This one is in honor of our UK fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Love you guys! (y) Glad you're here with us. It's a Saints fan but no one's perfect. :) Click the link below to watch the video.
*********************************************************************************
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/27/nfl-uk-24-hours-saints-fan-london-wembley-stadium

24 Hours With ... a UK NFL Fan
Can the NFL thrive across the pond? We spent game day with a die-hard NFL fan from Lancashire in the northwest of England as he made the 240-mile trek to London to see his beloved Saints take on the Dolphins
By Max Whittle

indianapolis-colts-vs-jacksonville-jaguars-nfl-international-series-2016-59b88cf9aec81b4e2412556cbab2bc49.jpg

The NFL wants the UK, badly—but does the UK want the NFL? Skeptics who question the league’s popularity overseas are facing mounting evidence that American football is indeed catching on, developing a growing and avid army of supporters in Britain.

All but one of the NFL’s games in London since the start of the International Series in 2007 have sold out (quickly), and the league says 82% of ticket-buyers are UK residents, while only 3% are American ex-pats or U.S. tourists.

To gauge the passion for the game in the UK, we followed diehard Saints fan Dan Nightingale of St. Ann’s on Sea, Lancashire, as he made the nearly 500-mile round trip to London on October 1 to see New Orleans take on the Dolphins at Wembley Stadium.

Can an NFL franchise flourish in the UK? That’s yet to be determined. But there’s no question that, for fans like Dan and many others, the American game is already a big part of their lives.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
UK fans are amongst the most knowledgable anywhere. The yanks we spoke to in London couldn’t believe how much we knew about the rams and the sport. Hell, two of the fans who’d come from LA didn’t know/remember who Craig Dahl was.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
UK fans are amongst the most knowledgable anywhere. The yanks we spoke to in London couldn’t believe how much we knew about the rams and the sport. Hell, two of the fans who’d come from LA didn’t know/remember who Craig Dahl was.
They obviously weren't RoD members. Dumb fans everywhere.

I was in the airport in Charlotte NC last month and Seahawks vs Colts Sunday night football was playing so went over to the bar that had a nice big screen showing it and had a beer and to watch while waiting for my delayed flight. There was this nice woman sitting at the bar rooting big time for the Hawks and making idle chat and asking who everyone wanted to win. I of course said the Colts. She didn't ask why or anything like I expected. It was later I understood why.

Later on a kick off/punt, can't quite remember, the returner kneeled and she asked why he did that and what it meant.. She had no idea what a touchback was. Blew mind mind someone would root so much for a team and not know something like that.

As for not knowing who Craig Dahl was.....I wish I didn't know either.....count them lucky!!!

:cheers: for the over the pond support brother!!! Rams for life baby!!!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It stupid how knowledgeable some of us European fans are

I mean I watch sky sports and I know more about the game and teams playing than some of the “experts” on there and they pull out ex NFL players ... I mean they may be dumbing it down for some fans but damn it’s annoying

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
They obviously weren't RoD members. Dumb fans everywhere.

I was in the airport in Charlotte NC last month and Seahawks vs Colts Sunday night football was playing so went over to the bar that had a nice big screen showing it and had a beer and to watch while waiting for my delayed flight. There was this nice woman sitting at the bar rooting big time for the Hawks and making idle chat and asking who everyone wanted to win. I of course said the Colts. She didn't ask why or anything like I expected. It was later I understood why.

Later on a kick off/punt, can't quite remember, the returner kneeled and she asked why he did that and what it meant.. She had no idea what a touchback was. Blew mind mind someone would root so much for a team and not know something like that.

As for not knowing who Craig Dahl was.....I wish I didn't know either.....count them lucky!!!

:cheers: for the over the pond support brother!!! Rams for life baby!!!
I think you just summed up Seagull fans everywhere.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
It stupid how knowledgeable some of us European fans are

I mean I watch sky sports and I know more about the game and teams playing than some of the “experts” on there and they pull out ex NFL players ... I mean they may be dumbing it down for some fans but damn it’s annoying

It works both ways too
There are some serious ELP fans here inthe USA
Thank goodness the English announcers give us a bit more credit for understanding the game
Some of us remember the Craig Dahl of soccer Niles Ranger

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
I was approached by Max Whittle who produced that video and sent him an audition video but heard nothing back from him.

I honestly cringed when he sent the link to that video.

Jeez, we could have had some great footage of a UK Rams fan on gameday instead of that 'aints fan :-(

Next time I'll try and audition better.