Their fans and the media can sugarcoat all they want…but the 49ers blew it.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The 49ers have one of the strongest rosters in the league. That was true last year as well.

But they should have been better.

If (a) Trey Lance was the player they thought he’d be when they traded up to draft him, or (b) they didn’t make the trade and, instead, used their premium draft picks to further bolster the roster, they might already have a title, and they’d likely be prohibitive favorites entering this season.

But they blew it, and now there are no guarantees that their current squad will ever even make a Super Bowl.

Remember that the next team me a Whiner fan or media dipshit condemns the Rams’ approach.

Our bold moves brought a Lombardi.

Their big move may prevent them from getting another.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What is funny is this time every single season we hear bullshit out of Shitter camp with them trying to convince themselves they're going to be good at QB. And the last two years if they had succeeded they might have a title. So this is just more of the same.

Lance is a stupid fuck. He doesn't have the processor. All athlete no brains. I am sure Ratboy can maximize him in their scheme, that is his greatest talent as a play caller and designer, but they are capped with that QB.

Purdy is going to learn QB is far different when you are shouldering expectations. It's one thing to play with your balls out when you're a roster nobody. But another to do that when the weight of the fanbase is on you to deliver. Further the team is expected to go the heavier that is, and they are rightly favored to go very deep into the playoffs. There's a reasonable chance he's a product of Ratboy and will implode in the playoffs facing the real defenses. I just don't see him winning three or four straight vs that level of competition. Possible of course but unlikely.

And Darnold just isn't the same guy. It's like someone cut his balls off. Dude's a gelding.

I fully expect them to underperform when the chips are down. The choke is strong in SF.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Darnold just isn't the same guy. It's like someone cut his balls off. Dude's a gelding.
theon-greyjoy-game-of-thrones.gif

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I hate the 9ers. May the team, their fans, and their city rot in a fiery hell for all eternity in the afterlife.

But those evil bastards have a good team. They play smash mouth football. They swung and missed on Trey. At least they took a swing.

That said, We're in the reign of McVay. These Rams won't stay down, and our West rivals know it.
And though our enemies (9ers and Seahawks) are looking strong, I'd have it no other way. The best want the best. Iron sharpens iron.

OH. And fuck the 9ers.
Go Rams.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
We beat the Whiners on our way to winning a SB.

Doesn't get any better than that.

The high-school to NFL pick, Tray Lance, is just icing on the cake.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Niners have a talented roster but the bills are starting to come due with the likes of Bosa getting ready for a huge contract this offseason that will make him the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. They wasted three number 1 picks for Trey Lance that could have set them up for years. Aiyuk is due for an extension and CMC’s cap number jumps to 11 million. Those contracts along with Debo’s deal and Trent Willams deal are going to be tough to cover. I believe their window is closing and they won’t have any hardware to show for it. Niners have played 40+ games the last two seasons making it to the NFC championship. That’s a whole lot games to play. Injuries could be a big factor for them in 2023.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Niners have a talented roster but the bills are starting to come due with the likes of Bosa getting ready for a huge contract this offseason that will make him the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. They wasted three number 1 picks for Trey Lance that could have set them up for years. Aiyuk is due for an extension and CMC’s cap number jumps to 11 million. Those contracts along with Debo’s deal and Trent Willams deal are going to be tough to cover. I believe their window is closing and they won’t have any hardware to show for it. Niners have played 40+ games the last two seasons making it to the NFC championship. That’s a whole lot games to play. Injuries could be a big factor for them in 2023.
Trent Williams considers walking away from football each year now. He’s likely going to retire if the Niners start to fade.

Aiyuk will be gone. I doubt they extend him.

Last year at the trade deadline I wanted the Rams to land McCaffrey. I still think he’s very good, but knowing what we know now, the Niners did the Rams a favor by making that trade.

dang

Legend
49ers Checklist:
Step 1. Build a strong roster on both sides of the line. Check
Step 2. Scheme an offense that plays to its strengths and imposes its will on its opponents. Check.
Step 3. Scheme a defense that controls the line of scrimmage and suffocates the QB. Check.
Step 4. Now go out and Execute the game plan but make adjustments to your opponent and get tougher when the going gets tough. “Wait!!! What are adjustments?!! Why isn’t this going according to plan?!! The other team adjusting to us isn’t fair. Where’s my skater boy hat??!!! Sjittt!!! Why does this always happen to me?!!” coach Ratboy.
Step 5. Go back to Step 1.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
IF they win this year, the sins of the Lance trade will be forgotten.

But… it sure looks like they blew it. Good gawd what those picks could have added to that team - instead… they got Lance. Dude’s a clown.

:ROFLMAO:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And, don’t forget, they made that trade because we beat them to the punch by trading for Stafford.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
The 49ers have one of the strongest rosters in the league. That was true last year as well.

If (a) Trey Lance was the player they thought he’d be when they traded up to draft him, or (b) they didn’t make the trade and, instead, used their premium draft picks to further bolster the roster, they might already have a title, and they’d likely be prohibitive favorites entering this season.

But they blew it, and now there are no guarantees that their current squad will ever even make a Super Bowl.

Remember that the next team me a Whiner fan or media dipshit condemns the Rams’ approach.

Agree everyone talk about the rams approach when the whiners have taken a similar approach and failed miserably. Stafford wins them a chip I'd say ....fail all the picks lance fail.... All the pics McCaffrey so far fail .....they lucky they have drafted well but so far nothing to show enjoy whiners!!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

*Places Merlin's Golden Lasso over Shanny's head and he responds, "Yeah we kinda BLOW.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Trent Williams considers walking away from football each year now. He’s likely going to retire if the Niners start to fade.
It pisses me off we don't hear anything about Trent Williams being suspended for X-amount of games for his tantrum picking up and slamming K'von Wallace to the ground after the NFCC. We need to make some noise about that.