Tony Softli on OTAs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[101]93743779[/101]

Talks about Bradford's air of confidence (realizes this is his team).
It wasn't what he said (about winning the SB), it was HOW he said it.

Rams only have one true FB on the roster, but a ton of TE's. Kendricks is out because of a "little knee mishap" that he's rehabbing. They might go with just one solid FB, but they'll always use the TE in that role - movement, and executing wham blocks. Softli would like to see a double-seam route with both Kendricks and Cook. Thinks they'll keep 5 or 6 WR's and 3 TE's. If they go with a FB, then it's one less RB.

On Watkins: The situation falls underneath the substance abuse program. It's not a failed test, but the rest is being sought after. It's kind of hush-hush right now. The NFL can do whatever they want to - fine him, one game, two game, three game suspension. Generally when you test positive it's 4 games. It's my understanding it wasn't a failed test, but it warranted a one-game suspension. When I interviewed him yesterday, he said "I screwed up - it's on me."

On Saffold: Talked to him yesterday. Saffold's got a good mindset. He wants to start at RT and be the best RT he can be. Talked about technique and how long it'll take to adjust. It's not learning a foreign language, but it's a different stance and different punch. The adjustment comes at pass blocking. Talked about going against Chris Long and it's going to make him better. They started that competition - that pushing each other thing, and it's looking better.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd think going against CL is either going to make you better and tougher or it is going to piss you off - probably both actually. Could you imagine having to go against that animal in practice every day?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
I'd think going against CL is either going to make you better and tougher or it is going to piss you off - probably both actually. Could you imagine having to go against that animal in practice every day?
Probably what made Jason Smith say, "Fuck this noise."

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Probably what made Jason Smith say, "Fuck this noise."

Ha! No doubt.

jap

Legend
RamFan503 said:

Yep! I view Chris Long as a turbo-talented Grant Wistrom in that both are Energizer Bunnies who attack with the same relentless energy in the last two minutes of the game as they do in the first two minutes. Grant used to draw a lot of holding penalties or false starts from fatigued OT's, even Pro Bowl-quality OT's, who couldn't match his unending energy. Chris is the same with even more talent and explosion. They couldn't pick a better person to get Rodger squared away on the right side because Chris will force Rodger to become super fundamentally sound just to try and hold his own against our resident Energizer battery. As disruptive as Chris is all game, he is especially lethal in the final quarter when his opposing tackle tires---just like Grant. :cool: