Vic Carucci's Take Five: Bills must get physical with Rams immediately

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Teams are fairly similar.
Should be a fun game.

I wish or cb's weren't terrible.
Your absolutely right Dodgersrf, maybe we should Bench our corners and only use a bunch of Safeties in this game!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I did see a stat stating when I team wins by a shut-out they lose the next week.
I hope this is True in the case of the Buffalo Bills! But didn't the Rams have Back-to-Back Shut-Outs last year or the year before last!?! :DOakland and some other Team!?!:cautious: ( Or is that just my faulty memory!?!):confused:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Weak secondary . I was done reading after that Can't wait to beat these guys. It won't be easy but I hope they are thinking like this writer is
It wouldn't be the first time the Ryan Brothers had their Big over-confident Ass's/ego's kicked!
I wonder If Rob holds a grudge for not getting the Job with the Rams when we where in St. Louis!?!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
First off I don't expect the Rams to line up cover 2 very much, unless they get a big lead early. So they're gonna cover 1 for the most part and stack the box and blow that running game the F up.

Translation that I expect is the Bills might hit a long pass or two, but they're also gonna 3 and out a lot as long as the Rams stuff that run game. It's all about that run game in this one for our defense. Stuff it and all of a sudden Buffalo is left with a QB that doesn't like being a pocket passer and he's missing his top target in Watkins.

Offensively for us Rex is tough to figure. I think he sells out on statistics, personally. We're gonna see run blitzes early, with him counting on Boras to run right into the teeth of it and lose downs. So if Rob's smart he'll queue up a nice play action strike to start the game and put Rexy on his heels right out the gate.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What have you seen from the Rams d that makes you think this will happen?

It's the matchup. Look at their WR depth chart without Watkins, and match them up against Tru & Gaines, with Joyner in the slot.

Watch their QB play, he's not good in a pocket that is being crushed like the Rams do to Wilson. Meanwhile this defense has demonstrated an ability to contain rushing QBs by forcing them to perform in the pocket. I think they can handle this guy PROVIDED they stuff that run game.

I'm still traumatized by what McCoy did to our defense with Dallas. Seriously. And I have to think the defense is going to be all over preventing that. If not, Buffalo will win this game because I don't expect our offense to have a big day.

My expectation is a statement game by this defense and a win in a tight defensive battle.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's the matchup. Look at their WR depth chart without Watkins, and match them up against Tru & Gaines, with Joyner in the slot.

Watch their QB play, he's not good in a pocket that is being crushed like the Rams do to Wilson. Meanwhile this defense has demonstrated an ability to contain rushing QBs by forcing them to perform in the pocket. I think they can handle this guy PROVIDED they stuff that run game.

I'm still traumatized by what McCoy did to our defense with Dallas. Seriously. And I have to think the defense is going to be all over preventing that. If not, Buffalo will win this game because I don't expect our offense to have a big day.

My expectation is a statement game by this defense and a win in a tight defensive battle.

I think you're confusing demarco Murray with mccoy. Or the cowboys with the eagles. Did mccoy run all over the Rams in 2014?

I would like nothing more than seeing the Rams d force some 3 and outs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you're confusing demarco Murray with mccoy. Or the cowboys with the eagles. Did mccoy run all over the Rams in 2014?

I would like nothing more than seeing the Rams d force some 3 and outs.

Dammit. Yes I am.

But the fact remains their run game is significant and our run defense has not been consistent to date this season. This is the type of game where that will catch up to us if they don't play the run better, because I'll be surprised if the passing game goes well for us. I expect a slugfest.