety. He's played mostly free.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Weird they have John Johnson taking reps at strong safety. He's played mostly free.
I think it has more to do with who is in this rookie camp. Could be that right now he is the only one with the experience? Or maybe today they will switch him with someone else? Right now, nothing is set in stone as to where they will actually play. Alexander is going to be our SS when the season begins and Joyner as the FS as of now. Johnson does fit the mold and the experience at FS/CB. I would expect that will continue as the TC unfolds.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I like bringing in smart and technical guys that HAVE to figure out the mental side of things for their game to work. It's what's upstairs that makes all the difference IMO.
Jeff Fisher (Be all brawn and no brains) draft philosophy vs Sean McVay draft philosophy (Brain over brawn)