Trade value of every Rams pick in the 2019 NFL draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/12/nfl-draft-trade-value-chart-rams-picks-2019/
Trade value of every Rams pick in the 2019 NFL draft
By: Cameron DaSilva | April 12, 2019

Les Snead has never been shy about making trades before, during or after the draft, doing so regularly since he took over as general manager in 2012. The Los Angeles Rams hold the 31st overall pick in the draft – the first time they’ll pick in the first round since 2016 – but don’t be surprised if Snead trades out of the selection and down into the second round.

If the Rams do make a deal with someone in Round 2, it’s important to know the value of each pick in the draft. Former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson came up with a trade value chart years ago, which is still used today.

Les Snead has never been shy about making trades before, during or after the draft, doing so regularly since he took over as general manager in 2012. The Los Angeles Rams hold the 31st overall pick in the draft – the first time they’ll pick in the first round since 2016 – but don’t be surprised if Snead trades out of the selection and down into the second round.

If the Rams do make a deal with someone in Round 2, it’s important to know the value of each pick in the draft. Former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson came up with a trade value chart years ago, which is still used today.

And here are the values of every Rams pick in the draft.

• 1st round (31): 600 points
    • 3rd round (94): 124 points
    • 3rd round (99): 104 points
    • 4th round (133): 39 points
    • 5th round (169): 23.4 points
    • 6th round (203): 9.8 points
    • 7th round (251): 1 point
The Rams are unlikely to trade up from No. 31 this year, considering they don’t have a second-round pick. But if a player they covet begins to slip, Snead could pick up the phone and make some calls. Here are a few reasonable trades the Rams could make to move forward in Round 1.
Rams receive: No. 27 from OAK
Raiders receive: No. 31, 133 (4th), 169 (5th) and 2020 5th-round pick
Rams receive: No. 26 from IND
Colts receive: No. 31 and 99 (3rd)
Rams receive: No. 23 from HOU
Texans receive: No. 31, 94 (3rd) and 133 (4th)

If the Rams were to trade down, here are a few deals that could make sense for them, with even more outlined here.
Rams receive: No. 37 and 108 (4th) from NYG
Giants receive: No. 31
Rams receive: No. 39, 107 (4th), 208 (6th) and 215 (7th) from TB
Bucs receive: No. 31 and 203 (6th)
Rams receive: No. 41, 125 (4th), 148 (5th) and 156 (5th) from DEN
Broncos receive: No. 31

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i like the results of the Denver trade most, much better than staying at 31
train
That would give Snead 10 selections just about right! Three picks on day 2 & seven on the cleanup action day 3. I believe Snead loves the challenge of finding gold nuggets in that mountain boulder of day 3 selections.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just get this crazy feeling our first will be used to trade down and not pick up extra picks this year but a 2nd this year and next year as well.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
To me trading down seems like the best option if some other team will bite. I really want to see either a NT or a Edge taken with the earliest pick the Rams have. After that its all about LB, OL, and DB depth.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I just get this crazy feeling our first will be used to trade down and not pick up extra picks this year but a 2nd this year and next year as well.
Assuming we still get a player we really like (and by we I mean the fans, no one cares about Les Snead's feelings) I think this is the best scenario. Let some team say to themselves "it's not really a second next year, it's like a third this year" right up until next year comes and they don't have a second round pick and we have 2. Build future draft capital to play with that teams think is a discount instead of getting lesser draft capital this year. Good things come to those who wait.