Vent Thread: Rams vs. Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least Goff got to play.

Thing is, they treated Goff the same way they treated Keenum. Why draft the kid? Hopefully it was just for his first start? open up the passing game.

Fisher has to know he's gone now. Has to.

This was the worst loss of the Fisher era.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Didnt Dak lose his first game as well ?
Yes...by one point...they were driving for the game winning fg when a wr failed to get out of bounds around mid field...would have been a very long fg try, but they have a pretty good kicker.

O-Line...built better (higher draft picks, 3 first rounders)...been together longer..but I say our unit is fine at pass pro...

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes...by one point...they were driving for the game winning fg when a wr failed to get out of bounds around mid field...would have been a very long fg try, but they have a pretty good kicker.

O-Line...built better (higher draft picks, 3 first rounders)...been together longer..but I say our unit is fine at pass pro...
A loss of a loss ;) ... doesn't say that in the W-L record ... no argument about the cowboys online being built better ... but the boys run game take a lot of the pressure of Dak ...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My apologies... I did not read all of this thread so if someone already covered this, sorry.

I knew we were in trouble when Fisher did the turned baseball cap thing.

Not a good look, Jeff!
:LOL:

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Rams don't have the OL and the horses on offense to score points regardless of who's at QB.

Seeing the Redskins scoring at will against the Packers, I am jealous.

Too bad the Rams Defense hard work ended up for naught.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Tired of being right.

Soon as I heard Goff was starting, I was like, "so what? Fisher's still the HC, Boras is still the OC and we still have this schematically broken offense and an undisciplined team, offensively and defensively"

At this point, I'm pretty sure I could go through the rest of the season and get pretty close to how we do each game. The predictability of this team is gut wrenching. Even the few we win are gonna give us a feeling more like when you narrowly miss getting into a bad accident...that feeling of relief...than the exaltation of WINNING!

I'd love to at some point come here and say, "hey guys, let's be realistic".... And the Rams come out and just blow up all that realism with outstanding execution, innovative play and synergistic teamwork. So much so that it blows away my realism as if they were shredding on an actual Axe guitar while riding a T-Rex while that's riding a shark with freakin' lasers attached.

d2796a288ef630dbcd047861fcba8c78.jpg

Instead, it looks like they're showing up to the stadium like this...

yugo_ad.jpg

yeah...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not impressed with Goff....Yeah 1st game...yeah rookie...yeah play calling sux...not impressed. Small hands and all...A little early...but Dak Prescott makes Goff look like an udfa...

Haha. Dak can "win" rookie year. Goff is going to be a great one. You really have three options:
1. Continue looking in the rear view mirror;
2. Become a Cowboys fan; or
3. Sit back, enjoy watching Goff's development, and relax knowing that better days are ahead.

Your choice. (y)

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
My favorite play was the 5 yard pass call over the middle to force use of their last timeout immediately. I mean, ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS???

Boras should have dialed up a nice intermediate shot right there to put them around the Dolphins' 25 yard line. And put that over the middle, sure, and call the timeout right after. But 5 yards?

You cannot perform in the 2 minute drill by throwing constant within-10-yard routes. You can't. How does Fish and Boras not know this? Seriously man, I know they know more about the game than we do, but how do they not have the feel to know that?

F this coaching staff man. I feel terrible for the players on this team who have talent and heart. They're being straight up abused.
I was going to post
My favorite play was the 5 yard pass call over the middle to force use of their last timeout immediately. I mean, ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS???

Boras should have dialed up a nice intermediate shot right there to put them around the Dolphins' 25 yard line. And put that over the middle, sure, and call the timeout right after. But 5 yards?

You cannot perform in the 2 minute drill by throwing constant within-10-yard routes. You can't. How does Fish and Boras not know this? Seriously man, I know they know more about the game than we do, but how do they not have the feel to know that?

