SEAHAWKS The Seattle Seahawks Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
There are plenty of teams in need of a QB. Desperation can cause them to do something that they normally wouldn't

Never mind what you normally wouldn’t do. Just throw in your damn buck like everybody else, ya cheap bastard.”

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The NFCW isn't going to be the doormat division that most project. But I think the problem with the Seahawks will be with their defense which in a relatively low scoring game they could be very dangerous. But I'm not sure they are built for a shootout. IMO if Geno continues to build off of last year the Hawks will be the team the Rams are going to have to beat to win the division
Seattle's defense was ranked 25th at 24.6 ppg last season. I agree they might be better this season, but with Geno at QB they are gonna require that defense to get a lot better. Without that they are no match for SF, who does have a top defense.

oldnotdead

Legend
Yeah but until SF shows they have an offense other than running the ball they will have to count on that defense to hold the game close. That is why they are also rans in the playoffs. I agree that the issue with the Hawks lies with their defense. It's why I think the Ram defense will improve as the season goes on and they already have the best offense in the division. As long as the Rams stay relatively healthy they take the division. Once in the playoffs anything is possible as luck of the draw counts as much as anything.

A strong running game is fine when the game is within one score. But if a strong running team gets behind late then it's a real problem. It's exactly what happened when the Rams beat the Niners in the championship game. I expect the Rams to have a fairly balanced offense. With Akers,Williams and Evans they have the RBs as long as the OL holds up. The Rams have the best QB in the division and one of the best in the NFC. They are deep at WR and have a legit QB2 for the first time in years. It's all a matter of how long it will take the defense to gel. This team is built to peak in December and January which is exactly what you want.

Stay healthy and the Rams will make the playoffs. People downgrade the Rams because of their youth on defense. But they have more talent at edge than they have had in a long time. AD will be AD and they will move him around. IMO the only real question is how long they will stay with Bobby Brown as a 2 gap NT. Murchison isn't as good as Gaines but he's not bad either as a 1T NT. I expect 7-9 sacks from Young as a rookie with Hoecht getting 6-7 sacks. AD's production is down because Morris has taken away his best weapon, which is Donalds aggression. He's wanted AD to read/react instead of attack. Morris has to come off his high horse and turn his primary dog loose and we will see another double digit sack season from AD.

Morris' lame read/react style is the biggest impediment to this defense. This unit was a top 10 defense under Phillips and #1 with Staley because they played an attacking style. Morris dropped them to #19 with is uber soft style. Morris plays scared which is exactly the wrong thing for a DC to do. If Morris wants to be a HC he needs to play his roster to it's strengths i.e. turn his dogs loose and attack not sit back farting in the wind.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Seattle's defense was ranked 25th at 24.6 ppg last season. I agree they might be better this season, but with Geno at QB they are gonna require that defense to get a lot better. Without that they are no match for SF, who does have a top defense.

I’m not going to agree..

Pete Carroll is amazing how he is putting this SEAHAG team together.

He found Russell Wilson as well.Belacheat I guess found Tom Brady.

I guess we can compare Brock Purdy to Geno or Tom Brady?

I really like The Hags Draft & FA signings.If you’re going by last season stats your predictions & calculations are going to be way off.

Need to put in the right numbers & then add the improvement of Geno imo needs to be plugged in. IMHO opinion G. Smith really has another solid season.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
My wife's friend's son, Jackson Smith-Njigba just got drafted by the Seahawks. He's from Rockwall, Texas, and is a HUGE Cowboys fan.

Attachments

• IMG_7807.jpg
    IMG_7807.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 37

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
One thing I notice some people get stuck on is the draft class. "They're gonna be good this year. They had a really good draft".

Odds are, those rookies need a year or two to develop. If a team's gonna be good its usually not because of that year's draft class. That class might make them better a year or two later if its that good.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah but until SF shows they have an offense other than running the ball they will have to count on that defense to hold the game close. That is why they are also rans in the playoffs. I agree that the issue with the Hawks lies with their defense. It's why I think the Ram defense will improve as the season goes on and they already have the best offense in the division. As long as the Rams stay relatively healthy they take the division. Once in the playoffs anything is possible as luck of the draw counts as much as anything.

A strong running game is fine when the game is within one score. But if a strong running team gets behind late then it's a real problem. It's exactly what happened when the Rams beat the Niners in the championship game. I expect the Rams to have a fairly balanced offense. With Akers,Williams and Evans they have the RBs as long as the OL holds up. The Rams have the best QB in the division and one of the best in the NFC. They are deep at WR and have a legit QB2 for the first time in years. It's all a matter of how long it will take the defense to gel. This team is built to peak in December and January which is exactly what you want.

