Todd Gurley no longer listed on injury report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@TheDYVKX

Brought tears to my eyes...Everybody knows....How much we need this young man to succeed....Watch how our young line blocks when they see him run..

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
@TheDYVKX

Brought tears to my eyes...Everybody knows....How much we need this young man to succeed....Watch how our young line blocks when they see him run..
There could be something to this. Motivation comes from hope. When they see Gurley run, it's going to be like an epiphany to our young line. And off we go to the promised land! (I drink the nectar of homerism today and am proud of it!)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm all excited. Lets not ride him too hard early. Lets build him up.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
So we might see Gurley this week? Or will he not dress like Quick? Both should be active for this game.

*Super excited to see Gurley!!!!!!!!!!(if he plays)

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
There could be something to this. Motivation comes from hope. When they see Gurley run, it's going to be like an epiphany to our young line. And off we go to the promised land! (I drink the nectar of homerism today and am proud of it!)

Great players elevate the play of those around them. MF28, forget the big red S, is a perfect example of that. And yeah, Gurley is definitely the most talented RB we've had since Faulk. We just need him healthy.

But let's not put the expectations too high. TG30's touch will very like not reach double digits. It's still very much in Tre and Benny's hands. I'd use Gurley on first or second downs only.

A55VA6

Legend
I just hope people are patient with Gurley. Dude is gonna be so damn good, even if he struggles his first few games.

RamBill

Legend
Rams notes: Gurley says he's ready to play if asked
• By Joe Lyons

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_ea4fbfd3-d4b2-55f2-9bc3-2fac74582c2a.html

Following Wednesday’s practice at Rams Park, rookie running back Todd Gurley was asked if he would tell coaches he’s ready to play Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers if they asked, responded: “Yeah, I would.”

Asked the same questions last Friday before the loss to Washington, Gurley hesitated and said, “I don’t know.”

The 10th overall pick in the last spring’s draft, Gurley said he feels good, is getting more work in practice and is working his way back into football shape. The 6-foot-1, 227-pound Gurley, who starred at Georgia, is working his way back after undergoing ACL surgery on his left knee in November.

“I’m definitely getting there,” the 21-year-old said. “I know as far as my recovery from being tired, I definitely feel a lot better. I feel like I’ve been doing a great job of that. And getting those reps, it’s helping a lot.”

Another step in the right direction: Gurley was not on the Rams’ Wednesday injury report.

From the start, Rams coach Jeff Fisher has preached patience when it comes to Gurley.

“He’s had two good days. Had a good day today in pads and he had a good day at three-quarter speed in practice yesterday,” the coach said Wednesday. “He’ll get a day off tomorrow and we’ll see how he is Friday.”

During a teleconference call earlier in the day, Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin jokingly asked the St. Louis reporters what they thought about Gurley’s status. When that conversation was relayed to Fisher, he said, “You guys just have him give me a call. I’ll talk to him.’’

When told that the reporters could pass along the information, Fisher declined: “I’d rather talk to him in person.’’

LINGERING DEFEAT

Middle linebacker James Laurinaitis and his teammates cannot wait for Sunday’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers at the Edward Jones Dome.

“We always talk about 24-hour-rule, but if I’m going to be honest, it doesn’t sit well with me until I play again,” said Laurinaitis, who will enter Sunday’s action one tackle short of tying the franchise record for tackles set by Hall of Famer Merlin Olsen from 1962-76. “I hate losing more than I enjoy winning, if that makes sense, especially when you feel like you have a very good matchup.

“Every (loss) gets to me, but I think the opportunity to be 2-0 was a special one. That hurt. But you really don’t have time to sulk because you’ve got Big Ben (Roethlisberger) coming to town ... they’ve got a really talented squad.”

Washington ran for 182 yards and averaged 4.9 a carry in Sunday’s 24-10 win over the Rams. Laurinaitis expects the Steelers to take a similar approach.

“It’s a copy-cat league. If I’m Pittsburgh, I’m running the same plays (Washington) did until we prove that we can stop them,” he said.

Laurinaitis likes the way the team has responded to the ugly loss.

“Guys are watching film, studying and working their butts off,” he said. “I’ve been on teams here where a loss like this would start the blame game. But the guys in this locker room, they’re looking in the mirror and focusing on what they can do better. As long as we have that, you can fix it.”

After Pittsburgh, the Rams hit the road for games against Arizona and Green Bay.

“Three really good quarterbacks (and) three really good teams,’’ Laurinaitis said. “We’re going to find out a lot about what kind of club we have here.’’

INJURY REPORT

The Rams have just two players on the first injury report of the week, with defensive end Eugene Sims (knee) and running back Chase Reynolds (knee) sitting out.

Pittsburgh worked without three players, including starters Ryan Shazier (shoulder) and William Gay (not injury related) at linebacker and cornerback, respectively. Defensive tackle Daniel McCullers (knee) also sat out Wednesday as cornerback Cortez Allen (knee) went through the full practice.

RAM-BLINGS

• A pair of Los Angeles Rams Hall of Famers, offensive lineman Tom Mack and defensive end Jack Youngblood, watched Wednesday’s practice in Earth City. Youngblood was with the Rams from 1971-1984 and was a five-time All-Pro. Mack, who played from 1966 through 1978, was named to the Pro Bowl 11 times.

“Since we got here, we’ve opened the doors to all the alums ... it’s great to have them around,” Fisher said. “They’re not the first, they won’t be the last. Really good to spend some time with them. A lot of good football there between those two players — a lot of Pro Bowls.”

For the record, it’s 18.

• Daryl Richardson, a running back who played for the Rams in 2012-13, has been signed to the Houston Texans’ practice squad.

In other Wednesday moves, DE Kourtnei Brown, who was with the Rams last year, was cut by Tampa Bay, and CB Josh Gourdy, who started nine games for the Rams in 2011, has been terminated with an injury settlement by the New York Giants.

RamzFanz

Damnit
But the guys in this locker room, they’re looking in the mirror and focusing on what they can do better.

That's good James. We need THIS guy and we know you can do it!

james-laurinaitis.jpg

“Three really good quarterbacks (and) three really good teams,’’ Laurinaitis said. “We’re going to find out a lot about what kind of club we have here.’’

Yes, we are. Kind of. A win against the Cardinals is huge. Another win would be amazing but not a season killer. We have yet to see some of our best talent on the field.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Meh. I'd hold him out for another 5 weeks or so, don't want him getting hurt, in fact we play Baltimore week 11, can you imagine him getting his first carries in his home town.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Not sure how good a thing that is tbh... Does it mean the Rams defense sucks and Gurley's in for a reality check?

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer man but it's not like getting big yards against the Rams defense is a tough thing nowadays. I'll believe it when I see it; expect the Steelers to stack the LOS just like the Skins did so this game is more about Cigs being prepared for it and having a great plan ready to go.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Not sure how good a thing that is tbh... Does it mean the Rams defense sucks and Gurley's in for a reality check?

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer man but it's not like getting big yards against the Rams defense is a tough thing nowadays. I'll believe it when I see it; expect the Steelers to stack the LOS just like the Skins did so this game is more about Cigs being prepared for it and having a great plan ready to go.
It says starting D was on sideline..