Trouble Sleeping

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Was wondering if anyone here has any issues sleeping and what they have found to help.
Try tryptophan, it's a natural ingredient that is found in turkey, helps with naps after thanksgiving dinner, buy at any health food store
train

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kind of funny. I was listening to a local St.Louis radio morning show the other morning. And the host was talking about taking melatonin and how he struggled to get back to sleep once he woke up after 4-5 hours. (Same issue I've been having). He then said that he was told that it was a side effect of taking it. He said the day he stopped taking it, he slept amazing. Well, last night I did not take it and I slept like a fucking king. Only woke up twice and slept for 10 hours. I NEVER sleep more than 7.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was wondering if anyone here has any issues sleeping and what they have found to help.

Since I was a small boy I have had issues sleeping. I've always woke up several times throughout the night. I would say no less than five and all the way up to 15-20 times.

I also struggle to fall asleep in a timely manner. I will lay there for an hour easy just letting my mind wind down.

Then, I have issues where I may wake up at 2-3am and stay awake for an hour or two or maybe til morning.

In my early 20's I would drink a two pack of niquil a week or 10 days. It helped. Ive taken benadryl...four of them knocks me out...but both of them make me groggy in the morning.

Recently I've switched to VitaFusion extra strength Melatonin. I take 4 of them and I find that I'm asleep after about 10-15 minutes of laying down. I still wake up frequently, but easily fall back to sleep. And when I wake up, I'm not groggy.

I still want to find something that keeps me down all night. Was wondering what may have worked for some of you. I don't drink or smoke, so those aren't options lol.

i try reading through the NFL collective bargaining agreement. about 10 minutes later i'm log sawing at my desk.
honestly, go to bed when you are tired, not just because its "time" to go to bed or you want "X" hours of sleep (that thought there has deprived me of 1,000's of hours of pillowing sawing)>
if i go to bed and 15-20 minutes later i'm still laying there with pointless thoughts swimming in my brain liquid, i get back up and do something, obviously having made the mistake of thinking my day was over.
i've also purchased a memory foam pillow for neck comfort and a memory foam bed that's very comfortable. make your sleep area very comfortable to what you want and like. dim lighting (i hate ceiling lights), dark shades/curtains. due to grogginess i try to avoid pills at all costs unless i can afford to be asleep/useless for up to 12 hours.
maybe try to find something that doesnt irritate you (reading news about this messed up country, sports teams, etc. would be in that category. if you have insurance that covers chiropractor visits then maybe a trip there to loosen up tense neck and back muscles which used to be a huge issue for me will help you out.

TexasRam

Legend
Good to hear you got sleep jugs.
I am a light sleeper that easily wakes up but I sleep good nearly every night with the following:

1. Workout in the mornings shortly after waking up. Don’t excercise late in the day.

2. Use box fan for white noise.

3. Put a blanket at the bottom of door to block out noise.

4 Eat healthy. No alcohol, drugs or excessive caffeine or nicotine.

5. Stay on the same consistent sleep schedule always.

6. No naps.

7. Turn temp down to a very cold level. For me, 68 degrees.

8. Take a warm shower before bed.

That’s what works for me.

fearsomefour

Legend
When I was younger I would get insomnia where I would be up for a full day or two.
As I got older I had no trouble going to sleep but would wake up every couple of hours.
This has gone on for years.
Overall it has gotten better the last few years as I’ve gotten a more regular work schedule.
I used to take shots of tequila to help sleep....don’t recommend that, haha.
Part of my issue was working tons of hours.
Getting covid made me sleep 10-12 hours a night for about three weeks....usually it’s about 5 or 6 hours.