LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Disclosure: I work for Bethesda, so I have obvious interest in this even though I am not a gamer (I know, right?). This just looks amazing and even I will be giving it a spin when it releases.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMOPoAq5vIA&ab_channel=BethesdaSoftworks

I will give it a spin, haven't decided if I'll do xbox or pc yet but looks interesting. I'm hoping the promise by Execs that it'll be the least buggiest Bethesda launch ever to be true lol. Elder Scrolls and Fallout are awesome games but the bugs and issues at launch.... But that's kind of an industry issue across the board lately.

Psycho_X

Legend
Disclosure: I work for Bethesda, so I have obvious interest in this even though I am not a gamer (I know, right?). This just looks amazing and even I will be giving it a spin when it releases.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMOPoAq5vIA&ab_channel=BethesdaSoftworks

Anyone playing this with an opinion about it yet? Looks like a real sandbox game from what I've heard that is an actual sandbox. Haven't had time to play it yet but get a week off in October so might pick it up then. Seems to be a critical and financial success at the very least so grats to Faceplant.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
If your at all into retro RPG's I recommend Sea of Stars. Lot's of fun. Very relaxing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a year this has been for an RPG gamer like myself. I mean damn. Had to let my MMO account (Eve) lapse for a few months when both Starfield and BG3 were fresh.

Starfield was outstanding, though the ship building eventually burned me out. Still play it and will off and on but they don't quite have enough skins for the exteriors so all the ships feel like a bunch of blocks stuck together. Incredible game though.

BG3 still playing it like a ten year old, which is to say in big hour chunks at a time haha. What a game.

And this Warhammer game... All I can say is if you love the Warhammer universe this is the game you've been waiting for. It is fantastic.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRHluRhd8pc

Psycho_X

Legend
What a year this has been for an RPG gamer like myself. I mean damn. Had to let my MMO account (Eve) lapse for a few months when both Starfield and BG3 were fresh.

Starfield was outstanding, though the ship building eventually burned me out. Still play it and will off and on but they don't quite have enough skins for the exteriors so all the ships feel like a bunch of blocks stuck together. Incredible game though.

BG3 still playing it like a ten year old, which is to say in big hour chunks at a time haha. What a game.

And this Warhammer game... All I can say is if you love the Warhammer universe this is the game you've been waiting for. It is fantastic.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRHluRhd8pc

Got the week off so planning on catching up on my BG3 playing. I'm planning on getting 40k Roguetrader too but hadn't yet because of how much negativity it was getting due to game breaking bugs. Looks like they've put a lot of patches out for it the last couple weeks so will probably buy it this week too. I enjoy 40k stuff and I loved xcom2 which it looks like it's similar to so I'm guessing i'd enjoy it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just got Hogwarts Legacy! I'm gonna do four female playthroughs (because dresses~): a bitchy evil Ravenclaw who hands out Unforgivable Curses like candy, a slightly-less bitchy jerk Gryffindor who also uses Unforgivables, a Hufflepuff who is opinionated, yet nice and only learns Unforgivable Curses but doesn't use them, and a Slytherin who is a friend to all living things and would never dream of using Unforgivable Curses, no, she would not!

:D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Got the week off so planning on catching up on my BG3 playing. I'm planning on getting 40k Roguetrader too but hadn't yet because of how much negativity it was getting due to game breaking bugs. Looks like they've put a lot of patches out for it the last couple weeks so will probably buy it this week too. I enjoy 40k stuff and I loved xcom2 which it looks like it's similar to so I'm guessing i'd enjoy it.
Yeah I think it is much better than the new xcoms in all their iterations. Winter's going to go really fast this year. :laugh3:

Memento

Name
Jemma
Been playing an old Xbox 360 sandbox game that is severely underrated: The Godfather. Yes, it's based off of the first movie, and it is an excellent game that has you do all of the things in the movies...along with awesome sandbox/RPG stuff, such as bombing the drug rackets, extorting businesses, killing enemy mobsters in all sorts of cool ways, doing hits, favors, and the like, and taking over all of New York.

Thus far, I have bombed the Tattaglias out of existence (all of their fronts and rackets belong to me, and I bombed their compounds, which now also belong to me). and the Straccis and Cuneos are down to one warehouse, their hub, and their compounds. Had a hell of a time with the first Cuneo warehouse; it's a long way away from any save place, and it's hell to not only extort the owner, but escape them long enough to find an FBI agent to bribe, but I managed to do it!

The Barzinis are gonna be the toughest sons of bitches to handle, though; they have upgraded tommy guns and shotguns, and some of their businesses won't let me politely negotiate (I prefer to get my Respect up as high as I can and see which businesses will let me take over peacefully, then pay the racket boss (if there is one) whatever he wants for me to fully take over).

Definitely planning on doing more missions (with Sonny!!!) and hits (from Rocco) to get as far as I can and extort the last few businesses.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Told myself I wouldn't get a PS5 until I complete the games that I already have. Recently finished Red Dead 2 and Cyberpunk 2077. Currently playing Dark Souls. Have about 4-6 other games, at varying levels of progress. I might be done in time for a PS6.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
been playing Halo 3 again on master chief collection and reminiscing :LOL: Halo 2 and 3 were peak gaming for me! If anyone plays let me know!

Tano

Legend
Has anyone played NIOH 2 - tough game

Reminds me a lot of Elden Ring but even harder

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I play CoD MW2. I have suspected for a while that there skill based match making system is not exactly what they like people to think. After a long time of being pressured to discuss it they finally did say what it is without exactly saying what it is. They tailor the game so that it is fun for everyone. Which basically means that at times the game helps you win, and other times it helps you lose. It’s not straight skill based matchmaking. I wish it was. It would be a better system.

So if you are on a roll and killing everything, racking up big scores and then in the next game it seems like you cannot hit anything. That is built into the game, both ways.

Another thing they do is, when a new character and gun pack come out, they are buffed to give them a clear advantage. That way when people play against them, they think they need to spend the money to get that gun. After the initial excitement wears of they take the buffs off.

Memento

Name
Jemma
The Barzinis are down to a single warehouse, their hub, and their compound. Cuneos are down to their hub and compound (that one remaining warehouse was even more of a bitch than the Straccis. Straccis are down to their compound. The Tattaglias? Gone.

Did all of the hits, all of the favors, Sonny's dead, Michael's in charge, and we already killed Tessio. Now I'm just trying to take over that one fucking Barzini warehouse, and it's a bitch and a half; I haven't even gotten close to the owner to extort him.

They all broke the one rule: never fuck with my family. I just wish Frankie had lived, so Monk wouldn't have gone to the FBI and force me to kill him; he was an awesome original character for the game.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'll just re-emphasize that I haven't had as much fun in a game as I am having in Helldivers 2 this past month. Just a chaotic, well made game. I don't generally play "shooters" but something about this one is just fun to me. Plus it's an Indie company so want to support those whenever possible when they do a great job. I'm doing my part spreading managed democracy across the galaxy!

random gameplay from randos. NSFW language

View: https://youtu.be/heyXEOIlIHA?si=gQQ_YkkxI6le_evD