F this coaching staff man. I feel terrible for the players on this team who have talent and heart. They're being straight up abused.
Exactly. throwing the ball away would have been a better use of the play. after that the DBs just played everything wide and was on our receivers like wet shirts. Goff had nowhere to throw.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@LACHAMP46

This also might make you feel a bit better. First career starts of some recent or notable QBs:
Goff
17/31
54.8%
134 passing yards
4.3 YPA
0 TDs
0 Ints
65.8 QB Rating

Stafford
16/37
43.2%
205 passing yards
5.5 YPA
0 TDs
3 Ints
27.4 QB Rating

Tannehill
20/36
55.6%
219 passing yards
6.1 YPA
0 TDs
3 Ints
39.0 QB Rating

Luck
23/45
51.1%
309 passing yards
1 TD
3 Ints
52.9 QB Rating

Bradford
32/55
58.2%
253 passing yards
4.6 YPA
1 TD
3 Ints
53.1 QB Rating

Cutler
10/21
47.6%
143 passing yards
6.8 YPA
2 TDs
2 Ints
62.3 QB Rating

R. Wilson
18/34
52.9%
153 passing yards
4.5 YPA
1 TD
1 Int
62.5 QB Rating

Flacco
15/29
51.7%
129 passing yards
4.5 YPA
0 TDs
0 Ints
63.7 QB Rating

Winston
16/33
48.5%
210 passing yards
6.4 YPA
2 TDs
2 Ints
64.0 QB Rating

Prescott
25/45
55.6%
227 passing yards
5.0 YPA
0 TDs
0 Ints
69.4 QB Rating

P. Manning
21/37
56.8%
302 passing yards
8.2 YPA
1 TD
3 Ints
58.6 QB Rating

E. Manning
17/37
46.0%
162 passing yards
4.4 YPA
1 TD
2 Ints
45.1 QB Rating

McNabb
8/21
38.1%
60 passing yards
2.9 YPA
0 TDs
0 Ints
46.3 QB Rating

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This also might make you feel a bit better. First career starts of some recent or notable QBs:
The only one I remember on the list that started in the middle of a season was Eli Manning...And the best thing, I guess, is the care he took...to not throw an int...Hell, I woulda been fine with a few int's if he at least threw the ball downfield.;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only one I remember on the list that started in the middle of a season was Eli Manning...And the best thing, I guess, is the care he took...to not throw an int...Hell, I woulda been fine with a few int's if he at least threw the ball downfield.;)

It doesn't really matter when you start as a rookie. You're still a rookie starting your first game. McNabb also started late in the season, as did Cutler.

The gameplan seemed to be for him to not throw it down the field. Considering the rain and it being his first start, it's understandable. Dallas did the same thing with Prescott. Seattle did the same thing with Russell Wilson.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The gameplan seemed to be for him to not throw it down the field. Considering the rain and it being his first start, it's understandable.
Why? What does the rain have to do with anything? Didn't we test his ability to throw a wet ball during his private workout? Up by 10...in the 3rd quarter...why not try to put them away? Loosen up the box...the coverages...I mean, they played the SAME WAY everyone else does...take away the run...crowd the short stuff...and we don't take a couple of play-action shots on first down. wtf?!?:huh:

Playing to lose...I can't stand it...if that's the gameplan....:seizure:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why? What does the rain have to do with anything? Didn't we test his ability to throw a wet ball during his private workout? Up by 10...in the 3rd quarter...why not try to put them away? Loosen up the box...the coverages...I mean, they played the SAME WAY everyone else does...take away the run...crowd the short stuff...and we don't take a couple of play-action shots on first down. wtf?!?:huh:

Playing to lose...I can't stand it...if that's the gameplan....:seizure:

Coaches play more conservatively with veteran QBs in adverse conditions. Why would you expect it to not happen with a rookie QB in his first start?

Playing not to lose? Isn't that our gameplan pretty much every week?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
When Fisher named Goff starter earlier this week and said the playbook would stay the same and maybe even expand it, I thought for sure we would see some plays they had been working on for nine weeks that fit Goff skill set.
Nothing. No innovation. You'd think they'd at least work on a couple of plays to surprise the Dolphins and excite the Fan base.

Nine friggin weeks to come up with a couple new plays that Goff could do and Keenum couldn't for Goff's debut.

