The Saturday Night Conversation Thread: Jun-20-2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Conversation Thread

tenor.gif

Continuing the casual offseason vibe... The Conversation Thread.

Think a thread, that goes like a “Chat Room”.

Tell us what you are up to. Anything cool or interesting going on? Cooking anything special? Ask a question. Comment. Chat.

EASY

Randomness encouraged.

Pics. Gifs. Music. Make us laugh. Whatever hits you.

BYOB.

tenor.gif

Tomorrow we’ll move this thread to off topic. But for now... It’s Saturday Night!

tenor.gif

What are you up to?

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Whew how'd you find that picture of me back when I had longer hair and wore my cap backwards? I was undeniably a chick magnet back then!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
tenor.gif

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The beer I’m drinking has an IBU of 85 (International Bittering Units).

That seems high, but I really like it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know me, I got that Bud Light Seltzer going on, reflecting on how family protects one another....
WraxwQv.gif

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Happy Saturday night bitches!
20200619_160242.jpg

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
The beer I’m drinking has an IBU of 85 (International Bittering Units).

That seems high, but I really like it.
That is high. I am generally a < 50 IBU guy..... But my son has turned me on to some higher count citrus hazys that are delish....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Currently writing a short story called "Mountain". It's about a snowboarder who gets trapped in an avalanche and his struggle to remain alive and keep his sanity.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Currently writing a short story called "Mountain". It's about a snowboarder who gets trapped in an avalanche and his struggle to remain alive and keep his sanity.
I'm getting a short story ready to submit to the L.Ron Hubbard Science Fiction Writing contest for the quarter. It's a story about the deaths of a household in different ways between the 1900 and 1910 US census reports, related by a magical mouse named Cicero and the unnamed author.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is that?

And yeah, normally I do not like that high IBU. I knew it was higher but thinking 50.
Basically it's an unfiltered IPA with citrus added to mellow some of the floral taste of the hops that gets old (to me at least).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm getting a short story ready to submit to the L.Ron Hubbard Science Fiction Writing contest for the quarter. It's a story about the deaths of a household in different ways between the 1900 and 1910 US census reports, related by a magical mouse named Cicero and the unnamed author.

Excellent job, Leroy! I'd love to read it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Basically it's an unfiltered IPA with citrus added to mellow some of the floral taste of the hops that gets old (to me at least).

That sounds good. (y)

Here is a review of the beer I am drinking. Seriously. I mean, I like this beer..... but... I don’t know what to say. Its good, but I am not sure this describes it either because it confuses me.... at least try to read some of it.

:LOL:

“This beer pours a hazy, medium copper amber hue, with a teeming tower of puffy, bubbly, and loosely foamy off-white head, which leaves a whole lot of stellar layered, jagged, and just plain thorough webbed lace around the glass as it genially subsides.

It smells of semi-sweet, pastry-like pale and caramel malt, a touch of hard toffee candy, sharp leafy, floral hops, a sort of metallic stoniness, hollow citrus rind, and a further bit of herbal, dank bitterness. The taste is quite consistent - strong caramel/toffee malt, candied fruit (orange, lemon, and grapefruit, all), bitter leafy, herbal, and weedy hops - though more metallic than floral in nature - general dank forest, black tea tannin, and more hard water flinty notes.

The bubbles are fairly understated, just a softly edgy zing, for the most part, the body on the lee side of medium weight, and kind of too tight with the stony/metallic character to be deemed particularly smooth. It finishes off-dry, barely, the leafy, increasingly citrusy, and herbal bitterness taking it to the meekly lingering bready caramel malt.”

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
“This beer pours a hazy, medium copper amber hue, with a teeming tower of puffy, bubbly, and loosely foamy off-white head, which leaves a whole lot of stellar layered, jagged, and just plain thorough webbed lace around the glass as it genially subsides.

It smells of semi-sweet, pastry-like pale and caramel malt, a touch of hard toffee candy, sharp leafy, floral hops, a sort of metallic stoniness, hollow citrus rind, and a further bit of herbal, dank bitterness. The taste is quite consistent - strong caramel/toffee malt, candied fruit (orange, lemon, and grapefruit, all), bitter leafy, herbal, and weedy hops - though more metallic than floral in nature - general dank forest, black tea tannin, and more hard water flinty notes.

The bubbles are fairly understated, just a softly edgy zing, for the most part, the body on the lee side of medium weight, and kind of too tight with the stony/metallic character to be deemed particularly smooth. It finishes off-dry, barely, the leafy, increasingly citrusy, and herbal bitterness taking it to the meekly lingering bready caramel malt.”

tenor.gif