V.2. X3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Sorry but I'm really blown away by this draft.

Tutu Atwell: McVay wanted this particular guy badly. They got him and now their signing of DeSean Jackson to mentor him now makes sense. McVay had Jackson in Washington and came to value his abilities. Tutu is super fast like Jackson was in his prime. It's why Sean wanted Cooks who became an integral part of his offensive scheme. He used Cooks the same way he used Jackson in Washington. Now with Tutu, he has that game-changing speed again and he has Jackson in the same position room to mentor him. McVay can't turn back the clock on Jackson but he can develop a young Atwell to be McVay's Jackson v.2.

Jacob Harris: As several articles point out that Harris' measurables are a match with Megatron's. McVay has Stafford so he went out and drafted Harris to create Megatron v.2.

Robert Rochell: Snead and McVay trade for the best CB in the NFL Jalen Ramsey. But they know they need two shutdown boundary CBs. So they quietly draft Rochell who has off-the-charts athleticism and with all the measurables. Put him in the same DB room as Ramsey and let him help polish this diamond in the rough. So in a couple of years, who knows they might have cloned Ramsey v.2.

when I step back and really deep dive into this draft it really it's really much better than most realize. In all honesty the only one of the three I knew anything about was Rochell. I knew about Harris but never really went beyond that. When I was in San Diego and watched the Rams draft Donald I knew then they had themselves a special player but he's far and away exceeded anything I could have imagined. So with that in mind, I looked at this draft and saw a bunch of potentially good players with Rochell as the standout. All the others looked like they had enough talent to develop into solid players at some point. But after Joudan's article, I have gone deeper and I'm amazed at what Snead and McVay and that whole organization have done. I'm very serious about these 3 players because I feel they drafted for particular traits based upon specific players they decided to "replicate". I think they might have just done that in this draft.

jjab360

Legend
I definitely think they swung for the fences with this draft. Three boom or bust players right there, we'll see how it turns out

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Interesting note about today's practice. Harris practicing with the one's instead of Hopkins (Higbee absent). Normally that should have been all Hopkins. They need to see what he can and can't do and establish some trust with Stafford. Bodes well for seeing spot snaps from Harris during the season if he looks good in TC and preseason.

Even if they don't reach those lofty goals, as a lot can happen in a career, they at least look to be able to become solid contributors to the team at some point.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Interesting note about today's practice. Harris practicing with the one's instead of Hopkins (Higbee absent). Normally that should have been all Hopkins. They need to see what he can and can't do and establish some trust with Stafford. Bodes well for seeing spot snaps from Harris during the season if he looks good in TC and preseason.

Even if they don't reach those lofty goals, as a lot can happen in a career, they at least look to be able to become solid contributors to the team at some point.
Sorry but I'm really blown away by this draft.

Tutu Atwell: McVay wanted this particular guy badly. They got him and now their signing of DeSean Jackson to mentor him now makes sense. McVay had Jackson in Washington and came to value his abilities. Tutu is super fast like Jackson was in his prime. It's why Sean wanted Cooks who became an integral part of his offensive scheme. He used Cooks the same way he used Jackson in Washington. Now with Tutu, he has that game-changing speed again and he has Jackson in the same position room to mentor him. McVay can't turn back the clock on Jackson but he can develop a young Atwell to be McVay's Jackson v.2.

Jacob Harris: As several articles point out that Harris' measurables are a match with Megatron's. McVay has Stafford so he went out and drafted Harris to create Megatron v.2.

