This is a second tier team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
1st off, if Kupp catches that pass, the whole mood of the board would be totally different. Kool-Aid or not, I didn't expect to go from 4 - 12 to an undefeated Super Bowl Champion this year (possible, but not probable). I wanted to at least be in the playoff race----despite the 2 losses we are; I wanted to see what Goff could do if he had a good line and with a legitimate offense-----was he a bust or a franchise qb-----he's a franchise qb; I wanted some respect from the pundits-----we get it now. We've not only accomplished these things, but also a lot more-----no more SOSAR-----and all of this has taken place in ONLY 5 weeks of the season. Actually we're way ahead of schedule; we have a lot more season left, and our best football is ahead of us!!!!! We have not played our best yet; who cares if you go undefeated in the regular season------gotta make and win in the playoffs to be the Champion. Our season is not over because we have 2 losses; competitive losses at that. We just played our WORST game of the season, against a nfl playoff-caliber team, and the game goes down to the last play-----we're a playoff caliber team.
Finally I'll say this; there's a level of play that teams usually play to-----that happens about 70% of the time, 15% of the time you play above that------everything goes right, breaks/ref calls/great, super plays are made, you get a bigtime contribution from a relative unknown player, that type of thing; and then you have that 15% of the time where nothing goes right------it's just not your day------that's what happened yesterday. We will bounce back and we will continue on an upward trend and this ride we're on will still go our way.

The Ramowl

Starter
To me that team is still young, not because hte players are, but because (almost) none of them have been in winning, dominant teams. That matters because they are not used to be in the driver's seat.
I had that feeling at home when we were 10-0 (despite missing 7 on the first drive) of "hey, this is easy", and I feel like the players had the same thought, because that was when we started to decline : mid way through the 2nd quarter.Before we knew it, it was 10-10 and half time.
Now they have learned a lesson as a group, Gurley has learned a lesson with that fumble, I hope Sammy learned a lesson about half assing routes, etc.

Looking a the schedule, I see a 10-6 record. If I was a Seahawks fan I would be very anxious about the rematch in Seattle, which will probably decide who wins that division.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
The 1981 49ers started off 3-2 and were not viewed as a serious playoff quailifier at the time. They had no running game much of the year. Just comparing starts and expectations, not long term results obviously. But there it is and that's why I don't refer to the Rams as "any tier" at this point of the season. Which is why weekly and quarterly power ratings don't mean jack and just refer to a small in-the-moment sample size. The baseball cardinals were chastized in their pd forum throughout the 2007-something season and ended up winning it all. So I'm not quick to make judgements this early.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
An NFL offense is the most difficult unit in sports to get going consistently.

I keep saying that there will be ups and downs.
That's all we're seeing.

One somewhat down game does not a seasoned make.
We will improve and be more consistent - no doubt in my mind.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't think he's been out-coached in the sense you're describing it. I mean, using that rationale, Bill Bellyfat has been out-coached twice now too. Sometimes players just don't execute.
And I think this is what we all saw Sunday.

The fumble by Gurley, the fumble by TA, the quit by Sammy - those and more were purely execution errors that can't be put on coaching. I suppose you could make an argument that Sammy isn't being used enough and that is why he figured the ball wasn't coming his way but I would say that is a bogus argument.

Bottom line is that this team looks and plays like a team that can win any game if they play solid football. They didn't on Sunday and we gave the shecocks a W. I think this team will only get better at executing and still have a very good chance at the playoffs and even going deep in them. It seems that most teams are a bit shaky and the Rams are no different. But playing like we have with essentially everything about the offense and defense being new, I'm liking what I see for our future.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The game against the Cowboys had me for the first time actually exhausted after the game
That's how I was Sunday... I'd long forgotten what it's like to sit there watching... my heart rate probably going through the roof.

This is probably not a good thing at this point in my life (getting up there) but I liiiiike it! (picture Gruden here)

The mere fact that they are there... every game... slugging it out... is enough for me at this point.

Yes, I expect continued improvement... but I am satisfied with what they are at this particular point in time. Consider how far ahead of last they've come!

(disclaimer: I reserve the right to become disgruntled at either ownership, coaching, players or mascots in the weeks ahead solely at my discretion).

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Before the season, I had this team anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7 and considered that improvement.

Rams are ahead of my forecast and I am enjoying games.

I see about 4 tiers. They've moved out of the bottom 8 and are pushing to Tier 2 ahead of schedule.

In my opinion only.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Pete had the refs at his dispense that day. I was starting to wonder if Pete was on Steratore's crew, and actually coaching the SeaHags on autopilot while shadowing the Zebra army.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Finally I'll say this; there's a level of play that teams usually play to-----that happens about 70% of the time, 15% of the time you play above that------everything goes right, breaks/ref calls/great, super plays are made

gogoat1

Starter
Name
Troy
What would you say if the Rams had won the game, Gurly pokes that ball over the line or he does not hit the pylon when he fumbles and Rams win.
Simple as that. This particular game did prove the old adage " its a game of inches".

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Weather people want to hear it or not this is a young team with a young coach that is learning how to win and finish games. This loss will tell us what the Rams are made of; will they pull together and grow from this loss or will they crumble. " It's like when someone walks up and punches you in the mouth. Do you stand up and start throwing punches or to you lie down and die?" More will be revealed.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What would you say if the Rams had won the game, Gurly pokes that ball over the line or he does not hit the pylon when he fumbles and Rams win.
Simple as that. This particular game did prove the old adage " its a game of inches".
Yeah, it is crazy how many plays can change a game... that's why it's frustrating when fans and the media try to center in one play.

Every play is critical. The ones where they fail to execute (like the fumble) but the ones where they successfully execute (although those don't get nearly as much air play).

But, after a loss, I think we all have a good sense of how close (or how far) the Rams were from winning (converse on wins)

The margin for every loss thus far is razor thin... it's cause for optimism!

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I think 2nd tier is accurate and that's not a bad thing at all. Considering they were a bottom tier team for so long.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I still believe this is a playoff team. Think about it, we had 10 points taken off the board due to mistakes one being a missed field goal and the other the mistake or should i say very fortunate play by Earl Thomas. If we score on both those occasions we win this game 20-16.

Points i took away from this game:

1) defense greatly improved from what we saw over the last couple games.
2) The teams never gives up
3) We have a young but good QB. that TD throw to Kupp was right there tough Grab but Goff lead us right down the field to win.
4) Being so young we have to learn from mistakes. Yes we don't want to lose but this team will learn from that.
5) I still think 10 wins and the division is possible.

All in all tough loss McVay will learn from this and so will the team. We beat the jags this week and the playoff party still resumes hahahhahaha

Flint

Pro Bowler
I wouldn't say these Rams are a threat to get to the SB but I guess my bar is lower. 1. A winning record- hasn't happened for a looong time. 2. Win the division- Rams and Hawks look like class of division and the Rams had a chance to beat em. 3. Make the playoffs- of course if they win the west they make the playoffs, but who really thought that would happen this year?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
It was a game we all knew was going to happen. A bunch of stuff going wrong even though they out played the opposition. Part of the growing pains. An 8-8 team this year and a playoff team next year when they smoth some of the kinks out.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I disagree , this team has a great offensive line and that seems to be the number 1 reason to teams winning this season. If defense continues to improve , looks night and day compared to the first 2 weeks, we will be ok. Seahawks always play us tough but what happened against Dallas was a true statement.