Throwback Thursday: Dexter McCleon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice episode, Jake.....A different Ram chosen than before to help in Super Bowl 36....I don't think he understood question in replacing someone from that team in order that they win that game. That's right, we'd have to replace Roger Goodell with Pete Rozelle. Still might not win that day, but the tapes might not have been burned?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I enjoyed the interview as always @jakebogen95 just is outstanding and I look forward to each guest and McCleon is very affable, however, back in 1997 when the Rams were on the clock in the 2nd round and everyone knew Rams would go CB, I preferred Sam Madison out of Louisville. McCleon had switch to Corner from QB at Clemson and had only played the position for two years in college, Madison had played it his whole life, McCleon was faster, but I felt Madison was a more natural CB with better ball skills and I was right as Madison was a shut down All Pro Corner for the Phins.

I also might hold a grudge against McCleon for being beat in the Super Bowl in the corner of the end zone against the Patriots, but Dre Bly was far better and so was the guy McCleon replaced in Todd Lyght.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I enjoyed the interview as always @jakebogen95 just is outstanding and I look forward to each guest and McCleon is very affable, however, back in 1997 when the Rams were on the clock in the 2nd round and everyone knew Rams would go CB, I preferred Sam Madison out of Louisville. McCleon had switch to Corner from QB at Clemson and had only played the position for two years in college, Madison had played it his whole life, McCleon was faster, but I felt Madison was a more natural CB with better ball skills and I was right as Madison was a shut down All Pro Corner for the Phins.

I also might hold a grudge against McCleon for being beat in the Super Bowl in the corner of the end zone against the Patriots, but Dre Bly was far better and so was the guy McCleon replaced in Todd Lyght.
I loved McCleon and I was really happy I got to interview him. Thank you so much for listening. I remember Sam Madison. I know most guys my age look at me like how do you know guys like Kwammie Lassiter, Sam Madison, Shaun Springs and so fourth but the truth is I followed at a ridiculous pace even back when I was 4 years old. Football spoke to me, sports spoke to me. I used to know every player on every roster every year in MLB, NBA and NFL. Now, it's just football haha

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
but the truth is I followed at a ridiculous pace even back when I was 4 years old. Football spoke to me, sports spoke to me. I used to know every player on every roster every year in MLB, NBA and NFL. Now, it's just football haha

Me too and it is fortunate you are following your passion,I did to a degree being passionate about sports & history and a Director of Training & Development does encapsulate many of the skills I was able to acquire throughout the years, but I never had to opportunity to devote full time to sports or coaching, but I guess I did not have the guts like some coaches & football executives that lived out of their car (Charlie Casserly) before they made any money.

You're an old sole and I was too back then and when I have the opportunity to converse with the younger generation and I reference something that happen before their time and they chime in...."Well, I was born in the 90's." My response is, "Well, I was born after the Civil War, but I can still talk intelligently about it."

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Me too and it is fortunate you are following your passion,I did to a degree being passionate about sports & history and a Director of Training & Development does encapsulate many of the skills I was able to acquire throughout the years, but I never had to opportunity to devote full time to sports or coaching, but I guess I did not have the guts like some coaches & football executives that lived out of their car (Charlie Casserly) before they made any money.

You're an old sole and I was too back then and when I have the opportunity to converse with the younger generation and I reference something that happen before their time and they chime in...."Well, I was born in the 90's." My response is, "Well, I was born after the Civil War, but I can still talk intelligently about it."
I love it. Btw you have two more Throwback Thursday pods recorded. Be ready my friend!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I love it. Btw you have two more Throwback Thursday pods recorded. Be ready my friend!
giphy.gif