Robert Rochell: Snead and McVay trade for the best CB in the NFL Jalen Ramsey. But they know they need two shutdown boundary CBs. So they quietly draft Rochell who has off-the-charts athleticism and with all the measurables. Put him in the same DB room as Ramsey and let him help polish this diamond in the rough. So in a couple of years, who knows they might have cloned Ramsey v.2.

when I step back and really deep dive into this draft it really it's really much better than most realize. In all honesty the only one of the three I knew anything about was Rochell. I knew about Harris but never really went beyond that. When I was in San Diego and watched the Rams draft Donald I knew then they had themselves a special player but he's far and away exceeded anything I could have imagined. So with that in mind, I looked at this draft and saw a bunch of potentially good players with Rochell as the standout. All the others looked like they had enough talent to develop into solid players at some point. But after Joudan's article, I have gone deeper and I'm amazed at what Snead and McVay and that whole organization have done. I'm very serious about these 3 players because I feel they drafted for particular traits based upon specific players they decided to "replicate". I think they might have just done that in this draft.

First off I’ll call BS.

Not really though. I just LOVE another Ram Rookie. I also wanted to hate a Rookie who is just a Physical player.

I don’t know but I know who my FAVORITE RAMS COACH is. That people have to figure out.Reporters don’t always see or tell you The Full Truth,just mainly what is said.It’s not always the full truth,it is what is reported.

I don’t know what thread this really is.The Bobby Evans reports about him not Playing well for Edwards is 100% BS. —Anyone can watch the replay & have an Opinion.My is look at Goff’s numbers.16-17 & Evans let a guy through for a Sack. Well maybe Big Whit did as well.Why is Jared Goff gone ? He has got to move & pass a WR open.
I don’t know , I’m crazy in my own way. There are players I watch & my mind changes.Then again a player develops or never works hard to get better.Sports is interesting.

SF Giants still in first place ? We can all pencil in who we want to.Team concepts are important.Sean Mcvay is a Heck of a Coach. I find Detroit an interesting team ? Goff with Lee, Staley with chargers.
Raheem Morris I didn’t notice.Mcvay LOVES his WR & DB thing.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Actually a buddy who is a Bears Fan & my girlfriend who has never experienced anything like today & was just a Practice. F—-k I meet my match!!! I mean I let the spark in that Bitch. We would have went Crazy
In The RAMS HOUSE. Dancing & going Crazy for 3 hours would have been easy. So much energy.
The players (39) Jake Gervase doesn’t like AC/DC !! Lol .

Truth is SOFI is AMAZING!! ANYTHING Less is a Disappointment. Jan. 9th SOFI stadium!! WTF .

Train I keep asking how long you’ve been an NFL Fan ??

I meet a RAMS Fan who has season tickets.He has a different IDEA of a RAMS Fan . I know I’ve always stayed True. I honestly don’t know what my own LIFE would be if The Rams stayed in St. Louis ?? I know I went in & felt like Crap because an Old Great walked in.I didn’t know who he was & didn’t ask.He just said he was a Real Old Ram.I wish I would have asked his NAME!! I feel real bad, but I’m not that guy that inner acts & felt ashamed to ask. It was like I should have known.
Going back though before that I this older guy than myself who he was.He didn’t know.Might have been a Fearsome Foursome? He was from the 70’s I believe. This guy who I waited with never accepted St.Louis.Never even watched a St.Louis Rams game.He didn’t know who this player was who I’m sure was a Ram Great.

Because of Covid I didn’t ask.Hard to shake someone’s hand or get close.Felt like an Azz. I will say I am in a lot of ways.When I usually have that moment to meet a person like that it would be with a thank you & respect. I was not able to do that.
—Father Time is a Killer & moves Faster than yourself.It’s hard to keep up.The Fact I didn’t know who he was was an experience he will remember.I just wish I was better than that.
(your) OG
Train-

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
"Hope is crunchy and tastes good with ketchup" ~ Elm
And ketchup is half sugar. Everything tastes good with it.:gig:
8BA88D37-B61C-42FD-A6B5-EB1BEB72E36C.jpeg

nighttrain

Legend
Train I keep asking how long you’ve been an NFL Fan ??
no one in my family was a football fan until me, i was a paperboy for the old Herald Examiner back in 1958, my boss took a bunch of us kids to my first NFL game (Rams), Dodger game and a Laker game, a really good person.

