To all the Goff haters out there

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Oh and... I watched all those videos over a hot cup of coffee. Great way to start the day.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
How many of these media talking heads actually watch entire Rams games? They derive all of their opinions from watching game clips, stat lines and hearing other commentators. They all regurgitate the same thoughts. They don't see this kids poise. His leadership. His command of the offense. I understand that they can't watch everything, but they sure talk like experts when most of them have no clue.
That is why I trust the average posters opinion on here more than I do these talking heads.
Watching every game and concentrating on the offensive line told me the main reason why Keenum and Goff were failing.

Plus they ditched all the half-ass effort receivers we had that were dropping balls.

Toss in a fully committed MVP performance by Gurley.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
you know i never watched that show so i went and had a look at it. very impressive.

Pretty amazing wasn't it. When you have so many guys in the media who have no responsibility in how they dump on guys (rookie QBs for example ahem), to see a guy spell out how things went down before it happened was crazy. Just shows that Gruden sees the big picture, and I wish more media types were like him in that.

There was a time when I actually disliked Gruden, but over time I've come to realize he's one of the best. We certainly owe him with McVay, at least I think we do, as I believe I had read that he told the Rams that Sean was special.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
We real fans knew this guys was good last year . He didn't have a good supporting cast but some of the throws he made were special . That first half of the saints game last year he really showed me he deserves to be the franchise QB. He is also very mentally tough and never seemed down about himself.

That said I was pro wentz during the draft process , but both of these guys seem like they will be around for a long time and keep getting better.

nighttrain

Legend
That is why I trust the average posters opinion on here more than I do these talking heads.
Watching every game and concentrating on the offensive line told me the main reason why Keenum and Goff were failing.

Plus they ditched all the half-ass effort receivers we had that were dropping balls.

Toss in a fully committed MVP performance by Gurley.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
McVay has been smart to not put too heavy of a burden on his young QB's shoulders but without Goff, the present and future of our Rams team would not so bright.

Although the bust talk has disappeared, Goff is still not garnering much respect from many outside Rams nation (especially fans & media) considering what he has accomplished at this stage of his young career. Almost every week I have read through what the other teams fans are saying and you could always count on a good amount of them minimizing Goff and commenting that Goff cannot beat them if Gurley is neutralized or limited. Now we are reading the same thing from many flatulence(falcon) fans. Gurley gives the Rams offense a turbo boost that really makes this offense special but without good QB play and good o-line play there would be no consistent success for Gurley, the offense, and the team.

At 23, Goff is only going to get better. He is just beginning his ascent into becoming an elite QB.

We have yet to see his best so watch out NFL!!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I watched all 3 vids in this thread and enjoyed the hell out of each of them.

Couple of thoughts.

1) In the vids of Goff’s rookie season it was easy to see that he wasn’t getting much help from his teammates. That O was a clusterf***!

2) What a difference a new coaching staff and some new teammates can make. Six new O starters, mind you. Night and day better, at that.

3) Yeah, Merlin was right. Gruden was prescient in his QB Camp vid. Eerily so.

I favored Wentz pre-draft by just a bit. But Goff is the perfect QB for McVay’s O. I am thrilled to have him as our franchise QB for the next 12-15 years.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Goff is still not garnering much respect from many outside Rams nation (especially fans & media) considering what he has accomplished at this stage of his young career. Almost every week I have read through what the other teams fans are saying and you could always count on a good amount of them minimizing Goff and commenting that Goff cannot beat them if Gurley is neutralized or limited.

I defense of others opinions....I haven't seen many WOW moments....the pass to Kupp vs Seattle was one....Really liked what he did vs the Titans and NO....but no WOW...end of game heroics...late game drives...put team on his back...I talked about it weeks ago....pundits/critics like to see, what happens in adversity? when the play isn't perfect? when the chips are down.....

I expect a blowout, but if put in the, ok, the game is in your hands Jared, make it happen....I wanna see...much like the public at large.

nighttrain

Legend
one huge item that keeps Goff from come from behind wins is the Rams scoring early and often
train

bluecoconuts

Legend
I like the comment from Silver about Goff, that he looks at QBing the same way that McVay looks at coaching. That is exciting to hear.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
one huge item that keeps Goff from come from behind wins is the Rams scoring early and often
train

and that's the way i prefer it.

make the throws that are there early in the game and get the lead so you don't have to make a comeback. ever noticed how all these 4th qtr comeback qbs look like dogshit during the game, throws all over the place, missing wrs, then they get their mojo in the 4th? fuck that.

give me kurt warner. came out and surgeoned the opposition out the gate. people used to say the same about him - but how many 4th qtr comebacks has he had? because his team were always in the lead mostly. you know i could tell in the first 5 minutes if kurt was gonna lead his team to victory. if he's off early it wouldn't get better during the game. used to happen once in a while.

goff is exactly what i want in a qb. exactly. make the plays that are there and get the lead then keep it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Are there really any Goff haters here? Don't think I've seen one yet.
Skeptics? Sure, maybe one or two. But haters? Nah.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Are there really any Goff haters here? Don't think I've seen one yet.
Skeptics? Sure, maybe one or two. But haters? Nah.

Walterfootball doesn't count?

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
jared-goff-los-angeles-rams-pixel-art-2-joe-hamilton.jpg