Top takeaways from Rams GM Les Snead at NFL Annual Meeting

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe so. I didn't nuke the film and verify my opinion on him. I just don't see him all that often flashing in a good way. So maybe I'm underestimating him but we'll see what he does this year.

Also and btw those numbers you list probably don't carry him to an early contract priority. I just don't think he's been enough of a difference maker to warrant it. If he doesn't have a top season I would even think they might let him leave in FA but of course I don't expect that take to be popular or anything just how I see it.
London Fletcher wasn't flashy just solid as well.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Hoping Snead gets it done & gets this kid extended.

I think extended is key word. I think the only way we keep him is to extend
because we are more likely to get a cap friendly deal.
As good as he is and still room to grow, if he hits market, Rams unlikely to sink
big money into ILB because of scheme logistics.

Ram65

Legend
Jones is no Fletcher.

I'm on the side that he is good more than great. He seems a little slower than I would want in his position. Just OK but getting better as a pass rusher which they used him more the past season.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sorry to bring it up every time. Lovie Smith brought in Jamie Duncan to replace Fletcher. I will never forgive him for that.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Jones is no Fletcher.

I'm on the side that he is good more than great. He seems a little slower than I would want in his position. Just OK but getting better as a pass rusher which they used him more the past season.
I have to say that I just wasn’t seeing the same thing as I kept reading here last season—that he was playing at a pro bowl level.
The Rams eventually had to “Ogletree” him by blitzing to get him into the thick of things.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Jones because he is solid and motivated. I just don’t think he’s a must sign lynchpin, necessarily.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Rams management: let's wait and see what he does without the AD factor.

I just hope it doesn't become a later regret. But I also don't want to see his game fall off.

I'll just let the season play out.

TexasRam

Legend
In all honesty E. Jones can be a liability in the run games too often for my liking. But as a blitzer and backfield penetrator he can be very good at times.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Yeah we've known from Snead and McVay that they knew after that game he was done.
It seemed like they were surprised like the rest of us when AD retired but they’ve known long enough to come up with a plan and that plan doesn’t involve any FA d line help. Interesting.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the only reason why Earnest Jones blitzed so much was simply because the Rams could not generate enough pressure from the D-line alone. He was very good at blitzing the QB but the secondary could have used him in the middle too.