This team is on the verge.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
So you know how we're under the radar, right? I just read a Squawk fan post pertaining to the schedule prediction contest. He wanted to extend the contest to Bradford.

He said they should extend the contest to what week Sam tears his shoulder and what week we're eliminated from contention. He answered week 4 and 8 HAHA!!! That's painfully funny.

Seriously, we don't get any slack for failing because we've been failing for over ten straight seasons, now. Would that abysmal prediction really surprises anyone, though? It tore a heart through my arse when it happened last year. I beleive in this team greatly, may go to 5 games next year, but holy dam we need some real results.

I do agree we will go as far as Sam takes us. I think he needs Watkins more than Robinson, too. We can draft a stud LG in the second round... or with our second pick.

Yes that prediction would surprise me...mainly as it's mathematically impossible.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Oh dont get me wrong, I dont think he is perfect and I have my own issues with the way he plays/things he can do better. I just dont like when people make lofty claims like the rams wont get over the hump with Bradford at qb without supporting that claim in anyway.

But agree, I too wish he took more shots down field, but I think that has more to do with his WR's than his ability. Its one the reasons I want the rams to select Mike Evans.

Dead on.

When Givens was getting open Bradford had no problem going deep.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I thought last year during the Colts Bears and Saints games ,this is what these guys will look like once they become consistent which comes with experience,so yeah ,I applaud the Fisher and Snead focusing mostly on keeping this bunch together in FA and not getting impatient,we're young ,we're on the verge and when we do emerge I think it will be sustainable

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Rams have what it takes to move forward. Very Solid to (some) Great players at OT, DT, LB and DE. Corners with talent, who are developing (we hope)...2 cover linebackers. A very accurate quarterback, good running game and playmakers like: Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, Robert Quinn, Janoris Jenkins, Alec Ogletree. They have some 'bench' guys like Brian Quick/Chris Givens who can create some match up problems as a 3rd-4th WR. (Personally, I would trade Chris Givens to a team need a deep threat who will give us a high 4h---ooops another subject)

Gregg Williams has Janoris, Ogletree, Robert Quinn and Chris Long. He never had four players on his defense who could turn a game with one play.

Stedman and Tavon will take some big steps up on 3rd down. Quick made a few plays here and there last year...if he makes 1 every other game that alone will be a big upgrade.I think even players like Jared Cook, who may never get better, will continue to contribute here and there---and if you look at some of their wins (texans, cardinals) he made some big plays at the right time in the game. I don't think the offense revolves around him, but to have him as your 4th or 5th guy to turn to on 3rd down is good. The screen game will be a big thing now that they have Stacey. Stacey understands pass protection, routes and that is something that Frank Gore never had. The Rams have some serious talent.

A lot of playoff teams, ALOT, have not had a quarterback as good as Sam Bradford (going back the last 20 years). I do believe Bradford is too conservative, and hope that this is the year he starts to sling it at the 'right time'. The last three games he played in 2014 he was slinging it. Kerry Collins was a guy who could throw an accurate ball, but wasn't so smart....and with the right team he could be very successful. People are bitter about Bradfords $50MM bonus and have never 'judged' him accurately. When Tony Romo keeps going 8-8 with more talent than the Rams and Romo is pro bowl talent, then what happens when Bradford gets a tight end like Witten and Dez Bryant.....

Through the draft the rams will find: a left guard, a safety, another corner for sure. Fisher knows this. I also believe the Rams will get a playmaking/blocking
tight end in this draft with an 'extra' pick from the RGmimi trade. This NFC west will be like the NFC East from 1985 to 1995. There will be some players who 'sink' and some players who 'explode'. What teams have a guy like Tavon and Stedman (in addition to bit players like Cook, Quick).

My prediction is 21-22 wins in 2014-15. (10-6, 11-5 or so).

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The Rams have what it takes to move forward. Very Solid to (some) Great players at OT, DT, LB and DE. Corners with talent, who are developing (we hope)...2 cover linebackers. A very accurate quarterback, good running game and playmakers like: Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, Robert Quinn, Janoris Jenkins, Alec Ogletree. They have some 'bench' guys like Brian Quick/Chris Givens who can create some match up problems as a 3rd-4th WR. (Personally, I would trade Chris Givens to a team need a deep threat who will give us a high 4h---ooops another subject)

Gregg Williams has Janoris, Ogletree, Robert Quinn and Chris Long. He never had four players on his defense who could turn a game with one play.

