Transformers: Dark of the Moon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

amendonut

UDFA
Name
Jacob
Memento said:
amendonut said:
2 words. Boondock. Saints.

The first movie? Maybe. The second one? Hell no. I absolutely hated it.

Anyway, my dad wants to see Zookeeper, since Kevin James visited the St. Louis Zoo (widely regarded as the best free zoo in the United States and one of the best around the world). I'll give a review when I finish watching it.
Ya sequels are almost never as good at the 1st. Unless ur talking about Star Wars 2 3 4 5 6 7.......

So tell us about zookeeper. I like KJ and all but that movie didn't seem like something I'd want to see.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
amendonut said:
Memento said:
amendonut said:

Anyway, my dad wants to see Zookeeper, since Kevin James visited the St. Louis Zoo (widely regarded as the best free zoo in the United States and one of the best around the world). I'll give a review when I finish watching it.
Ya sequels are almost never as good at the 1st. Unless ur talking about Star Wars 2 3 4 5 6 7.......

So tell us about zookeeper. I like KJ and all but that movie didn't seem like something I'd want to see.

I'm disappointed in Zookeeper. Didn't see it, but judging from the trailers it looks like another stupid romantic dating movie...w/ talkin animals thrown in that support the loser that can't get a girl.

I thought it was gonna be somethin wrong w/ the zoo or more about the animals.

Although that cute blonde chick from Iron Man (the reporter) is in it. :lol:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Memento said:
amendonut said:

I was a huge fan of Boondock Saints. The 1st one was awesome, and I hated how it took so long to come out with a 2nd one. I liked how they were able to keep most of the cast together, but the 2nd one was disappointing. For me, the 1st one was so good that there was no way I would enjoy the 2nd one as much lol.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Got to see Transformers on the 4th. Loved it. The chick that replaced Megan Fox was pretty damn hot and I liked her accent lol.

Angry Ram

JdashSTL said:
Got to see Transformers on the 4th. Loved it. The chick that replaced Megan Fox was pretty damn hot and I liked her accent lol.

You're supposed to look at the ROBOTS!!!! :wahhh:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I watched Transformers yesterday. Here's my review (spoiler alert):

Boring plot with many cliches (I knew Ironhide would get killed off, since he had a minor role in the previous movie, and I definitely saw Sentinel Prime and Dylan turning traitor from a mile away), and I couldn't really get into any of the characters (out of all the robots, Shockwave was easily the coolest, and even he was a cliche baddie with no personality), with the exceptions of the military who fought in Chicago. The main chick was hot as hell, but she was nothing more than the damsel in distress, and it really irked me to see that. Sam was his usual self - boring, whiny, and constantly screaming for help. I found it unbelievable that Megatron, the robot who hates humans with a passion and considers them to be on the same level as houseflies, not only didn't kill Carly, but listened to her about Sentinel as well. Great special effects, except when the people got vaporized (why the fuck were their clothes still intact when they only kept their skulls and a few bones?). The action had a good pace from the last part of the beginning all the way to the end.

(End of spoilers)

If you want a good action movie with a lot of destruction, Transformers is for you. If you want a movie with a plot and characters you like, look elsewhere.

Just my two cents.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cool. Thanks for the review, Mem. I still haven't seen it yet, but I don't think the spoiler is going to ruin it for me. I'm likely just going to want to see a lot of explosions, some gratuitous hotties, and a nice pace of action. Sounds like this will be right in my wheel-house.

Angry Ram

Memento said:
I watched Transformers yesterday. Here's my review (spoiler alert):

Boring plot with many cliches (I knew Ironhide would get killed off, since he had a minor role in the previous movie, and I definitely saw Sentinel Prime and Dylan turning traitor from a mile away), and I couldn't really get into any of the characters (out of all the robots, Shockwave was easily the coolest, and even he was a cliche baddie with no personality), with the exceptions of the military who fought in Chicago. The main chick was hot as hell, but she was nothing more than the damsel in distress, and it really irked me to see that. Sam was his usual self - boring, whiny, and constantly screaming for help. I found it unbelievable that Megatron, the robot who hates humans with a passion and considers them to be on the same level as houseflies, not only didn't kill Carly, but listened to her about Sentinel as well. Great special effects, except when the people got vaporized (why the freak were their clothes still intact when they only kept their skulls and a few bones?). The action had a good pace from the last part of the beginning all the way to the end.

(End of spoilers)

If you want a good action movie with a lot of destruction, Transformers is for you. If you want a movie with a plot and characters you like, look elsewhere.

Just my two cents.

Actually, I thought all the 'bots and 'cons had more personality than both previous films. Like Laserbeak. How badass was it, spyin and killin ppl? Or Soundwave. Even tho he was a freakin car, he still was an expert spy, and featured a lot more than the 2nd film.

Or my fav. scene, the highway chase vs. the Dreads. The Ironhide/Sideswipe tag team match was badass. I was bummed when Ironhide died, he was my fav. Autobot. The Wreckers were also cool, but I wish they had more screentime. Especially Roadbuster, laddie. :sly:

I agree I could see Sentinel Prime goin rogue, but I disagree on the Megatron/Carly thing. Megatron had half his brain blown up, depressed, and just deranged. Basically he was just...a shell of himself. Like a certain QB we all know.

But I was very disappointed in the use of Shockwave. The way the trailers had it, I thought he was gonna be the main villian, w/ Optimus and Megatron tag teamin to defeat him. I was wrong.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
One thing that kinda disappointed me was the fact that they had the decepticons take over Chicago. They kinda picked a random city. I would have loved to see autobot battles in NY and you could have them destroy Madison Square Garden and Yankee Stadium, but then I had a discussion with a friend about it and we realized that plenty of movies have destruction in Los Angeles or NYC, how often has it happened in Chicago? I think thats why they chose that city.

What happened with Megatron and Sentinel was ok for me. Megatron was the leader of the decepticons and once Sentinel showed up that all changed and I immediately knew they were gonna power struggle storyline.

Overall, not many complaints for all 3 movies, but the only thing that still irks me a bit is the battle between The Fallen and Optimus wasnt very good in the 2nd one. I thought they made The Fallen look like a badass throughout that movie but they made him look too weak after Optimus came back to life and the fight scene could have been better.

Angry Ram

Yeah the 2nd one was the worst of the 3. It was more about the humans in Egypt adventure than the actual Transformers. It was just...hey, we have to find this Matrix...let's go on a trip in our Camaro! W/ some random robots thrown in. The last overall battle was cool, tho.