TNF: Dolphins@Ravens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Slide sooner....those dudes were FLYING....I mean it's not a dirty play...at that speed.. and that's a fumble

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shouldn't have been a penalty at all...this is not flag football. Look at it again in full speed and tell me if it would've been illegal if not a quarterback...problem being if he's outside the pocket he is just that.. a running back...GET REAL!
Offensive players now think they should b able to "perform" without any hindrances... And Tony is showing what he was now...poor broadcasting!

Happily. It's an illegal hit. It's irrelevant who had the ball.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joyner's hit wasn't dirty. And he slid too late for Alonso to not hit him. Sucked in to him. He'll be sliding a yard earlier next time.

Bullshit. I see players avoid hitting a sliding QB like that every week.

Joyner's hit was illegal. I don't think it was intentional from Joyner, though. Alonso's hit was intentional.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'll say this, Kiko while at Oregon was a player that played like that...on the edge....very physical for his size (it appears that he has bulked up now)....intent is hard to prove...but I wouldn't doubt he was trying to pop Flacco....problem is, he can't pop him after he slides....Flacco slid WAY too late....Kiko didn't pull up, that's for sure.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mike Foolio’s pick: Dolphins 27, Ravens 17.

wyfail.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bullcrap. I see players avoid hitting a sliding QB like that every week.

Joyner's hit was illegal. I don't think it was intentional from Joyner, though. Alonso's hit was intentional.

That's because those qbs slid earlier so the defender could pull up. Flacco is at fault here, as was Bridgewater.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's because those qbs slid earlier so the defender could pull up. Flacco is at fault here, as was Bridgewater.

No, they don't. Those players just know to pull off. Let's put it this way, Flacco was on the ground when Alonso hit him. If Alonso were just trying to tackle him and not aiming for his head, why was he aiming so low? What LB aims for a QB's shins/knees?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This doesn’t help the Rams in flexing their game against Philly,...

VilleDeal

UDFA
In my football book...he slid to late and paid the price. My book is most likely older than yours.
Get the flags out....and get them put on the stars/quarterbacks.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I can't believe I trusted Moore....with all my ROD$$$......how am I gonna catch some of you guys????

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, they don't. Those players just know to pull off. Let's put it this way, Flacco was on the ground when Alonso hit him. If Alonso were just trying to tackle him and not aiming for his head, why was he aiming so low? What LB aims for a QB's shins/knees?

Maybe he thought he was diving for the marker. I thought he was doing that. Even his slide didn't look like a slide. He knew he was gonna get popped then thought shit i better slide. Too late.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe he thought he was diving for the marker. I thought he was doing that. Even his slide didn't look like a slide. He knew he was gonna get popped then thought crap i better slide. Too late.

Feel free to go frame-by-frame. Alonso INTENTIONALLY lowered his strike-zone when he saw Flacco sliding. He had every opportunity to avoid that hit.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff has never been greedy like that.

Do you not remember the Sherman hit? Goff is as greedy as any other QB (see the TD against the Cardinals for another example). If a defender wanted to hit Goff like that while he was sliding, he could. And you wouldn't defend the play.