Top 10 head coaches in NFL entering 2019

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To all; we love visiting fans on this board, but the fit has to work.

@SuperMan28 check your inbox.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I dunno Coach, by that logic we would be singing Fishers praises :LOL:. As far as Reid, he's a good coach, but I'd take McVay over him any day of the week.

Reid hasn't won that elusive championship. If he had that he'd be a slam dunk HOFer. Only Belichick is more accomplished in the league and Reid's coaching tree puts BBs to shame.

I can only hope McVay's career lasts as long and he has as much success.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@SuperMan28 Don't know if you are still around or not but there is a site that is perfect for your style of posting. I won't mention it's name I will just put SH but be warned they bite back over there. And I will take McVay at # 1 for 100 Alex.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh believe me I'd much rather quote than rate. But people seem to receive my ratings better than my posts. It's a walking on egg shells situation as a dear friend, and good man, put it. Egg shells, snowflakes, it's all the same around here.

Take it from me. If you're gonna call someone a stud muffin then they better be on a Ram roster. All hell breaks loose otherwise. I know from experience.

View attachment 29381
Well, there are a lot of homer-ific fans on this site. But it's our site for the Rams and when another homer comes on spouting homer-ific statements about their teams...well...you see where the conflict arises. :cheers:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
As much as I dig McV and think that reich did a great job, longevity and consistency counts. I have no doubt both men will not only justify their rankings, but surpass them in time.

...but the author is lacking in credibility if he thinks the Rams offense went from worst to 1rst "with basically the same personnel." Cmon man. The Rams haven't had a LT like Whitworth since HOF Pace, and even though he had a tough season last year, Sullivan was equally as important in '17. When was the last time we had a reliable C? And don't get me started on the ALL NEW (x3) WR crew and how it stacked up against the starting trios of the last 3 failed regimes.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
@SuperMan28 Don't know if you are still around or not but there is a site that is perfect for your style of posting. I won't mention it's name I will just put SH but be warned they bite back over there. And I will take McVay at # 1 for 100 Alex.

I put his ass on ignore

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wow The Third Reich is rated 7th already? Sorry, not yet and I have always liked Frank Reich, now the Colts GM Chris Ballard has done one heck of a job and they are trending up, but IMO, Chargers Head Coach Anthony Lynn deserves to be on this list.

Ron Rivera also should be on this list, he has an NFC Championship, but Reich & Sean freaking McDermott, granted not an easy job in Western, NY, but over Rivera & Lynn? Seriously, before being the CBS Sports Crew this group must have been working for CBS as pollsters during the 2016 Election.

I think Reich deserves more credit for the Eagles recent success than Pederson. I think he's a better coach than Pederson.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Meh.. McVay gets plenty of love. In fact I cannot think of any going on 3rd year coach that has gotten so much.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Meh.. McVay gets plenty of love. In fact I cannot think of any going on 3rd year coach that has gotten so much.

And he never made the adjustment against what the Bears and Lions defense did to him. I'd think by the Superbowl, he'd have an answer in case he sees the same type of D. So I'd guess he's likely slotted appropriately.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As much as I dig McV and think that reich did a great job, longevity and consistency counts. I have no doubt both men will not only justify their rankings, but surpass them in time.

...but the author is lacking in credibility if he thinks the Rams offense went from worst to 1rst "with basically the same personnel." Cmon man. The Rams haven't had a LT like Whitworth since HOF Pace, and even though he had a tough season last year, Sullivan was equally as important in '17. When was the last time we had a reliable C? And don't get me started on the ALL NEW (x3) WR crew and how it stacked up against the starting trios of the last 3 failed regimes.

Haha, he said basically the same personnel?

Are journalists in all sports this ignorant?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think Reich deserves more credit for the Eagles recent success than Pederson. I think he's a better coach than Pederson.

That is something, I know Pederson called the plays and still does for Philadelphia and I was and still am impressed with Pederson, but you could be on to something and there is little doubt that as long as Luck stays healthy, the Colts will be tough...BTW their DC Matt Eberflus will be a hot coordinator this year and could very likely be a Head Coach next year.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Tomlin's illusion of being a top tier coach was exposed a few years ago. The squealers need to clean house.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tomlin's illusion of being a top tier coach was exposed a few years ago. The squealers need to clean house.

Be interesting if that happens, if the Steelers go with an Offensive Coach as the last two were defensive in Bill Cowher & Tomlin as Chuck Noll was an Offensive Coach coming from the Colts as Offensive Line Coach.

Steelers tend to be outside the box when it comes to their Head Coaches, if I could take a shot if a change does happen, the Steelers reach into the college ranks and hire Matt Rhule of Baylor as I believe Rhule will be an NFL Head Coach in 2020.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's Belichick all by himself at 1. Then a really good second tier of guys that includes McVay, Pederson, Payton, Carrol, Reid, etc. After that group it's the third tier of guys who are up and comers (Reich, McDermott, etc) or talented HC retreads (Arians), then a big group of average MFers I would call the JAG tier, then guys in poor situations (Shanahan), and finally guys who are probably going to be fired this season (Rivera, Quinn, etc.).

Better conversation is the "who's gonna get fired this season" list. :fuelfire:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's Belichick all by himself at 1. Then a really good second tier of guys that includes McVay, Pederson, Payton, Carrol, Reid, etc. After that group it's the third tier of guys who are up and comers (Reich, McDermott, etc) or talented HC retreads (Arians), then a big group of average MFers I would call the JAG tier, then guys in poor situations (Shanahan), and finally guys who are probably going to be fired this season (Rivera, Quinn, etc.).

Better conversation is the "who's gonna get fired this season" list. :fuelfire:

Just imagine what McSlay could do if he cheated ! :sneaky:

:headexplosion: