Time for a reunion?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
  • S John Johnson will be released by the Browns at the start of the league year on March 15, NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported, per sources.

It seems to me that the key to turning things around is through FA. That’s what we did in year 1 of McVay’s tenure. I assume we will create cap room by trading Ramsey (If not, then why do it)

I would love to have him back on a home discount

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Another "reunion" could be if they really soured on Robinson, would be to bring Marvin Jones in to reunite with Stafford. Seems to fit as a good route runner. That is if they feel Woods is cooked after his injury.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Woods is an interesting one. Is it me or is Jefferson on the verge of a break through? Even so, Woods brings something we were lacking most of last season. Moxie!

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
100% yes. LOVED JJ3. He'd be a welcome addition to our DBs.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
No feeling either way. Safety is a pretty easy position to fill.

But it goes to show you...2 years after signing a 3 yr deal for $24 mil. These plays just come and go and all this cap and contract whatnot is just fodder.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
No feeling either way. Safety is a pretty easy position to fill.

But it goes to show you...2 years after signing a 3 yr deal for $24 mil. These plays just come and go and all this cap and contract whatnot is just fodder.
I suppose it depends on circumstances - relative to other positions, I presume. This is still the NFL.... Doesn't seem that easy if we had to find a guy that retired a few years ago, to step in during the SB run....

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • S John Johnson will be released by the Browns at the start of the league year on March 15, NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo reported, per sources.

It seems to me that the key to turning things around is through FA. That’s what we did in year 1 of McVay’s tenure. I assume we will create cap room by trading Ramsey (If not, then why do it)

I would love to have him back on a home discount

That is confusing to me? The Rams having Big Whitworth & being older than the HC was The BEST EVER FA signing I can recall.
When you bring up JJ43,you have to remember (Cooks),that The Rams traded back & got him for FREE. Then got a Comp Pick when he left. SAYING key to turning things around by Free Agents is CRAZY!! Yeah bring back Robert Woods(John Sullivan) if that is the direction.
The 2017 Rams Draft will be one of The Best Ever as well.
Sean Mcvay Rams HC is one of The Best Ever as well!!

It’s WE not ME!! Jalen Ramsey fighting with Taylor Rapp was Raheem Morris helping The Rams win a Superbow. Go back & look at Jan. 2nd? Talk about a WE Player. HOF Eric Weedle.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
For the right price, I'd welcome him back. But, not paying a bunch for JJ after he underperformed the last 2 years. 2021 was better then 2022 however.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hell yeah, I'd bring back JJ3. He's an elite safety, and I'd love to see him teach Yeast and Lake how to play. And best of all, he wouldn't cost us a compensatory pick.

WestCoastRam

Legend
All reports are that the wheels really fell off JJ the minute he signed with the Browns. Think this was the first year they could get out of the contract. Have to really examine what happened there. From his play alone on that D, I don't think he'll have many suitors. But perhaps a keen investigation can figure out what happened to him and if there's something to correct.

Last edited:

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
JJ3 had a charisma and leadership abilities, and was a great communicator, which is why he wore the dot. He seemed like a natural with great tackle production. Intangibles.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was a trending upward player with the Rams, couldnt blame him for taking the $$ that the Rams couldnt match
Hard to say why things didnt work out in Cleveland other than nothing seems to work out in Cleveland....
Would love him back, sharing the d backfield WITH Ramsey

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Hell yeah, I'd bring back JJ3. He's an elite safety, and I'd love to see him teach Yeast and Lake how to play. And best of all, he wouldn't cost us a compensatory pick.
I wouldn't go that far. But yeah, he would upgrade the safety position. Although I imagine there will be plenty of interest in him when free agency starts.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I wouldn't go that far. But yeah, he would upgrade the safety position. Although I imagine there will be plenty of interest in him when free agency starts.

Definitely was an elite, well-rounded safety with us. Could defend the pass and run equally well , got a fair amount of interceptions, wore the dot to signify that he was the guy who led the defense, just absolutely the most well-rounded safety we've had in a long while.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Does Detroit or San Diego need a Safety ? Brad Holmes was probably pretty involved when JJ Johnson was drafted, and Staley was JJ's final DC when he was with the Rams.