Stay healthy and the Rams will make the playoffs. People downgrade the Rams because of their youth on defense. But they have more talent at edge than they have had in a long time. AD will be AD and they will move him around. IMO the only real question is how long they will stay with Bobby Brown as a 2 gap NT. Murchison isn't as good as Gaines but he's not bad either as a 1T NT. I expect 7-9 sacks from Young as a rookie with Hoecht getting 6-7 sacks. AD's production is down because Morris has taken away his best weapon, which is Donalds aggression. He's wanted AD to read/react instead of attack. Morris has to come off his high horse and turn his primary dog loose and we will see another double digit sack season from AD.

Morris' lame read/react style is the biggest impediment to this defense. This unit was a top 10 defense under Phillips and #1 with Staley because they played an attacking style. Morris dropped them to #19 with is uber soft style. Morris plays scared which is exactly the wrong thing for a DC to do. If Morris wants to be a HC he needs to play his roster to it's strengths i.e. turn his dogs loose and attack not sit back farting in the wind.

I get the concern with Hreg Gaines gone.This as a blind test
helps show this.
I’m a KOOL-AIDE drinker so this time of the season I start thinking 17-0 & Super Bowl.
—Trying to seive through it though. I’ll start with this is Mitch’s 1st. Training camp with Eric Henderson.I can see his ebb and flow.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
One thing I notice some people get stuck on is the draft class. "They're gonna be good this year. They had a really good draft".

Odds are, those rookies need a year or two to develop. If a team's gonna be good its usually not because of that year's draft class. That class might make them better a year or two later if its that good.

Here you go then. Bobby & Earnest Brown both young players going into their 3 season. I’d say if Rams History tells Fans anything,wait until at least the season starts to cross them off.

I’m watching these guys in the Bull Ring working on there head being up,staying low,big hands & control.Ride the offensive lineman to the direction they want keeping them away from the LBers.

Whatever- it’s just FREAKING FUNNY how FANS think they know so much,but don’t understand or see the preparation & hard work.

Like OLDBUTNOTDEAD on his take against Raheem Morris.

Lmao

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My condolences :D

Well his brother plays for the Pittsburgh Pirates & this kid is going to freaking be a STUD.

My condolences to The NFL with the SEAHAGs offense towards the end of the season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well his brother plays for the Pittsburgh Pirates & this kid is going to freaking be a STUD.

My condolences to The NFL with the SEAHAGs offense towards the end of the season.
Good lord that was a low flying plane right over your head. How is the new buzz cut?

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I’m not going to agree..

Pete Carroll is amazing how he is putting this SEAHAG team together.

He found Russell Wilson as well.Belacheat I guess found Tom Brady.

I guess we can compare Brock Purdy to Geno or Tom Brady?

I really like The Hags Draft & FA signings.If you’re going by last season stats your predictions & calculations are going to be way off.

Need to put in the right numbers & then add the improvement of Geno imo needs to be plugged in. IMHO opinion G. Smith really has another solid season.
I agree with ya, So..

There is definitely a surge of 'hawk fan energy, around these parts - no denying that. Pete always seems to get his players ready, as well - at least it seems that way to me... and I have no idea where their draft ranks, but it was by most accounts, it was quite respectable.

I would not turn my back on them.

Judge Doom

Margot Robbie's Future Love Slave
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think defensively they will be just fine, only thing is Geno will take a step back, no way he can keep on overperforming the way he did last season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good lord that was a low flying plane right over your head. How is the new buzz cut?
Those SEAHAGs will be flying High come late in the season.Better attack them early.
—Geno vs. Stafford - let’s see what kind of game plan Raheem Morris comes up with.
—??? Still early

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree with ya, So..

There is definitely a surge of 'hawk fan energy, around these parts - no denying that. Pete always seems to get his players ready, as well - at least it seems that way to me... and I have no idea where their draft ranks, but it was by most accounts, it was quite respectable.

I would not turn my back on them.
Zach Charbonnet was probably my favorite RB in the draft value wise.
The Hags draft 2 DB’s last season & Cobie Bryant (Cinncy)was who I wanted The Rams to draft instead of Bruss. The CB they drafted later last season was a Top CB(int’s) in 2022.

This year #6(7) overall they took the CB from Maryland.Oldschool might have a opinion on how good he will be & all those draft hours he sent on it.
2022 those 2 wr’s from Ohio st.
played excellent in The NFL.This kid for the Hags was better than them when all 3 were asked who was the best amongst them.
Bennett (rams qb) beat oSU,but then who is better Stroud ? Time will tell,but I like Stinson even if those who want to hate think he’s not smart after being in college for 6years & no degree.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those SEAHAGs will be flying High come late in the season.Better attack them early.
—Geno vs. Stafford - let’s see what kind of game plan Raheem Morris comes up with.
—??? Still early
You simply do not understand the joke that others do it's ok we know this about you. Carry on.

Best part is you're defending the Seahawks about a joke regarding a player growing up a Cowboys fan.....