Three Plays That Defined the Rams’ 34-31 Loss to the Cowboys /Stalter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
avg sports fans (ie, homers) always have an excuse for something. its disgusting really. and, im assuming you will ban me for voicing my opinion?
Voice away.

However, I think if we regularly complained here about the refs you'd have a really good point. But this game and SB36 were in the extreme, and I believe merit further discussion, and complaint.

I for one am mad as hell about what's happened to the NFL and how some teams are targeted. For me, it's become quite clear that there is a stable bias, and that the Rams are one of the teams on the negative side of that bias.

The league has become cavalier in its arrogance to manipulate in anyway it sees fit, and that's bad for everyone involved and can only end poorly. I really hope they figure it out, but I'm not hopeful given the personalty-types involved and their current trajectory.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There is no doubt the refs screwed the Rams. And hopefully Fish has sent a formal complaint of some kind to NY.

But all that aside the Rams' defense is the problem here. They were spotted a 21 point lead. They are supposed to be the identity of this team, its strength. Instead, they were a liability. Now, granted, the Cowboys have a legit playoff level offense. But STILL... This defense needs to start playing the way they're supposed to in their third year under a defensive head coach with loads of draft picks invested.

I think it's gonna get better. But these guys need to hurry the F up in terms of settling into this scheme and executing wtf they are supposed to be executing.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Voicing your opinion and just being a jerk are two different things. I guess we're all homers in your opinion. You can get your point across in other ways without coming off so condescending. Most don't blame games on refs but the Dallas game was pretty freaking bad. I would think most would admit that even if you don't want to throw direct blame at them.

I doubt any father here would tell there son it was all the refs, but I wouldn't never have an issue telling him they certainly didn't help.

Exactly, dr. You don't have to be a smarmy dickhole.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I keep saying this, but despite the dropped td and botched snap the offense did its part to win the game. I can say with confidence that the defense did not. Had they shown up, those two offensive mistakes with a couple of blown calls wouldn't have made a difference.
This is the correct response.
Asking THIS offense to score 40+ points is silly.
Only a bad defense gives up a 3TD lead at home.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
This bothers me to my core. I'm really starting to think this game is rigged and there's no point in watching. I'm tired of seeing us haveing to beat the opponent and the refs week in and out. Last week was the same dam thing...

drpugilist

if my son played in a league where the refs did what they did in that dallas game (or SB36), I would yank him from that league and find another one. He doesn't have to play in a world of unfair rules, that's the lesson that I would want him to learn.

really? the world is full of fairness? if you dont get your way or think that things are going against you because of something you have no control of, you pick up your ball and go home? i would never instill that "value" in my kids.

drpugilist

I know your board name suggests you like to fight but you're starting to sound like Bill Simmons aren't you? How'd that turn out?

im not a big espn fan first of all. and second, im not much of a fighter. although i used to be as an amateur.

drpugilist

Voicing your opinion and just being a jerk are two different things. I guess we're all homers in your opinion. You can get your point across in other ways without coming off so condescending. Most don't blame games on refs but the Dallas game was pretty freaking bad. I would think most would admit that even if you don't want to throw direct blame at them.

I doubt any father here would tell there son it was all the refs, but I wouldn't never have an issue telling him they certainly didn't help.

i do agree that the officiating was pretty bad but i would never blame that on why my team lost a game.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
LIFE is unfair, people. It's funny because I guarantee Cowboys fans were crying about the officiating when they were down 21. It's a 2-way street.
You think that with all the drama and scandal going on with the NFL right now they can afford to add crooked refs and fixed games to the mix?? The NFL is going to be on their best behavior for the foreseeable future.

Chalk the loss up to a young team who got ahead early and forgot the game was 60 minutes long. That's on the coaches. Myself and a few others in the gameday chat room and thread even mentioned that the team needed to sustain that energy and keep attacking. They let up and went away from what was working and it cost them.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
really? the world is full of fairness? if you dont get your way or think that things are going against you because of something you have no control of, you pick up your ball and go home? i would never instill that "value" in my kids.
The world is what you make it. And yes, I don't play with people who don't play fair. And I don't want my kids to either. They don't have to subject themselves to other people's rules they don't like. They can organize their own friends, sports, businesses, and determine a set of rules that is works for the participants that they want to play with.

But yeah, the world is not full of fairness, mostly because people allow it to be that way. They think they have to submit to the unfairness. Well, they don't.

I think ultimately there's plenty of blame to go around, O made mistake, D was horrible, and the refs sucked, if you change one of the major plays in any facet of the game the Rams win, so the loss wasn't all on the refs, but the refs were responsible for the loss, just as the O was, just as the D was, just as Fisher was.

Alan

Legend
drpugilist not really addressing the issue:
im not a big espn fan first of all. and second, im not much of a fighter. although i used to be as an amateur.
If you're worried about getting banned and state the worry publicly one of two things is happening. Either you're coming from a board that sucks and bringing your paranoia with you. In which case you shouldn't be worried. Or, you're doing something here that has you worried and maybe a little self reflection is in order.

Or, you're just paranoid.

Yeah, that's three things but it's early. :LOL:

Last edited:

drpugilist

If you're worried about getting banned and state the worry publicly one of two things is happening. Either you're coming from a board that sucks and bringing your paranoia with you. In which case you shouldn't be worried. Or, you're doing something here that has you worried and maybe a little self reflection is in order.

Or, you're just paranoid.

Yeah, that's three things but it's early. :LOL:

i didnt bring up being banned in refernce to your post. that was toward someone who was name calling which i didnt think was allowed here. and fyi the reason i brought up being banned is because ive recd a few pms warning me abt what i could and couldnt say. and which i understand now. it has zilch to do with paranoia. back on topic, im confused why you mention that i didnt reply to your post or avoided anything you said. you mention bill simmons, i said im not much of an espn fan. you mention my username suggests fighting, i said never as a pro only amateur. what did i miss?

Alan

Legend
drpugilist telling me something I knew:
i didnt bring up being banned in refernce to your post. that was toward someone who was name calling which i didnt think was allowed here. and fyi the reason i brought up being banned is because ive recd a few pms warning me abt what i could and couldnt say. and which i understand now. it has zilch to do with paranoia. back on topic, im confused why you mention that i didnt reply to your post or avoided anything you said. you mention bill simmons, i said im not much of an espn fan. you mention my username suggests fighting, i said never as a pro only amateur. what did i miss?
My original resonse to you was all about your banning comment. The reference to Simmons had nothing to do with ESPN and everything to do with daring your boss to do something about your behavior. I just assumed you had read that thread.

Here's the thread. You should read it but the bottom line is don't poke a sleeping bear, your boss or the mods. :LOL: They wound up suspending him for 3 weeks.
An Open Letter to NFL Owners

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
avg sports fans (ie, homers) always have an excuse for something. its disgusting really. and, im assuming you will ban me for voicing my opinion?

You're still here aren't you? No one gets banned for voicing their opinion. However, sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it.

Exactly, dr. You don't have to be a smarmy dickhole.

Not cool. :palm:

i didnt bring up being banned in refernce to your post. that was toward someone who was name calling which i didnt think was allowed here.

Wrong! Your first reference to being banned was on page 1 to RamzFans who posted "Which was also a missed call." How is that name calling?