Fisher and Boras blew a unique opportunity. Might as well have just played Keenum with the game plan they used against the Phins.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Had to extend the 24 hour rule to 48 hours because I was so pissed about that final 5 minutes.

I'll say it again. I suspect that Donald and Tree are trying to compensate for O ineptitude by making occasional borderline plays. Overcompensating efforts by team captains, really. They're frustrated, man. And who could blame them? They're playing their hearts out and the O keeps laying egg after egg.

BTW, both penalties were a little on the iffy side. Both 15 yarders that sustained critical Dolphin drives. But I digress.

Many might now get their wish about Saffold moving over to replace GRob. Fisher hinted as much in his presser. Geez, I'm for any move that helps this O, Gurley, and Goff.

I tried to keep my expectations for Goff in bounds. Liked his poise, recognition of that blitz, pocket awareness, throwing the ball away when nothing's there, etc. But I've gotta admit, I really expected much better accuracy. MUCH better. That part troubles me.

I understand that he has to follow the conservative gameplan. That was on Fisher/Boras. But the inaccuacy on throw after throw of 10 yards or less kinda took some wind out of my sails.

Yeah, Quinn is now just a shadow of his former self. Still a good DE, I think. But no longer an All Pro. Good thing that this draft is considered deep at the DE position.

Something's not quite "right" with Gurley. Don't know what it is, Weight, health, vision, confidence? Starting to see occasional flashes, but still... I just dunno.

Easley was a good signing.

Don't know about y'all, but that Tavon extension is still irritating the hell outta me. And the irritation gets more severe each week while watching him play. I think it was a mistake rivaling the Finnegan and Cook fubars, TBH. And I see Fisher's fingerprints all over all three signings. Further evidence that a HC should not have final say on personnel matters. GM's should be GM's and coaches should coach, dammit!

More Cooper, please. Prefer him to "Mr sideways" Tavon on both PR and as a WR.

Too bad about Forrest. Was the one rookie that exceeded expectations. Pretty sure that he'll be back, though, and better than ever.

Yeah, Mo is easy to root for. Joyner is growing on me, too. Pound for pound, might be the 2 best hitters on that D.

Marquez just keeps showing up on ST. He was positioned to down the ball on the 2 yard line a couple of times but the ball never got there. He can stay. Lol.

Not gonna fault GZ for missing a 48 yarder on a wet field in the rain. Nope. But those 3 points and the presumed better field position for the Rams after the kickoff sure woulda been nice. Sigh...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm all for GRob getting moved inside. Not because he's not playing well, but because he's being over scrutinized by officials. Inside he can hide a little bit,

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Had to extend the 24 hour rule to 48 hours because I was so pissed about that final 5 minutes.

I'll say it again. I suspect that Donald and Tree are trying to compensate for O ineptitude by making occasional borderline plays. Overcompensating efforts by team captains, really. They're frustrated, man. And who could blame them? They're playing their hearts out and the O keeps laying egg after egg.

I think a 10 point lead is pretty good with 6 minutes left. The D let us down after playing 54 minutes of outstanding football. Everyone wants to rag on the offense who was starting a rookie QB for the first time with rain pouring down. They could have done more yes. Still waiting to see how these last 6 games play out.

HellRam

Starter
Good post... which is pretty usual for you. I also agree fans are underestimating the effect of those bad calls by the officials. Especially the Donald call. Crap like that sure isn't helping bring more viewers to the NFL.

Goffs accuracy strength's are his intermediate passes. The Rams would be smart to start dailing up more plays that suite Goffs strength. We'll see what happens with that.

fearsomefour

Legend
That is a makable kick with ease. GZ only misses the kicks that matter.
Really don't like moving Grob at this point.
They have tried this song and dance before. He either isent good enough at this point (although has had two solid games in a row) or can't be coached. The fact they would consider it now, if they are, after two solid game just goes to show the O coaches will always make the wrong choices with this team.
Moving the same parts around has not worked and I don't think will work with Grob.
As my father said to me when I tried to run the point in basketball, "As a point guard, boy, you could mess up a wet dream."
Know your limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.