Todd Gurley and fantasy football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It depends on scoring. I place little value on QBs and will juggle based on match ups all season if need be.

In my league, if it were dynasty, I would trade Rodgers. But I'm a risk taker who Hawkeyes the QBs every day.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You could do something different actually.

After this draft, the Rams are going to run the ball. That means Mason has quite a bit of value for the first part of this season. You could offer him Mason and thus he could handcuff the Rams running game, which could be elite this year. He could then keep Mason as Gurley's future handcuff, which provides value in the future as well as just this year. Mason on your team doesn't do much good once Gurley gets in the lineup, unless Gurley gets hurt. On his team he has more value.

RamzFanz

Damnit
You could do something different actually.

After this draft, the Rams are going to run the ball. That means Mason has quite a bit of value for the first part of this season. You could offer him Mason and thus he could handcuff the Rams running game, which could be elite this year. He could then keep Mason as Gurley's future handcuff, which provides value in the future as well as just this year. Mason on your team doesn't do much good once Gurley gets in the lineup, unless Gurley gets hurt. On his team he has more value.

greatIdea.gif

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
I'm in a dynasty league and I'm needing a running back badly for all you fantasy experts I'm gonna post my fantasy team and tell me if you would or what u would give up to move to number 1 and get Gurley. I'm picking 7 out of ten teams and the guy at 1 knows I want Gurley so bad I can't stand it and while he's not a rams fan Gurley is his pick if I don't trade up. Here's my team. Also I can only keep 10 of these guys so keep that in mind.

QB Arron Rodgers
RB M Lynch
RB Tre Mason
RB Lagaret Blount
RB Ryan Matthews
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Roddy White
WR Steve Smith (ravens)
WR Martavis Bryant
WR Golden Taint
TE Rob Gronkowski
D Rams

I'm forgetting a couple it's a 16 player team and espn is down but the ones I'm forgetting are getting cut anyways so what do you guys think? Gurley would be a beast on my team for many years but I can probably get a really good rookie rb or wr at 7 so I'm having a hard time with this. It might take Rodgers and something else to get him it sounds like.

Out of your list here are the ones I would keep.

QB Arron Rodgers
RB M Lynch
RB Tre Mason
RB Lagaret Blount
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Roddy White
WR Steve Smith (ravens)
WR Martavis Bryant
WR Golden Taint
TE Rob Gronkowski

I don't think that trading up for Gurely is the right move. I'd stay put and see what falls to you. Now I don't know the rules in your league but the guy is playing on your homerism. Since TG isn't going to see the field in the first several weeks, I'd say week 5, it wouldn't be wise to trade up for any of your guys because you will put yourself at a disadvantage. If they guy does take Gurely then you might be able to trade for him later or trade him Tre if TG is not seeing the field. Your keeper league sounds much more complicated then mine so the strategy of drafting is going to be different for you but consider Melvin Gordon who is going to be the bell cow in SD, Telvin Coleman in Atlanta with the Shannahan affect, Gore for Indy if he shakes lose, and I think Flacco has a big year in Baltimore. Do you have any idea who is going to be available? You have a better understanding on how your league drafts but in a 16 team league this is a pretty stout lineup. Know this Rodgers is not to be traded for anyone.