The Tao of Chip Kelly

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with this:
As always that will be measured in wins and losses. Two 10 wins seasons, he's off to a good start...
And this:
Seems like he just wants 100% total buy-in from his players and no questions asked.
Good luck with that at the NFL level.

Put them together and you have Jim Harbaugh....

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Martz takes two Rams teams to the SB, and a Cutler-lead Bears team to the NFCC game, and he gets all kinds of crap, and never ever did anything as dramatic or insance as this. Yet, Kelly gets realitively positive press, even amongst those who may disagree, and yet Martz is treated as an egomaniacal outcast. There is something about the inner workings of the NFL machine that I simply do not understand.

It has only been two years...give it some more time. If his grand plan here fails then he to will be cast out (likely to a huge payday in the college ranks - probably makes it easier for him to go forth with this plan). Actually the comparison to Martz may be dead on, great O mind...early success with a team he inherited -> Martz went of the rails though when he started making the personnel calls....Chip seems to also be doing that....we will see how their history matches up in the next few years....

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Kelly's balls must be hurting for how many times his dick has been sucked this offseason.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
It has only been two years...give it some more time. If his grand plan here fails then he to will be cast out (likely to a huge payday in the college ranks - probably makes it easier for him to go forth with this plan). Actually the comparison to Martz may be dead on, great O mind...early success with a team he inherited -> Martz went of the rails though when he started making the personnel calls....Chip seems to also be doing that....we will see how their history matches up in the next few years....
time will tell, yes. but lets not start 'crowning his a$$" yet, as romeo cromell might say.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
In the build-em-up then tear-them-down mentality of the short attention span/soundbyte world we live in, he is being built up to impossible heights and once he stumbles there will instead be an rush to disrespect from these same people. There are similarities to Martz but I think given the Philly market he was even more readily and widely deemed "genius" than was Martz...and probably when he does falter will fall that much faster.

Note to @Rynie: I saw on some silly segment on ESPN last night where they were predicting playoff teams from last year that wont make it and teams that didnt make it last year that will: Eagles are in...Cowboys are out. I'm just reporting this to you so don't kill the messenger. My intent with this is not to jab you but to illustrate the support among the media and public in Kelly...for now.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

murray - 1,845 yards, 4.7 ypc and 13 tds, 57 rec 416 yards 0 tds

mccoy - 1,319 yards, 4.2 ypc and 5 tds, 28 rec 155 yards 0 yds

what's the problem here?

See links below:
http://www.footballdocs.com/running_back_carries.html

http://www.footballperspective.com/a-closer-look-at-running-back-aging-patterns/

Long one, so click me...

Long story short, dude is like a time bomb after 400 carries....damn shame the way Dallas used him up, then let him ship out...

@Stranger , this quote
time will tell, yes. but lets not start 'crowning his a$$" yet, as romeo cromell might say.
is ex-coach Denny Green.....LOL

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
@CodeMonkey. Yeah, I understand. Good point about the build them up to break, them down business. That's absolutely true. I'm glad they're being built up and not us, even though it's annoying. Dez signed today, and I got my season tickets in the mail. My nipples are so hard right now.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No way we lose to the giants at the Meadowlands. That's Cowboys Stadium North.

Hey, I gave you a split with the Giants and Eagles, plus a sweep of the Skins. That's 4-2 right there. Would love to see the Cowboys beat the Patriots and Seahawks at home but that most likely won't happen. Btw how did Jerruh swing playing the two toughest opponents at home? I see the Packers, Eagles, and Giants on the road as games the Cowboys will probably lose.

The Rams face the Packers, Seahawks, Cardinals, Ravens and Bengals on the road, which I believe will be our toughest games to win.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Hey, I gave you a split with the Giants and Eagles, plus a sweep of the Skins. That's 4-2 right there. Would love to see the Cowboys beat the Patriots and Seahawks at home but that most likely won't happen. Btw how did Jerruh swing playing the two toughest opponents at home? I see the Packers, Eagles, and Giants on the road as games the Cowboys will probably lose.

The Rams face the Packers, Seahawks, Cardinals, Ravens and Bengals on the road, which I believe will be our toughest games to win.

Patriots home game is just simple rotation. We played there the last time we played the AFC East. The Seahawks and Packers games are the result of having a first place schedule.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'm rooting for Kelly to succeed, simply because he's created an air of unknown possibilities. Will he? I don't know, but it's going to be the biggest story line in the NFL for 2015. Now, let's sit back and watch...

I'm really kind of tired of all the stuff about Kelly...He seems like a circus side show...Biggest story line of 2015 ??? I'm tired of it already...A more successful Michael Sam, but a no less irritating story line to me...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree with Mikey. I am already losing interest in Kelly. I think part of it is his personality. He reminds me of a combination of Martz and Belicheck.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Martz takes two Rams teams to the SB, and a Cutler-lead Bears team to the NFCC game, and he gets all kinds of crap, and never ever did anything as dramatic or insance as this. Yet, Kelly gets realitively positive press, even amongst those who may disagree, and yet Martz is treated as an egomaniacal outcast. There is something about the inner workings of the NFL machine that I simply do not understand.
I don't think anyone would argue that Kelly isn't an egomaniac... just like Martz was.

And I'm not sure where you are getting that Martz "gets all kinds of crap". If anything, he seems to be held in very high regard as far as his innovation.

Like Martz... and Leach at Texas Tech... Kelly is going to do iut his way. If it works, he's a genius... if it doesn't, he's a bum. But one thing seems to follow all these power hungry HCs... they usually end up leaving under - shall I say - less than good terms.

If Rams fans take issue with Martz on anything, it's his draft record. I'm afraid I have to agree with those fans... he reached far too many times (maybe that egomaniac thing... I dunno).

Great offensive mind... terrible drafter. Set the franchise back years with those drafts, IMO.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I agree with Mikey. I am already losing interest in Kelly. I think part of it is his personality. He reminds me of a combination of Martz and Belicheck.

That personality would be like a cross between several lines of coke followed immediately by a BIG handful of valium...