This offense needs some TLC too..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams have gone nuts on the defensive side of the ball - guys in, guys out, Peters/Talib/Suh. Franchise tag for Joyner. Re-signed NRC.

Aside from re-signing Sullivan, who is just a few years removed from back injuries, the Rams have largely ignored the offensive side of the ball.

Goff/Woods/Kupp can all realistically improve - either because they're young or the chemistry will be even better.

But there will be some issues IMO:

Gurley - he's young, so he can get better, right?!? Gurley had about the best season a RB can have, and historically (I know this thanks to fantasy football), RBs rarely repeat such a performance. Gurley will still be a huge part of the offense, but impossible for him to perform better IMO.

OL - health, health, health - we've talked about it before - no possible way we have this much luck with injuries to the OL next year, and two of the guys are pretty old.

Reynolds, Cooper, Higbee, Everett, Tavon - unknowns at this point - if we do nothing on offense, we need one of the WRs and one of the TEs to step up in a big way - that would hopefully be Reynolds and Everett - but counting on that to happen for a team with super bowl aspirations doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies..

So what does this mean? Look, I like our offense. But it needs DEPTH and insurance. While LB is a need, IMO we need to snag a WR and a few offensive linemen to supplement our offense. Preferably with the early picks if the board falls that way.

The offense struggled mightily against top flight defenses, and those are the teams we will have to go through. Goff improving should help us a lot, but I don't want to take any chances. If it fell this way:

1. WR
3. OLB
4. OL
4. OL

I would be ecstatic.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't want a reach in round 1. If they go BPA the chances of it being defense are very, very high.

Only offense types I think might be in play are OT Miller and TE Gesicki. Who, IMO, would both be reaches at 23.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like they'll get it--when they trade for obj

jjab360

Legend
the player you failed to mention, Mike Thomas, played better than all of these guys....
Yeah, but he plays for the Saints so...

Dad jokes aside, how did a guy who had 93 yards last year play better than any of those guys?

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
This is a great point. It's like some people forget McVay is an offensive coach. Every other sentence that comes out of his mouth is literally "Cant have enough offensive weapons." I dont think the Rams will place all their eggs in a basket relying soley on second year leaps from Everett and Reynolds. They went after Eiffert and Burton already in FA. With FA thinning out I think they will find a way to find another weapon through trade or the draft. DJ Moore OBJ Im looking at you.

I also think people are underrating the effect Watkins loss will have on the offense. Watkins played nearly every snap and his deep threat ability was key to opening up things for Kupp and Wood. Woods and Kupp didnt have to face number one CBs for the most part and Watkins going deep opened things up for them in the short and intermediate part of the field. IMO another top flight offensive weapon whether that's a TE or WR is right up there with edge rusher in terms of need.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000901265/49ers-vs-Rams-highlights-Week-17

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/F...-Week-17/7b58d96a-de8d-42b0-95db-d75daca04f3e

View: https://youtu.be/36j_PxlzrNA

Bad jokes aside, how did a guy who had 93 yards last year play better than any of those guys?
Man, it's hard to find OUR Mike Thomas...the other one had 2 td's against us????

Looking through these vids.....all I see is Garapollo:eek:....and I know Mike had a decent game...one of the few bright spots in our offense the last 2 games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201712310ram.htm

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I have a feeling the offense will take a slight step back. Maybe hover around 25 ppg.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Offense won't need to score 30 ppg if the defense is improved .

Need another wr but no need to reach early. I trust Mcvay in developing Recievers. Kupp played great , Reynolds should be stronger and better this year .

Or we can trade for obj?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
The Rams have gone nuts on the defensive side of the ball - guys in, guys out, Peters/Talib/Suh. Franchise tag for Joyner. Re-signed NRC.

Aside from re-signing Sullivan, who is just a few years removed from back injuries, the Rams have largely ignored the offensive side of the ball.

Goff/Woods/Kupp can all realistically improve - either because they're young or the chemistry will be even better.

Gurley - he's young, so he can get better, right?!? Gurley had about the best season a RB can have, and historically (I know this thanks to fantasy football), RBs rarely repeat such a performance. Gurley will still be a huge part of the offense, but impossible for him to perform better IMO.

OL - health, health, health - we've talked about it before - no possible way we have this much luck with injuries to the OL next year, and two of the guys are pretty old.

Reynolds, Cooper, Higbee, Everett, Tavon - unknowns at this point - if we do nothing on offense, we need one of the WRs and one of the TEs to step up in a big way - that would hopefully be Reynolds and Everett - but counting on that to happen for a team with super bowl aspirations doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies..

So what does this mean? Look, I like our offense. But it needs DEPTH and insurance. While LB is a need, IMO we need to snag a WR and a few offensive linemen to supplement our offense. Preferably with the early picks if the board falls that way.

The offense struggled mightily against top flight defenses, and those are the teams we will have to go through. Goff improving should help us a lot, but I don't want to take any chances. If it fell this way:

1. WR
3. OLB
4. OL
4. OL

I would be ecstatic.
I don't know if I would want to draft a backup WR before a starting OLB. And we're going to have to draft a starting OLB.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I can't help it.

xJKlvyW.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

1. WR
3. OLB
4. OL
4. OL

I would be ecstatic.
I would change this^ to:

1) LB (ILB or OLB)
3) WR
4) OL
4) OL

JMHO!;)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I also think people are underrating the effect Watkins loss will have on the offense.

This scares me, too.

Maybe I am too damaged from years of makeshift WR groups... But, I don’t want to see that again.

And while I love McVay, it’s a mistake to assume he can put together a playoff caliber offense with no matter who we plug in there.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have a feeling the offense will take a slight step back. Maybe hover around 25 ppg.
You may be right, But I think we will be giving up a lot Fewer points thanks to Suh-Perters-Talib-DONALD and company!!(y):D;):mrburnsevil:

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't know if I would want to draft a backup WR before a starting OLB. And we're going to have to draft a starting OLB.
I only see a woods on outside and Kupp in slot.... we still need a other starting outside receiver.... I wouldn't trust that Reynolds or Mike drops Thomas is ready

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would have no problem going OLine in round 1 if the right value/player was there.
True enough, but we could trade down and still get a pretty good one! I'm starting to think Orlando Brown is going to fall out of the 1st round!

But I also like:
* McGlinchey - Notre Dame
* Wynn - Georgia
* Cappa - Humboldt
* Quessenberry - UCLA