I started to follow the Rams cause of Jaguar Jon Arnett, who didn't live up to the expectations, but Dick Bass surpassed what he was forecasted to accomplish. (Arnett was drafted before Jim Brown, what a colossal miss.)

I have seen much, Bill Munson, Terry Baker, Frank Ryan, Roman Gabriel and many others wear the Horns, some much better equipped than others, and i am and always will be a fan.
Horns then
Horns now
Horns forever
sincerely
@nighttrain

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think McVay got tired of seeing his offense move the ball only to stall and have to punt or kick a field goal. He wants to see quicker scores. Long drives are nice but things tend to happen when its too long. Scoring quicker and getting the ball back to try and score again is the best way to keep the opposition back on their heels.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
no one in my family was a football fan until me, i was a paperboy for the old Herald Examiner back in 1958, my boss took a bunch of us kids to my first NFL game (Rams), Dodger game and a Laker game, a really good person.

I started to follow the Rams cause of Jaguar Jon Arnett, who didn't live up to the expectations, but Dick Bass surpassed what he was forecasted to accomplish. (Arnett was drafted before Jim Brown, what a colossal miss.)

I have seen much, Bill Munson, Terry Baker, Frank Ryan, Roman Gabriel and many others wear the Horns, some much better equipped than others, and i am and always will be a fan.
Horns then
Horns now
Horns forever
sincerely
@nighttrain

That’s awesome Train !! Good stuff

Respect!!

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler

Horns then
Horns now
Horns forever
sincerely
@nighttrain

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Train,
Heh I remember the 'ol Herald Examiner. Used to read it (sports section only TBH) all the time.
My faves were Doug Krikorian and Allan Malamud. Krikorian had a unique style and could get edgy at times. (He made tons of snide remarks about the Show girl and the rest of the Rams FO......heh, he used to call coach Robinson "Robocoach".
I always looked forward to Malamud's lists of the current state of the sports world which usually included a heap of stuff on the Rams.
Loved when Malamud would call his colleague, Son of Krikor.
Good memories!

~ArkyRamsFan~

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not really though. I just LOVE another Ram Rookie. I also wanted to hate a Rookie who is just a Physical player.
I don’t know but I know who my FAVORITE RAMS COACH is. That people have to figure out.Reporters don’t always see or tell you The Full Truth,just mainly what is said.It’s not always the full truth,it is what is reported.

I don’t know what thread this really is.The Bobby Evans reports about him not Playing well for Edwards is 100% BS. —Anyone can watch the replay & have an Opinion.My is look at Goff’s numbers.16-17 & Evans let a guy through for a Sack. Well maybe Big Whit did as well.Why is Jared Goff gone ? He has got to move & pass a WR open. I don’t know , I’m crazy in my own way. There are players I watch & my mind changes.Then again a player develops or never works hard to get better.Sports is interesting.

SF Giants still in first place ? We can all pencil in who we want to.Team concepts are important.Sean Mcvay is a Heck of a Coach. I find Detroit an interesting team ? Goff with Lee, Staley with chargers.
Raheem Morris I didn’t notice.Mcvay LOVES his WR & DB thing.

Where the hell did THAT come from!?!

nighttrain

Legend
Train,
Heh I remember the 'ol Herald Examiner. Used to read it (sports section only TBH) all the time.
My faves were Doug Krikorian and Allan Malamud. Krikorian had a unique style and could get edgy at times. (He made tons of snide remarks about the Show girl and the rest of the Rams FO......heh, he used to call coach Robinson "Robocoach".
I always looked forward to Malamud's lists of the current state of the sports world which usually included a heap of stuff on the Rams.
Loved when Malamud would call his colleague, Son of Krikor.
Good memories!

~ArkyRamsFan~
and there was Melvin Durslag, one of the greats
train

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
All I can say is I cannot wait to see our preseason games. Atwell, Harris, Funk... getting laser beams from The Wolf, oh my! Its going to be fun to watch