Top 10 Pass-Catching Groups in the NFL: Rams receivers still get no respect

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
90% of our offense go through Gurley.

Receptions/TD Catches

Gurley: 64/6
Kupp: 62/5
Woods: 56/5
Watkins: 39/8
Higbee: 25/1
Everett: 16/2
Austin: 13/0
Cooper: 11/0
Reynolds: 11/1
Brown: 9/0
Carrier: 8/0
Thomas: 5/0
Dunbar: 1/0

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Another pre-season list by some blog writer.

Being on or off the list does not constitute respect, just familiarity with the writer and a deadline to produce something.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Ok I’ll say it: Woods, Cooks and Kupp are a quality and proven group of receivers. Top 5 easily.

Our tight end group might be unproven, but Gurley is either #1 or 2 (L Bell) in the NFL as a receiver out of the backfield.

Why set parameters for best receiver groups that include tight ends but not the running backs?

In the hoopla of NFL rule changes with the kickoff did we all miss the new rule that running backs are now ineligible receivers? No.

So why eliminate the running back when rating receiver groups? Renders the ratings meaningless.

I mean, it’s like saying: Hottest actresses of the ‘80s! (Except for the face)
1. Jamie Lee Curtis.

Ok. But the face is kind of a big deal. In NFL passing game, so is the running back.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Receptions/TD Catches

Gurley: 64/6
Kupp: 62/5
Woods: 56/5
Watkins: 39/8
Higbee: 25/1
Everett: 16/2
Austin: 13/0
Cooper: 11/0
Reynolds: 11/1
Brown: 9/0
Carrier: 8/0
Thomas: 5/0
Dunbar: 1/0

Would you have preferred me use a word like "the majority"? And I said the offense, not receptions/passes. But thanks for illustrating my point, our RB is our top receiver. So our receivers won't get the respect many are hoping for

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would you have preferred me use a word like "the majority"? And I said the offense, not receptions/passes. But thanks for illustrating my point, our RB is our top receiver. So our receivers won't get the respect many are hoping for

You're absolutely correct. The offense does run through Todd Gurley. He's the straw that stirs the drink so to speak. I merely wanted to remind that our receiving corps was quite proficient last season as well.

A good running game makes life easier for the receivers and good receivers who can get open and hold on to the ball make life easier for running backs as well. It's a symbiotic relationship.