Throwback Thursday: Tommy Polley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Was Robert Holcombe in that draft? He was a questionabke pick ? I think maybe the year before? Will listen later, but should be interesting looking up the draft class.

Tommy was the start of the Mad Mike era & bad defensive picks. The year before the Trung Candidate pick.
Amazing The Rams we’re able to trade him & Damon Lewis for draft picks. The real start of The Rams decline was when Jay Z let Ryan Pickett go!!

Robert Thomas was a bust & then finally The Rams got Piso T. who was at least solid as a LBer.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Loved this pick.
Mainly because it was one of the few I called correctly.
He was a good solid LB.

He was tall & rangy .

I was liked Stroud from Georgia. He was just a strong man.
Fred Smooth was great at Miss. St.. He was one of the best CB’s I’d seen in college. McAlister from Arizona was great back in his college days.

Z. Moreno,Hodge,& Greenwood were players I liked.

Really never understood why not draft offensive lineman though ? Huge mistake which needed up ruining Kurt Warner & Faulk.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Excellent insight & interview. Only got through the first half. Tommy sort of got screwed,& gives strong thoughts & opinions.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, it’s kinda bush league to say others were not doing their jobs, as though he was one of the few doing his. He came off sounding bitter to me, which is his right. He then said that Aaron Donald is good and all, but that he played with some “beasts” in his day and had to be loyal to them (after throwing other team mates under the bus? Lol, ok Tommy

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Yeah, it’s kinda bush league to say others were not doing their jobs, as though he was one of the few doing his. He came off sounding bitter to me, which is his right. He then said that Aaron Donald is good and all, but that he played with some “beasts” in his day and had to be loyal to them (after throwing other team mates under the bus? Lol, ok Tommy
I feel as though you have to look at it like this. Tommy hasn't talked about this stuff in a long time and probably felt like it was time for the people to know the truth.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel as though you have to look at it like this. Tommy hasn't talked about this stuff in a long time and probably felt like it was time for the people to know the truth.
Maybe.
We are only getting one side from his testimony and people (all people, imo) tend to eliminate negatives about memories to justify their past. It's better to complain to a psychiatrist and remember the good things in public. This is not lying and makes people want to listen to you. After this interview, I could care less about Tommy Polley's past with the Rams. There is already too much negativity to deal with in life to add perceived Tommy Polly wrongs without balancing it out...just my 2 Cents.