Things I miss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i miss picking wild strawberries as a kid and then my brother and i would make bisquick biscuits and then would splurge on cool whip. now that field is a subdivision. i miss going to the local store to buy baseball cards and trying to beat everyone in the neighborhood to finish the whole set (around 600+ cards) back then. we lost by 1 card (tom griffin of the astros i think.........it was a pitcher) the neighbor who liked the reds beat us (we liked the dodgers and A's.) my friend liked the pirates so lots of playoff / world series action in the early 70's. bob moose is still a dumbass.
playing hockey on an actual frozen pond (10th hole at the golf course a 1/4 mile from our house that we had a family membership at) if you didn't have a hockey stick then you got to use a golf club *(high irons were best for shot lofting) until you could afford a stick or get one from the local hockey club (lions or blades) during a game. i miss the excitement we all had when our dirt road was "improved" to tar and chipped status. bikes sound much cooler on hot tar in the summer vs dirt, and without the mud bath when it rained. and i miss trying to jerryrig our 45 adapters when trying to play 45's on the stereo and not being able to go to the store and buy some.
images

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i miss picking wild strawberries as a kid and then my brother and i would make bisquick biscuits and then would splurge on cool whip. now that field is a subdivision. i miss going to the local store to buy baseball cards and trying to beat everyone in the neighborhood to finish the whole set (around 600+ cards) back then. we lost by 1 card (tom griffin of the astros i think.........it was a pitcher) the neighbor who liked the reds beat us (we liked the dodgers and A's.) my friend liked the pirates so lots of playoff / world series action in the early 70's. bob moose is still a dumbass.
playing hockey on an actual frozen pond (10th hole at the golf course a 1/4 mile from our house that we had a family membership at) if you didn't have a hockey stick then you got to use a golf club *(high irons were best for shot lofting) until you could afford a stick or get one from the local hockey club (lions or blades) during a game. i miss the excitement we all had when our dirt road was "improved" to tar and chipped status. bikes sound much cooler on hot tar in the summer vs dirt, and without the mud bath when it rained. and i miss trying to jerryrig our 45 adapters when trying to play 45's on the stereo and not being able to go to the store and buy some.
images
Did you pop the tar bubbles in the summer time?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I miss the fruit trees in my old neighborhood (‘61 to ‘65). There was an apricot tree right across the street. Down the street was a cherry tree and across the street from it a Honeysuckle plant (Mmmm). Then further down the street and up a court were pomegranates. On the way home from school was a kumquat tree with a branch hanging over the fence and I would have to jump for the fruit. In my back yard we had some version of blackberries.
Of course it was seasonal and you had to find a piece that the birds hadn’t gotten to first. I remember being dive bombed by black birds, but I think that was getting too close to their nest, not over fruit.
In my first house in Whittier (60's), we had an apricot tree, plum tree and an avocado tree. All of them produced fruit, with the apricot tree doing the most. We would gather a whole paper grocery bag full of apricots and there would still be many left on the branches. In fact, there were enough so that I could bean a neighbor over the fence when he practiced that damn trumpet! (I had a good arm. NOTE: Dodgers you missed out!)

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I definitely miss record stores. I could go into one and be there for hours.
Gotcha my Rams bro. Used to hang out a lot at a record store in Anaheim, Cali called ( believe it or not...) Licorice Pizza.
They had a huge inventory of used albums and I'd look through 'em looking for some group I might have heard on the radio or the Wolfman Jack show (if y'all remember him!)
Heh it was also a "head shop" so a lotta folks were there for other things.
Good times....

~ArkyRamsFan~

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotcha my Rams bro. Used to hang out a lot at a record store in Anaheim, Cali called ( believe it or not...) Licorice Pizza.
They had a huge inventory of used albums and I'd look through 'em looking for some group I might have heard on the radio or the Wolfman Jack show (if y'all remember him!)
Heh it was also a "head shop" so a lotta folks were there for other things.
Good times....

