Todd Gurley....dogs and cats

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I legit don't understand why people have dogs. I have never once encountered a dog that didn't stink - some less bad than others of course, but I imagine dog owners are just nose blind.

Cats on the other hand rarely smell, especially if you take care of the litter box. I grew up with cats and vastly prefer their independence. Having a dog is basically like having a child. I have friends who don't have kids but have three dogs and are severely limited by what they can do on a Friday or Saturday night because of their dogs and having to be home to let them out - that is mind boggling to me.

All that and then just take a look at the stories about dogs randomly killing people - sure, it's very unlikely to happen - but it is especially crazy to me that people have dogs AND children at the same time. Maybe just a .00001% chance of them attacking the kid but thats too much of a risk IMO.
You must have a very sensitive nose. I've never really run into a did that I could smell unless I was face to fur, or it really needed a bath.

As to why someone would own a dog, dogs provide more benefits. Cats are "independent" which really means they generally don't give a shit about you unless you pissed them off. They might cuddle sometimes, if you're lucky. But you'll basically get cold indifference or violent douchebaggery 90% of the time.

Dogs will almost always cuddle with you, even when you don't want them to. They'll play games, learn tricks, go on exercise activities, and help you pick up prospective partners.

Cats will mostly sit around and pretend you don't exist, while occasionally giving you that, "I fucking hate you and it's soooo exhausting" look.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Cats on the other hand rarely smell, especially if you take care of the litter box.
I have rarely met a cat owner that could still smell the litter box. I would smell it immediately upon entering the home. I agree that there is almost always a little dog smell to most dogs but it doesn’t compare to the harsh stank of a cat. But at least they always walk by your face with their tail in the air when all you want to do is sit on the couch. The cat fur all over by them just brushing on you is a nice touch though.

All that and then just take a look at the stories about dogs randomly killing people - sure, it's very unlikely to happen - but it is especially crazy to me that people have dogs AND children at the same time. Maybe just a .00001% chance of them attacking the kid but thats too much of a risk IMO.
I’ve not once met these dog owners who can’t go out at night for fear of leaving their dog. I’m sure they exist but I haven’t met any of them.

As far as kids and dogs, it was always part of growing up when I was a kid and our kids grew up with dogs as well. Nary an incident.

I have to say like a great many things in life these days, there is too much irresponsibility going on. It is very rare for dogs to attack people without cause and far more rare for a family pet to attack one of its kids. I would bet it’s more likely for a kid to cut himself with a butter knife.

It’s funny because I know zero people who have had dogs attack their children. I have a good friend whose daughter has a scar on her face from their playful little cat that has been there for 15 years and isn’t going away any time soon. I personally have a scar on my hand from one of my cats from over 30 years ago. And I still get why people like cats. But simply speaking. Cats just decide to be dicks if something bugs them. And they absolutely attack people - including their owners and kids.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm an animal LOVER.

Cats are my least favorite animal though... and I'm alergic to calico cats. Plus... my parrot hates the sight of cats. When a cat comes in our backyard when my parrot is on the screened porch... my parrot lets out this growl that sounds like a demon from hell. The cats immediately haul ass upon hearing this as the sound alone convinces them that one of their 9 lives has just been taken.

As for the smell factor. Nothing smells worse than cat shit to me. The new self cleaning litter boxes do their best and they are cool, but, the smell of fresh cat shit still permeates throughout the entirety of the building containing the litter box. Totally disgusting smell, and it's topped off by the scraps of dirty litter that ALWAYS manage to find their way outside of the litter box.

I've been attacked by my aunt's cat several times. All unprovoked. The cat silently stalked me and sneak attacked everytime.

There is a thing called cat scratch fever. Ted's song about it had a little different meaning I think... but still... it's a thing. I've also read that it is not safe for pregnant women to be anywhere near cat poop/cat litter boxes.

To each their own for sho... and again, I love all animals... but cats are dead last on my list of animals.

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have rarely met a cat owner that could still smell the litter box. I would smell it immediately upon entering the home. I agree that there is almost always a little dog smell to most dogs but it doesn’t compare to the harsh stank of a cat. But at least they always walk by your face with their tail in the air when all you want to do is sit on the couch. The cat fur all over by them just brushing on you is a nice touch though.

I’ve not once met these dog owners who can’t go out at night for fear of leaving their dog. I’m sure they exist but I haven’t met any of them.

As far as kids and dogs, it was always part of growing up when I was a kid and our kids grew up with dogs as well. Nary an incident.

