Todd Gurley released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
@MadGoat
He'd be the second Son of the Rams to go to the Birds. Made me puke to see S-Jax in a Falcon get up, even worse in a Patsy get up.
Now I have to relive that all over again. So glad I never saw MF in a Niner uni (unlike Bruuuuce).
Does it ever end in sports, this sad merry-go-round???

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Don't like this move if his knee is healthy, because if Gurley was healthy, that puts TGIII completely in the right here, and it's McVay who deserves be on his way out, not Todd. Imagine being arrogant enough to have an MVP level talent, yet continually getting beyond pass happy, and not even giving that RB any meaningful carries despite paying him a truck full of money. Sean McVay can imagine it, if Gurley was actually ready and able to be a bell cow.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ugh AD's reaction to that tweet. That's probably what I feel the worst about in all this.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Fuck, I was hoping we could get some pick for him. Talk about worse case scenario. Just awful.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This was a terrible blunder by the FO signing him to that contract. Just outright releasing him makes it look even worse.

Actually, I disagree with that second part. What kills coaches and GMs is staying tied to players that you should not. This is the Rams saying "yep, we made a mistake. Now we fix it."

That's actually a good thing. Now McVay earns his stripes as a leader by finding a way to explain this to the rest of the locker room.

AlphaRam

Rookie
Actually, I disagree with that second part. What kills coaches and GMs is staying tied to players that you should not. This is the Rams saying "yep, we made a mistake. Now we fix it."

That's actually a good thing. Now McVay earns his stripes as a leader by finding a way to explain this to the rest of the locker room.
You're right actually, I'll retract he last part of my post. It's better to cut your losses when you can!

MachS

Hall of Fame
Knew this was coming but doesn't make it less painful. Sad that Todd's knee problems started so soon in the NFL, wish him all the best but he was no longer worth that contract.

Just wish Les could have got something for him, but telling how other teams feel about his knee/contract situation. They would rather take their chances signing him on the open market for cheaper.

SAK11

Rookie
Based off of his social media likes and comments, seems like he was aware it was coming. Makes me sad, he played out of his mind the first 2 years under McVay.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
If Gurley's knee is/was good to go, I do not like this one bit. Time will tell. But if he was healthy, it's McVay that should be shown the door, not Todd. Darn straight an MVP level talent will have some "attitude" if he is made to sit on the sidelines for no good season. Imagine being arrogant enough to have arguably the best RB in the game being healthy enough to be a bell cow, yet repeatedly and consistently getting way too pass happy, to the point your MVP level RB is not even getting carries, and is used almost exclusively as an extra pass blocker? Sean McVay can imagine it, if the above scenario is true....

Lots to wonder about with this one. We won't know how to judge this until some times goes by.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Its the knee. It's got to be the knee. It makes no sense otherwise.
That's my takeaway. I mean if you pop in the tape from '15, '16, '17 he hasn't moved like that in a couple of seasons now. Still good, but not like the All World angry power back track star he was.

I didn't like his pressers either but i have no idea what TG feels...so i can't judge him in that respect.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
My thoughts are Gurley isn't the exact same but it was more a difference of opinion sulking and attitude. We will probably all shed more tears when he playing well for another team.
Matthews released as well I'm starting to think that this is a sort of a Seahawks rebuild. Sofi will more than likely not be ready this year behind schedule for a miried of reasons virus being a huge one. So now maybe the urgency isn't as great and they laying a blueprint down for 2021.
This has been total shock and awe!!! For all of us I'm sure Wow!!!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Good point. They didn't get trapped into the sunk cost fallacy.

They took a gamble by giving him a deal and it just didn't work out. It can happen with any player. The Rams were just unlucky here.