~ArkyRamsFan~
Arky, I remember all that stuff. I lived in Whittier but my Grandparents lived in Brea and we visited them, Do remember Love's BBBQ? I guess they plan to open new restaurants, according to their website.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Arky, I remember all that stuff. I lived in Whittier but my Grandparents lived in Brea and we visited them, Do remember Love's BBBQ? I guess they plan to open new restaurants, according to their website.
Yeah, Love's sounds real familiar. Not sure where it was located. Hey, do you recall Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Anaheim? It's gotten pretty famous from what I have heard.
~ArkyRamsFan~

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, Love's sounds real familiar. Not sure where it was located. Hey, do you recall Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Anaheim? It's gotten pretty famous from what I have heard.
~ArkyRamsFan~
I never went there. My parents wouldn't even take us to In-N-Out when I was a child. My Mom said it was too expensive, and I didn't really know they existed until I went to the first In-N-Out in Las Vegas in my 40's. I have been to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Minneapolis, MN and had the best steak in my life. It was a $50 steak in 2006. I have idea what it costs now, but my parent would have lost their shyte they saw even 70's era pricing! lol

Tano

Legend
In my first house in Whittier (60's), we had an apricot tree, plum tree and an avocado tree. All of them produced fruit, with the apricot tree doing the most. We would gather a whole paper grocery bag full of apricots and there would still be many left on the branches. In fact, there were enough so that I could bean a neighbor over the fence when he practiced that damn trumpet! (I had a good arm. NOTE: Dodgers you missed out!)
My house had an apple, apricot and lemon tree

All 3 trees had tons of fruit on them

So many that they mostly rotted - especially the apricots since the birds kept getting to them

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So many that they mostly rotted - especially the apricots since the birds kept getting to them
I miss that. In Kansas where I live now, we grow wheat, corn and soy bean mostly. Fruit trees have a rough time surviving with withering hot winds in summer and freezing north winds in winter. Our apricot tree in Whittier produced a ridiculous amount of fruit and the birds loved them!. I remember it being said that house was built on a former orchard and the fruit trees in our yard were orchard trees. The only thing that goes against that is why would there be apricot and plum trees so close together in an orchard? I would think it would be all one type of fruit tree or the other, but not mixed.

nighttrain

Legend
~ArkyRamsFan~
i remember the first IN-AND-OUT burger store in Santa Ana, any of you?
rain

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
i remember the first IN-AND-OUT burger store in Santa Ana, any of you?
rain
There was an IN-'N-OUT on Brookhurst Ave. in Anaheim that came later.
Heh...I do remember going to McDonald's as a kid and getting plain burgers for 18¢ but not the cheeseburgers because they were around 25¢ and my mom was trying to keep her costs low.

~ArkyRamsFan~

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I miss Newcastle Brown Ale made with the previous recipe by the previous owners.

----------

Record stores? Just a little road trip away . . .

Stacks of wax

The sixth floor is a retail repository of rock ‘n’ roll and its black platter of sound, the vinyl record. I admit more than a little bias – I collect vinyl and have a deep, abiding love for classic rock.

Exiting the escalator, the section to the right is devoted to vinyl. To the left are CDs.

Avid vinyl collectors will be at home flipping through the bins. Up front, headphones at listening stations allow customers to sample music before they make their selections.
060522wkQT-TOWER-RECORDSphoto01.JPG

The inventory covers myriad categories, including classic rock, soundtracks, New Wave, classical and all kinds of music from Japanese artists. Browsers will find new and used records, 7-inch singles and 12-inch LPs.

The used singles bin yielded some gems: Paul McCartney's "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time," John Lennon's "Imagine," and singles by his son Julian Lennon, Huey Lewis and the News, Santana, the Carpenters, Adam Ant and The Doors.

The assortment of 12-inch records is more extensive and includes all music types, from classic rock to J-pop. I found the soundtracks to the movies "Cabaret" and "The Sound of Music." The insert for “Sound of Music” was absorbing. The Japanese version includes the lyrics to all the songs in hiragana as well as English.

e9d4f6e0525966a72a6fc8bba98bb9d7.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I miss civility. You used to be able to have a discussion with somebody and agree or disagree but you'd be ok with not agreeing on everything. Now hateful adjectives are assigned to people who think or speak or act differently than you do.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i lived in PA, so we had a pear, apple, crabapple tree and 2 rows of concord grapes, and several patches of raspberries and blackberries in our yard

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seriously? I loved Loves BBQ Pit growing up. I wonder how it will be compared to how I remember it.

And yeah, @ArkyRamsFan ... I remember Licorice Pizza. Great record stores.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously? I loved Loves BBQ Pit growing up. I wonder how it will be compared to how I remember it.

Here you go. They still sell their BBQ sauce online with the intention to open new locations in the near future....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They are looking for franchisees. Biz opportunity for the Big Cheese from Pig Feathers! @RamFan503

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
I currently have these fruit producing trees: orange, nectarine, lemon, lime, apricot, banana, peach, and figs.