I have to say like a great many things in life these days, there is too much irresponsibility going on. It is very rare for dogs to attack people without cause and far more rare for a family pet to attack one of its kids. I would bet it’s more likely for a kid to cut himself with a butter knife.

It’s funny because I know zero people who have had dogs attack their children. I have a good friend whose daughter has a scar on her face from their playful little cat that has been there for 15 years and isn’t going away any time soon. I personally have a scar on my hand from one of my cats from over 30 years ago. And I still get why people like cats. But simply speaking. Cats just decide to be dicks if something bugs them. And they absolutely attack people - including their owners and kids.

When I say can't go out - I mean stay out - they can leave for 5 or 6 hours, but cannot be gone for longer than that without coming back to a disaster.

With gravity feeders you can leave your cats for a few days if needed.

This is the first time I've ever heard someone claim that cats smell worse than dogs - I'm not sure I can even truly comprehend that. Putting the litterbox in the garage eliminates the smell inside the house, and cats themselves rarely smell bad. If someone keeps their house clean, as my in laws all do, then their house doesn't smell - but unfortunately dogs are too friendly and don't realize that they themselves smell bad. Granted I did not grow up with dogs, and that is probably the issue.

According to wikipedia, there are over 4 million humans bitten by dogs each year. Now, quite a few of those are comprised of a person being cruel to the dog or just a rabid dog.

But some are not. On the other hand it takes a random act for a cat to even harm a human. I dont believe in having a pet that, if it attacked, you'd most likely be dead. That doesn't qualify for all dogs obviously.

Finally, your butter knife analogy is a good one - and isn't it interesting that we don't let our children walk around with a knife or walk around outside when it's lightning - but we let them walk around a dog?

I know I'm in the minority on this big time. Most people love dogs - hell, my wife likes dogs. I just don't get it. Unnecessary risk IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
that and then just take a look at the stories about dogs randomly killing people - sure, it's very unlikely to happen - but it is especially crazy to me that people have dogs AND children at the same time. Maybe just a .00001% chance of them attacking the kid but thats too much of a risk IMO.

This is gettin way too serious for me. Thought this was a light hearted thread. Cheers.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is gettin way too serious for me. Thought this was a light hearted thread. Cheers.
I wonder how often dogs bite clowns or mimes. I know I sure would if I were a dog.

That better?

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I think I have a new favorite ROD person.
Why do I have the urge to eat a whole tub of ice cream and cry myself to sleep right now?

Cats on the other hand rarely smell, especially if you take care of the litter box
...and teenage boys rarely masturbate, if you exclude their 45 minute showers, and all other times they are alone and awake.

Dogs will almost always cuddle with you, even when you don't want them to. They'll play games, learn tricks, go on exercise activities, and help you pick up prospective partners.
This is key!!! Cats are not chick-magnets. They make the girl think you are...you know...left handed.

I have rarely met a cat owner that could still smell the litter box. I would smell it immediately upon entering the home

As for the smell factor. Nothing smells worse than cat crap to me. The new self cleaning litter boxes do their best and they are cool, but, the smell of fresh cat crap still permeates throughout the entirety of the building containing the litter box. Totally disgusting smell, and it's topped off by the scraps of dirty litter that ALWAYS manage to find their way outside of the litter box

Exactly gentlemen. I took care of my brothers cats for a few months. Had to change out a litter box, and the smells. No thanks. Now, I just take my fox terrier on a walk outside our neighborhood. Sometimes I have to pick it up, and sometimes he goes deep in the ivy by the park. :sneaky:

I wonder how often dogs bite clowns or mimes. I know I sure would if I were a dog.

That better?

Dogs won't bite clowns. They taste funny.

I'm so disappointed in myself now.

Yeah, just mimes. Dogs are smart enough to know the mime won't nark. Can't. He's a mime.

Stupid mimes.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm an animal LOVER.

Cats are my least favorite animal though... and I'm alergic to calico cats. Plus... my parrot hates the sight of cats. When a cat comes in our backyard when my parrot is on the screened porch... my parrot lets out this growl that sounds like a demon from hell. The cats immediately haul ass upon hearing this as the sound alone convinces them that one of their 9 lives has just been taken.

As for the smell factor. Nothing smells worse than cat crap to me. The new self cleaning litter boxes do their best and they are cool, but, the smell of fresh cat crap still permeates throughout the entirety of the building containing the litter box. Totally disgusting smell, and it's topped off by the scraps of dirty litter that ALWAYS manage to find their way outside of the litter box.

