VENT Vent Thread - Rams/Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldnotdead

Legend
It happens if you get rid of a huge chunk of the team and replace them with late round draft picks and bargain bin free agents. Are depth behind Stafford was always thin as hell. Why everyone is super surprised by us not being good this year is beyond me, but here we are. I would have been surprised if we made the playoffs to be honest with you.

Hmmm Avila, Dotson, Witherspoon, Freeman, Young, Turner, Nacua, E. Evans are bargain basement replacements? Freeman alone is better than Akers, who BTW tore the same Achilles again. At some point the roster needed a reset and this is the year. You can't do it incrementally without dragging out the pain over multiple years.

Stop and look at why their record is what it was. One game was lost because McVay was complacent about his QB2 situation and left it to his assistants who didn't vet their choice. Do you think if Bennett had not fallen off his wagon and played they would have lost to the Steelers? I don't, because Bennett has the arm to hit the receivers that were open, i.e. both Atwell and Kupp were open for huge chunk or TD yardage. Rypien didn't have the arm to make the passes that Sean dialed up. Why didn't he know that?

Look at Atwell's TD being reversed by an obvious NY cheat. That 4 point differential was the difference in winning and losing. McVay's indifference to his PK situation caused him to get lazy and not even draft a PK but sign a vet cut because he chokes under pressure. So what happens is he costs the Rams a game. Let's not forget the obvious referee cheat when they allowed a first down when it clearly wasn't made against the Rams.

Right there are 3 maybe 4 wins. What would be your narrative if the Rams were 6-2? IMO 5-3 would be realistic making them tied for the division lead. How valid would your narrative be?

McVay says he's recommitted to the game but his actions say otherwise. His weekly coaching is clearly deteriorating as shown by his obvious issues in game planning and play calls. It's really simply workplace burnout. As a business owner for 33 years, I've seen it a whole lot so I can see it clearly in Sean. I saw it in myself and why I walked away from my businesses. I think McVay is one of the greatest coaches in the modern NFL era. But all good things come to an end and unless Sean can rededicate himself totally then he needs to walk away for his own good and the good of the team.

I have no doubt that the narrative of this season would be completely different had the original classic McVay been running the team. This team would be a playoff contender despite it's roster warts. But with only an 80% Sean McVay he's no better than simply a decent HC. Kroenke is a businessman and from that perspective the signs of burnout are unmistakable. Does he have the fortitude to pull the trigger himself? After all, ultimately it's his decision.

It wouldn't surprise me if Kroenke "promoted" Sean into an assistant GM position and hired a new HC. I think Sean and Les work really well together and the GM job is where I think Sean could be headed to. It keeps Sean on the team until he really decides where his heart and head is at and allows the Rams to move on. With the changes looming in 2025 and the likelihood of a new young QB coming on board a change in HC if it's going to happen next year would be when to do it.

One year with Snead as an assistant GM and McVay would be in huge demand for a GM job in 2025. People will simply look at the impact of Holmes in Detroit and want their team to be the next Detroit with McVay. It's a way to ease Sean out the door without firing him. The media options will still be open to him in 2025 as well.

IMO once burnout happens to someone, there is no real way to come back from it. When Sean talked about recommitting himself I shook my head and gave him 3 years max. The mere fact that McVay used the word recommitting is all I needed to hear to confirm what I was seeing. Once the commitment is gone it's gone.

For his own good and the good of the Rams, it's time for Sean to move on.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
OK but are you surprised?

Given the off-season moves and roster decisions, what Management said throughout the process, the salary cap situation, the current roster talent and how the Rams have handled in-season moves, were your expectations high?
Well, after Seattle folded - I thought we had a chance at a better season...
We are actually getting the outcome I thought it might be, before the season started.
Surprised? Probably not.
Disappointed? Majorly.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Well, after Seattle folded - I thought we had a chance at a better season...
We are actually getting the outcome I thought it might be, before the season started.
Surprised? Probably not.
Disappointed? Majorly.
Pretty much agree across-the-board.

Status
Not open for further replies.