Tre Flowers is available

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Yeah I know he's got that Hawk taint on him, but with the injury to Darious Williams and the benching of David Long he might be worth a look.

At any rate it's my opinion that we should never be caught short when it comes to corners.
So what say ya'll?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don’t know if he’s actually available for the Rams.
Does he have to clear waivers?

I think a big corner with experience would be a great addition.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
No. We have Orr, Deayon, and can always fall back on Long Jr

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He has to clear waivers, so I’m skeptical the Rams will get a shot.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He has to clear waivers, so I’m skeptical the Rams will get a shot.
He does have to clear waivers but the other thing is it seems hes more of a safety in the eyes of their fans than a corner. The thought is like a lot of people Norton was misusing him. Or that he needs coaching to be a corner.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He does have to clear waivers but the other thing is it seems hes more of a safety in the eyes of their fans than a corner. The thought is like a lot of people Norton was misusing him. Or that he needs coaching to be a corner.
I’ll take a defensive back with his skills and size over what’s on the Rams PS.
I’d claim him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ll take a defensive back with his skills and size over what’s on the Rams PS.
I’d claim him.
I'm not saying no either :) I'm curious though what are the rules for claiming on waivers I'm pretty sure he'd have to be on the 53. Unless he clears waivers and we try to sign him to our PS. Possible I guess but I'd wager he gets claimed. Too many defense needy teams out there.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
As a waiver pick he currently carries a CAP which would require the Rams to make a salary/CAP adjustment somewhere else.
jmo.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Shoot! I forgot about that pesky waiver process. He's only 26 and is 6'3" tall so I gotta believe somebody will claim him. Hey how about the 0 - 5 Detroit Lions?
That way they can have both of the Tre Flowers in the NFL on the team and it'll give 'em something to talk about besides their record.
Just a thought.....

~ArkyRamsFan~

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not sure how much of an upgrade we would be looking at there but that’s just me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As a waiver pick he currently carries a CAP which would require the Rams to make a salary/CAP adjustment somewhere else.
jmo.
Yes a base pay of just over $2 million, we'd be on the hook for the remainder would would eat up what little cap we have but if we cut a guy at the bottom of the 53 that would compensate some of that so we wouldn't eat the full remainder of his hit.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Tre Flowers was drafted in 2018 so I'd say he definitely would need to clear waivers. He had 47 tackles and 3 ints in 2020. He's a converted Safety. I recall reading on the Athletic that he was one of the Seattle players pointing fingers at the coaches for a bad defensive scheme.

It sounds like:
He was a square peg in a round hole.
He didn't mind throwing blame around
Is more of a Strong Safety than a slot corner.

Im sure Snead has consulted hos pro personnel ppl to see if they thought that he could for in LA and perform .

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The guy I’d like to see them target is Marcus Maye. The Jets don’t seem to be close to signing him. He likely electsfree agency next year but if he became available for a third I’d consider.

One thing I am not sure of is if he’d be able to convert eaily to the Rams scheme quickly.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Tre is turrible... Even stuck in ShitHawks land the fan base even hates him

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah he's another box safety who can't cover. He's good vs the run but I don't see how he would help us we already have good box types in our safety room.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
If we want a cheap decent Veteran DB. I don't see why the Rams don't go for Darqueze Dennard. Has started for the Bengala, has experience, and could come cheaply

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Unless we have more injuries to the secondary, I think the Rams roll with who they got.