I've been attacked by my aunt's cat several times. All unprovoked. The cat silently stalked me and sneak attacked everytime.

There is a thing called cat scratch fever. Ted's song about it had a little different meaning I think... but still... it's a thing. I've also read that it is not safe for pregnant women to be anywhere near cat poop/cat litter boxes.

To each their own for sho... and again, I love all animals... but cats are dead last on my list of animals.

You sound like me, I am an absolute animal lover, my wife and I have 5 big dogs, and she wasn’t too crazy about animals when I first met her (she liked them, but was allergic) she came To absolutely adore them and can’t live without one now. I also have a parrot (40 year old red lored amazon, from Brazil, like my wife haha, I joke with my wife that she wasn’t the first Brazilian woman in the house, my bird was)

I’m currently looking for some acreage in south Florida, because I love animals so much I want a small farm just to harbor abused animals (cows, horses, dogs, goats, etc.)

My wife loves cats, but will even admit how much of a dick they can be for no reason.

I’ve never seen another animal that will roll on it’s back and beg you to pet it, you start petting it then it bites you, like wtf.

We train dogs, they always give signs of how they’re feeling, to back off or to come closer, dogs are predictable(even the ones people say aren’t, you just have to know how to read them) dogs are loyal, and only get satisfaction out of spending time with their owners, cats seem to only care about themselves(the vast majority anyways) and the smell of them when entering a house with a litter box inside is horrible.

I’m all about dogs and animals, and cats are my least favorite, I don’t dislike them, I just don’t trust them

Last edited:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
“Dogs have penises and cats are vaginas.”

33E40D64-F7EA-4DEF-9471-0E5B016670D4.jpeg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I’ve never seen another animal that will roll on it’s back and beg you to pet it, you start petting it then it bites you, like wtf.

Cats bite you when you rub their belly because their belly is a weak point in natural settings. It's defensive.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cats bite you when you rub their belly because their belly is a weak point in natural settings. It's defensive.

I know and understand the logic.
Let me put it like this, when a dog trust you, he will roll on his back ack and let you pet his belly and not bite you. If he doesn’t trust you, he will resist when you try to put him on his side or his back because he doesn’t want his weak point exposed.

When a cat likes/loves you, they roll on their back right in front of you, begging you to pet them, exposing their bellies, then they bite you. So it doesn’t really make sense, hence me saying cats are unpredictable, dogs are predictable.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You sound like me, I am an absolute animal lover, my wife and I have 5 big dogs, and she wasn’t too crazy about animals when I first met her (she liked them, but was allergic) she came To absolutely adore them and can’t live without one now. I also have a parrot (40 year old red lored amazon, from Brazil, like my wife haha, I joke with my wife that she wasn’t the first Brazilian woman in the house, my bird was)

I’m currently looking for some acreage in south Florida, because I love animals so much I want a small farm just to harbor abused animals (cows, horses, dogs, goats, etc.)

My wife loves cats, but will even admit how much of a dick they can be for no reason.

We train dogs, they always give signs of how they’re feeling, to back off or to come closer, dogs are predictable(even the ones people say aren’t, you just have to know how to read them) dogs are loyal, and only get satisfaction out of spending time with their owners, cats seem to only care about themselves(the vast majority anyways) and the smell of them when entering a house with a litter box inside is horrible.

I’m all about dogs and animals, and cats are my least favorite, I don’t dislike them, I just don’t trust them

I'm owned by a Vosmaeri Eclectus. He's owned me since he hatched out of his egg 11 years ago. I have to make all of his food... this species is very demanding as far as their diet. High Maintenance Big Time! I tell him all of the time that he's lucky I decided to be his slave. Hahaha.

I also have a GoldenDoodle pup who is about 10 months old now. There are pics of him posted in the last several pages of the Dog Thread.

And... I have a 300 gallon salt water tank. I don't consider the fish pets though. Been killing fish with hooks, spears, and nets ever since I was very young. Eating them after.

We call our house the farm all the time. LOL

Our friends just bought a 10 acre farm in New Smyrna recently. They have all of the animals you have listed with plenty of room. They have chickens too. A real farm compared to me.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If you are away from home for much of the day, or more than one day regularly, then cats are better pets. But, dogs are more interactive and fun if you like to play with them and hike etc,... Nothing greats you at the door like a dog.