Stedman and Tavon will take some big steps up on 3rd down. Quick made a few plays here and there last year...if he makes 1 every other game that alone will be a big upgrade.I think even players like Jared Cook, who may never get better, will continue to contribute here and there---and if you look at some of their wins (texans, cardinals) he made some big plays at the right time in the game. I don't think the offense revolves around him, but to have him as your 4th or 5th guy to turn to on 3rd down is good. The screen game will be a big thing now that they have Stacey. Stacey understands pass protection, routes and that is something that Frank Gore never had. The Rams have some serious talent.

A lot of playoff teams, ALOT, have not had a quarterback as good as Sam Bradford (going back the last 20 years). I do believe Bradford is too conservative, and hope that this is the year he starts to sling it at the 'right time'. The last three games he played in 2014 he was slinging it. Kerry Collins was a guy who could throw an accurate ball, but wasn't so smart....and with the right team he could be very successful. People are bitter about Bradfords $50MM bonus and have never 'judged' him accurately. When Tony Romo keeps going 8-8 with more talent than the Rams and Romo is pro bowl talent, then what happens when Bradford gets a tight end like Witten and Dez Bryant.....

Through the draft the rams will find: a left guard, a safety, another corner for sure. Fisher knows this. I also believe the Rams will get a playmaking/blocking
tight end in this draft with an 'extra' pick from the RGmimi trade. This NFC west will be like the NFC East from 1985 to 1995. There will be some players who 'sink' and some players who 'explode'. What teams have a guy like Tavon and Stedman (in addition to bit players like Cook, Quick).

My prediction is 21-22 wins in 2014-15. (10-6, 11-5 or so).

Agreed, and you should post more often. :cheers:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I think this it the year we break the playoff drought! What I want to know however, is who the heck predicted we'd go 0-16 in the current poll? Not funny...:wtf:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
The D is there. As you say the ST is there.

If Sam sucks/is injured we suck. Sam plays like the last 3 games of last season we're playoff bound.
The D is most definitely not there yet. IMO, we need to upgrade at OLB, FS and CB.

They can compete and they are a strength, but secondary and offensive line, at least regarding a starting guard position and depth are the two greatest weaknesses this team has.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Biggest key can the offense put the ball in the end zone. The defense is gonna big sick no doubt. Brafdford and co. needs to raise to scoring average to 24.5 pts a game. Still concerned about the piss poor o coordinator rams have.

The D is most definitely not there yet. IMO, we need to upgrade at OLB, FS and CB.

They can compete and they are a strength, but secondary and offensive line, at least regarding a starting guard position and depth are the two greatest weaknesses this team has.

I don't know what your definition of "there" is? Top 6 over the last 12 games easily falls under my definition of "there" and that's with a crappy secondary, sort that out, and we're even more "there".

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Rams were top 6 (in yard or points?) in the last 12 games--as compared to the rest of the NFL? Is this true? I don't believe it.

fearsomefour

Legend
I had the Rams for 6-7 wins last year. The division is brutal and the team is still young. There are certainly reasons to be optimistic, however, with the team being so uneven last year it tough for me to start throwing around playoff talk. Yes, the Rams would do well in the AFC East....but the NFC West is a different animal.
We finished last in the division last year. SF and Seattle have not gotten better, Arizona has. The Rams probably need at minimum a 3 win jump to really contend in the playoffs. It's possible. Just as possible we are 8 wins.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I don't know what your definition of "there" is? Top 6 over the last 12 games easily falls under my definition of "there" and that's with a crappy secondary, sort that out, and we're even more "there".
Yeah, well I just don't agree with your definition of "there" man.

Seriously, playing mostly press coverage I think we'll be fine drafting the right corner early returning immediate dividends in Williams' scheme. And for the most part it's obvious that it plays well into our existing personnel. In that regard you can have a problem solved before the season even starts.

The weak link is still safety as he's going to want to play both in deep zone coverage. You can argue that our best safety right now is McDonald, and he's known for his play in the box. This is just an area that I think we would be much better served with veteran play, and developing one could take time.