Thursday night clunkers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wonder if the short week, playing on Thursday, hurt us?

Let's be honest, that was a boring game!

I've seen defensive battles that were fun to watch... but those are generally filled with sacks, interceptions, fumbles, and hard hits. But this game?

3 sacks between both teams

1 INT (Hail Mary to end the game)

1 fumble

16 punts

Booooring!

Did playing on Thursday neutralize our edge going into this? Yes, it effected both teams equally, but can anyone say AZ played that much better than us? Both teams didn't really look good.

Like I said, even the defensive play was ho-hum in terms of excitement.

A coin toss could have just as easily determined the winner.

I'd just rather never play on Thursday again.

Alan

Legend
"I'd just rather never play on Thursday again."
I'm not sure that anyone outside of the owners/NFL hierarchy like Thursday night games. Like you, I hate them.

Simba

Rookie
It's not a thursday night game problem.Each team has a lot of problem with offensive game and just a good defense could save them.Ari played with the 3th qb too.We have our best offensive gun in IR.It's hard thinking a better way to play.Really hard.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't care. Thursday, Saturday, or Sunday! It was possibly the worst performance by two Teams I've ever seen!! On Offense anyway!(n)(n) It was offensive!!

Last edited:

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Playing that early in the week ruins any chance for the offense to install any wrinkles or special plays. They should only play Thursday games with two teams coming off of a by so that they have time to prepare.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't like Thursday night football in general, as it's a lousy deal for the players to play Sunday and then have to turn around and play Thursday again. They wont do is for certain rea$0n$$$$$$, but I wish the NFL would eliminate Thursday Night football. Short of that, I at least wish they'd make a rule that the two Thursday night teams be coming off a bye week to give them both more time to prepare, and more importantly, for players to get healthy before playing again.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It's not just us.
Most Thursday games aren't as good as Sunday or Monday.
I believe the short week hurts every team.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Playing that early in the week ruins any chance for the offense to install any wrinkles or special plays. They should only play Thursday games with two teams coming off of a by so that they have time to prepare.
This is the only thing that makes sense.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I wonder if the short week, playing on Thursday, hurt us?

Let's be honest, that was a boring game!

I've seen defensive battles that were fun to watch... but those are generally filled with sacks, interceptions, fumbles, and hard hits. But this game?

3 sacks between both teams

1 INT (Hail Mary to end the game)

1 fumble

16 punts

Booooring!

Did playing on Thursday neutralize our edge going into this? Yes, it effected both teams equally, but can anyone say AZ played that much better than us? Both teams didn't really look good.

Like I said, even the defensive play was ho-hum in terms of excitement.

A coin toss could have just as easily determined the winner.

I'd just rather never play on Thursday again.

You obviously have no appreciation or understanding of special teams play. Why do you hate Hekker so much?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
As posted and discussed all over the webernets and sports talk shows DO IT AFTER THE BYE WEEK.

It's not that effing difficult to figure out. Literally EVRYONE thinks that is the way to go, why it isn't being done escapes me. This was a deal that was put together by Tagliabue and why he didn't think of it is beyond me because he wasn't a dumb guy. Neither is Goodell so I don't know why this doesn't get fixed.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As posted and discussed all over the webernets and sports talk shows DO IT AFTER THE BYE WEEK.

It's not that effing difficult to figure out. Literally EVRYONE thinks that is the way to go, why it isn't being done escapes me. This was a deal that was put together by Tagliabue and why he didn't think of it is beyond me because he wasn't a dumb guy. Neither is Goodell so I don't know why this doesn't get fixed.
I don't know what I'm about to say is the case, but anything's possible. Maybe it's because it creates an unfair advantage (in the schedule-makers' minds) that one team gets two long weeks of prep time if they play on Thursday coming out of a bye, because after the Thursday night game, they get an extra 3 days of rest before they play again. So instead of giving certain teams two advantages, they just go ahead and handicap them once. Just a theory.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't know what I'm about to say is the case, but anything's possible. Maybe it's because it creates an unfair advantage (in the schedule-makers' minds) that one team gets two long weeks of prep time if they play on Thursday coming out of a bye, because after the Thursday night game, they get an extra 3 days of rest before they play again. So instead of giving certain teams two advantages, they just go ahead and handicap them once. Just a theory.

Could be but they have to fix it. The players and coaches hate it as is and when fans and talk shows are complaining about the quality of the games something needs to be done.

I've skipped almost all of them except the Rams.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Could be but they have to fix it. The players and coaches hate it as is and when fans and talk shows are complaining about the quality of the games something needs to be done.

I've skipped almost all of them except the Rams.
Absolutely it needs to be fixed. You have to wonder if Fisher has said anything about it, since he's on the competition committee and all.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Thursday night games tend to be more sloppy. More penalties, more turnovers, I don't think NFL games are meant to be played on three days "rest".

Then again, the last time the Rams played Arizona at home, on Thursday, they had nine sacks and the win.

So I wouldn't attribute it to that.