Threw my back out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Got up from sleeping and the back was pinching a bit. Not bad...

Then getting into my daughter's car, it slipped out. You know...bad enough I was feeling tingling in my feet and legs and it felt like I was being stabbed in the kidneys...

It's getting better little by little, but dang is it inconvenient.

I don't have the money for a chiro (I do see one every three weeks at the VA) or a massage, but at least I'm able to rest it.

And yeah, I learned my lesson from those other times and I'm trying to constantly move it little bits... to keep it lose and relax the muscles a bit.

I made the mistake of eating an entire Honeycrisp apple... these are sweet, juicy and just a hint tangy... like Gala or Fuji apples... but the size of grapefruit. NO exaggeration. Ate the whole thing. I need my stomach to be full when I take opiates and I took the last of my hydrocodone. It was THAT bad.

Bout 40 minutes later... I'm screaming to the fam while kicking my legs like a turtle to try to get up off of our new (to us) sectional...because it's UNWISE to eat more than a pound of apple at one time. Barely made it... Wife helped me get up.

My youngest son, otoh, was laughing too hard to help. I guess I painted a heckuva picture...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Mine goes out maybe once or twice a year.

I purchased a back brace from Walgreens... it straps around your waist and you can tighten it with 2 separate velcro straps very very tightly. When I put that baby on, I'm able to at least move around the house on my own without the debilitating pain. It was cheap and it works better than I could have imagined.

I keep one in my truck now just in case my back decides to go out sometime when I'm not at home.

I hate muscle relaxers... but I will take them when my back gets jacked. They help way more than the pain killers.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm SO glad I don't have back issues (knock on wood) because I have seen many people suffer from them.

It might be the only thing worse that feet that are damaged or problematic.

I purchased a back brace from Walgreens... it straps around your waist and you can tighten it with 2 separate velcro straps very very tightly. When I put that baby on, I'm able to at least move around the house on my own without the debilitating pain. It was cheap and it works better than I could have imagined.

I used one of those many years ago when I fucked up a rib. What a relief it was!!!

My rib was SO bad that everything hurt. Standing up and sitting down were hellish, coughing, eating, taking a shit (especially!!!) everything that involved movement hurt so much.

It was a harsh several weeks but that contraption made it easier.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut

Then getting into my daughter's car, it slipped out. You know...bad enough I was feeling tingling in my feet and legs and it felt like I was being stabbed in the kidneys...

I don't have the money for a chiro (I do see one every three weeks at the VA) or a massage, but at least I'm able to rest it.

And yeah, I learned my lesson from those other times and I'm trying to constantly move it little bits... to keep it lose and relax the muscles a bit.

I made the mistake of eating an entire Honeycrisp apple... these are sweet, juicy and just a hint tangy... like Gala or Fuji apples... but the size of grapefruit. NO exaggeration. Ate the whole thing. I need my stomach to be full when I take opiates and I took the last of my hydrocodone. It was THAT bad.

Bout 40 minutes later... I'm screaming to the fam while kicking my legs like a turtle to try to get up off of our new (to us) sectional...because it's UNWISE to eat more than a pound of apple at one time. Barely made it... Wife helped me get up.

My youngest son, otoh, was laughing too hard to help. I guess I painted a heckuva picture...
I hope you recover quickly :yay:and when appropriate laugh at your son.:ROFLMAO:

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I'm SO glad I don't have back issues (knock on wood) because I have seen many people suffer from them.

I used one of those many years ago when I freaked up a rib. What a relief it was!!!

My rib was SO bad that everything hurt. Standing up and sitting down were hellish, coughing, eating, taking a crap (especially!!!) everything that involved movement hurt so much.

It was a harsh several weeks but that contraption made it easier.
I broke ribs on each side. Every breath was painful. I can't imagine coughing.:eek:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I broke ribs on each side. Every breath was painful. I can't imagine coughing.:eek:

I was at the time still a smoker so it was a completely shitty thing to go through.

Not as bad as e-coli, and I got that. Obviously not the fatal kind but the next worst to it. Baboon butt.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Use an exercise foam roller. Underneath your leg and roll on it until your back tightens up. Will help stretch out the muscle and mute the pain for a few minutes. Speeds up recovery by a day or two.

In the old man club and throw mine out once or twice a year too.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The_7_Greatest_Health_Risks_at_Work_3.gif

:love:

bluecoconuts

Legend

I got issues with my back, knees, and ankles, it really sucks, especially when my leg is giving me issues and I have a noticeable limp.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I've had back problems for years, the best $100 I ever spent was for an inversion table. After about 5 epidurals my Dr. suggested acupuncture, I did that for about a yr. But that inversion table is the greatest piece of equipment I have ever purchased. Hope you recover quickly, back pain sucks.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I’m chiming in on this thread because I just reinjured my lower back a week ago...not able to get through the day without Advil, lately.

I’ll second what Ramball said, above. I injured my lower back about ten years ago, and an inversion table (Teeter) seemed to help. (Was it placebo or actually therapeutic? I’m not sure, but it felt good. Also, I like the notion that widening the space around the disc would improve blood flow). My wife sold our Teeter a few years ago, but if my current back injury lingers on I’ll get another one.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Back pain is the worse, but I've only had to deal with spasms. I get them bad sometimes, but they heal.

Get well, Mac.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Feeling for you brother. My back is one of the reasons I can't do Jiu-Jitsu anymore. Every time I train, the second I start twisting my body, I am laid up for a couple of weeks.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was similar for me except it was my shoulder. LOVE BJJ. My body? Not so much.

As for this back, because other stuff led to some weight gain, think I might have to see the Chiro...

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Feeling for you brother. My back is one of the reasons I can't do Jiu-Jitsu anymore. Every time I train, the second I start twisting my body, I am laid up for a couple of weeks.

Was similar for me except it was my shoulder. LOVE BJJ. My body? Not so much.

As for this back, because other stuff led to some weight gain, think I might have to see the Chiro...

Similar problem here. I started getting into judo for a while, but it's terribly violent and not made for unskilled 30 year olds with joint problems. I had to quit.