UDFA Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I just meant Coach ... .that it would open a "depth" spot on the roster for a LB. We have bigger needs there than at the RB spot. I mean .... FIVE RB's on the 53 man, yet only 5 LB's. If one of theses guys can do what CR does on teams, they will provide depth so we can be at least 2 deep at each LB spot .... and we are still 4 deep at RB.
I know what you are trying to say, but I disagree with the premise. When you get down that far on the 53 man roster, these guys aren't about "position", they are about contribution.

I can assure you, the Rams don't consider keeping a Chase Reynolds and slotting him as a RB. Much the same way that McQuaide isn't really a LB, which technically, he is listed as one. Whether or not they choose to keep a LB over a RB, or a CB, or a 5th Safety is irrelevant as long as they can justify their place on Special Teams.

Look back to recent past, the Rams had a player namce Dominique Curry, who made the team exclusivley as a ST player. Although he was listed as a WR, he was not going to make the roster because of his receiver skills. Much that same can be said with players like Reynolds, or Bates, and at this point, even a Mo Alexander. They will be forever buried on the depth chart as a positional player, but are key players on all of the ST's.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I know what you are trying to say, but I disagree with the premise. When you get down that far on the 53 man roster, these guys aren't about "position", they are about contribution.

I can assure you, the Rams don't consider keeping a Chase Reynolds and slotting him as a RB. Much the same way that McQuaide isn't really a LB, which technically, he is listed as one. Whether or not they choose to keep a LB over a RB, or a CB, or a 5th Safety is irrelevant as long as they can justify their place on Special Teams.

Look back to recent past, the Rams had a player namce Dominique Curry, who made the team exclusivley as a ST player. Although he was listed as a WR, he was not going to make the roster because of his receiver skills. Much that same can be said with players like Reynolds, or Bates, and at this point, even a Mo Alexander. They will be forever buried on the depth chart as a positional player, but are key players on all of the ST's.
Oh I know .. .but my premise was that IF they could supplant him ... it would mean 1) They beat him out and 2) they added depth. Now ... IF they CANNOT beat him out for his Teams spot, then as you say ... keep they guy who does his job well. May the best man win!! :)

Limey

Rookie

Thanks, Memphis. This is the UDFA that interests me the most. I love his intensity, his workout numbers look good (very strong with a good shuttle time) and he was voted team MVP. Being voted in the top 5 athletic freaks in the nation, ahead of McKinney and Todd Gurley is impressive as well.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Trap question: Do any of you prefer Wang, to our other snappers?

Limey

Rookie
Looks like he has played guard and centre. Another strong, heavy guy. Anyone seen him play?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Looks like he has played guard and centre. Another strong, heavy guy. Anyone seen him play?
I like it .... not wang mind you but .... i like the fact they brought in more YOUNG nd experienced OL to compete! You guys going to camp this year are going to love these battles!