Trade for QB Cody Kessler?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Since they're going out and getting players....esp. ones I like....It's Brett Hundley or Deshaun Kizer for me!

Just messing with you Jrry

Kessler is a upgrade over Mannion.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Kessler will most likely be released, possibly both him and Hogan after draft. At this point, I can't see anyone trading for a QB as most teams have signed their bridge QBs.

In fact, I think we'll have a nice choice of guys to bring into camp after the draft. I think we wait and let the pool of available candidates expand. No need to trade.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He is more of a fit than Mannion. For a round 6 pick I would be all for adding him.

jjab360

Legend
Of course he's oft forgotten but I really like Brandon Allen. He shares a lot of the same traits with a QB like Keenum except with a big time arm.

He played really well for the Jags in preseason, iirc he was in a QB competition with Bortles and there were a lot of fans who thought he should have won.

I definitely think he's a better fit for McVay's offense than Mannion if nothing else.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Yes, imo I still think Kessler could be a quality backup QB. Brandon Allen will probably be given a shot also to beat out Mannion.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kessler will most likely be released, possibly both him and Hogan after draft. At this point, I can't see anyone trading for a QB as most teams have signed their bridge QBs.

The value in giving up the 6th rounder is club control for two years of a guy who's a better fit than what we have. And who (talking about Mannion here), incidentally, will be a free agent after this season.

This QB draft is extremely deep, the deepest IMO in many years. But come round 6 they're going to be picked over. So it's an easy decision to give up that pick for Kessler, for me at least.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
He is more of a fit than Mannion. For a round 6 pick I would be all for adding him.

Cleveland needs a CB and we could use some CAP relief to make room for Beckham, so how about Kayvon Webster for Cody Kessler and a Cleveland 5'th or 6'th rounder ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course he's oft forgotten but I really like Brandon Allen. He shares a lot of the same traits with a QB like Keenum except with a big time arm.

I have always liked Allen too. Liked him coming out, in spite of his small stature. The ball really leaps out of that small hand of his. :eek:

But for a late round pick with a high bust chance it's a good gamble to add some intense competition even if he loses and ends up cut. Competition is always good.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cleveland needs a CB and we could use some CAP relief to make room for Beckham, so how about Kayvon Webster for Cody Kessler and a Cleveland 5'th or 6'th rounder ?

Sign me up! :p

jjab360

Legend
I have always liked Allen too. Liked him coming out, in spite of his small stature. The ball really leaps out of that small hand of his. :eek:

But for a late round pick with a high bust chance it's a good gamble to add some intense competition even if he loses and ends up cut. Competition is always good.
Yeah, I'd go for it if he's available. There's never been a season in NFL history that showed the importance of a quality backup QB than this past season.

If we're truly going for broke this year we need to make sure things won't fall apart if Goff goes down. To Goff's credit he has always shown to be durable despite what people thought pre-draft about his frame.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Cleveland needs a CB and we could use some CAP relief to make room for Beckham, so how about Kayvon Webster
Have you ever sold used cars? LOL

Have you ever bought a car, then got it home...and it's leaking oil....starter about to go out....bad battery....transmission about to pop? LOL....JK

How can you trade a guy coming off Achilles surgery???:rolllaugh:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Have you ever sold used cars? LOL

Have you ever bought a car, then got it home...and it's leaking oil....starter about to go out....bad battery....transmission about to pop? LOL....JK

How can you trade a guy coming off Achilles surgery???:rolllaugh:

L[ke every other player in the league, he'd have to pass a physical.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
If i'm gonna give up on my boy Sean the Statue Mannion i want Conner Cook
I'd personally rather have John David Booty than Kessler

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d throw a 6th their way for sure. Let him compete with Allen and Mannion for the #2 spot. Heck I still might even draft a qb in the 6th too. Heck knows we’ve got enough 6 round picks to play with

WestCoastRam

Legend
I still don't know... but why throw them a 6th, why not throw them a conditional 7th in 2019 if he makes the roster this year. I think we undervalue the 6th and overvalue having a guy on a contract for two years who could find himself beaten out for the backup QB job by someone else in camp.

I do agree that Mannion needs to be upgraded.