The Rams will Overcome

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
All this week I've been feeling something different. It's hard to explain, but here goes ...

In the past, when injuries struck, the team didn't respond well. Not in 2007 or 2008, but we knew what kind of leadership we had then. Of course, what happened in 2009 had nothing to do with injuries. 2011 was an extreme case, losing double digit CBs to IR, but we also lost Bradford and things never got started.

Last year, we struggled through losing our LT and C, actually getting above 500 at one point. We got some players back and did better as the season went along.

Now we've lost Bradford, and yet the team is much stronger. We have a HC that has dealt with the loss of key players before. We have a running game. The Oline is gelling. The defense is improving. Most important of all, the Rams have a chip on their shoulder after that Carolina game.

Injuries? Who gives a shit. Seattle won't know what hit 'em.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
SOLD!

upload_2013-10-26_0-41-43.jpeg

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I'm telling you this right now... I'm not like most I feel if Clemens puts together a few good games the 'TEAM' will rally around him and play good football. No Vermeil quotes intended. This team is on the fence right now. My thing is I don't know if Clemens has the fortitude to pull this out mentally.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
What I am very interested in seeing is how Clemens is "handled". During training camp when wearing a red jersey Jimi troutboy and Coach both reorted that KC would take off and scramble and break plays himself even though the defense wasn't allowed to hit him.
I have to think that is an indication of a"nature of the beast" a "nature" I think good coaching will understand isn't going to change,IOW I don't think suddenly KC becomes a pocket passer who will stand and deliver in the face of a rush , so if the coaches devise a game plan that fits him ,I think he can keep from losing us the game ,if the rest of the offense isn't ready to help him do what I think he is going to DO hell or high water, we are gonna struggle and so far our defense doesn't look like the smothering force it will take to keep us in games if our offense is dramatically out of sync.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I gone through my stages of grief. Yes, we lost one of key players; but there is a lot of football left to enjoy!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Most important of all, the Rams have a chip on their shoulder after that Carolina game.

This really strikes a nerve with me. I've watched Ram games for over 40 years,,, and during that time I've had to watch some disappointing things happen on the field. My Dad actually had a house built for our family during my HS years that was designed so that my bedroom was on the opposite side of the house from all the others. I always watched the Rams in the privacy of my room (mainly due to the fact that my Dad would insist on it). I yell during our games and I always have. I'm loud too.

Anyway, I get emotionally invested when our team is playing. Some of the shitty things the team has had to endure through the years have really gotten to me. But I can honestly say that what happened in last week's game has me pissed-off in a way that I don't ever remember in the past. I've been disappointed before, but this is actual anger I'm feeling because of this one. Not a normal emotion for my emotional ass to feel.

So Quixote,,, I am looking for this chip on the shoulder too. I'm really hoping to see that kind of "fight" manifest itself for the last 9 games.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sorry I wish I could come aboard this tiny ship, but Kellen Clemens has never proven to be able to win a game and IMO I can't see it happening this year. He's erractic his arm strength is underwhelming and he's prone to make mistakes as well.

My hope was they would bring in someone else who could start down the line and win a few games and they failed to do that. When the dust settles this is the last we'll see of Kellen Clemens & Brain Shottenheimer as well as some other members of the coaching staff.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
But I can honestly say that what happened in last week's game has me pissed-off in a way that I don't ever remember in the past. I've been disappointed before, but this is actual anger I'm feeling because of this one.
Man, I'm right there with ya. When I saw Fig Newton doing that stupid Bunny Hop celebration when Long was ejected, I just wanted to smash someone in the teeth.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I remember before the seasons here was a thread asking who we could least afford to lose and we lost him. IDK... maybe Clemons lets it fly and good things happen. Not holding my breath.,,

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm telling you this right now... I'm not like most I feel if Clemens puts together a few good games the 'TEAM' will rally around him and play good football. No Vermeil quotes intended. This team is on the fence right now. My thing is I don't know if Clemens has the fortitude to pull this out mentally.

I think he can get 4 Ws the rest of the year.

jap

Legend
If Chris "Clark Kent" Long channels his inner Kal-El, and Harvey "The Enforcer" Dahl gets downright mean & nasty even for him, we will be stoked on both sides of the LOS. My biggest concern is KC getting too ambitious with his scrambling ways and allowing Kam Chancellor to rearrange his anatomical structure. However, if Harvey is blasting holes with a vengeance and inspiring his line mates to join his fury fest, Zac the trac(tor trailer) will be ripping a new one in the vaunted Seattle defense. If Tavon consistently puts us in great starting field position and even adds a TD or two, our own Greg the Leg may become a difference maker.

I've seen Chris in his Superman mode a few times where he generates three sacks by himself. If William Hayes is back in the groove, and Jo-lonn is breathing fire & brimstone, we may well have a battle royale on our hands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Weird. I was telling my bro in law this last night after way too many beers. Told him I had a good feeling about this team and how they would respond to this. Never felt that way with teams in the past 8 years. Too many young, hungry players who are not USED to losing for this team to just sulk there way through the rest of the season. I expect them to fight hard and be competitive in every game. Heres hoping they don't prove me wrong.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like people are trying to convince themselves so we can avoid having to accept that without Bradford, our year is likely over and we're one of the worst teams in the NFL. I hate it too. I am sick of losing. I thought this was finally the year we'd get over the hump. I'm tired of waiting until next year. But I don't believe in Kellen Clemens and I don't believe we have the defense to carry this team or the coaching.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My feelings are not about who our QB is. They're about where this team stands; how it truly responds to gut-wrenching adversity. I also don't believe what we've seen from this team (regarding lapses in focus) in 7 games is what we'll see on Monday night.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Man, I'm right there with ya. When I saw Fig Newton doing that stupid Bunny Hop celebration when Long was ejected, I just wanted to smash someone in the teeth.

People can say what they want about Sam, but I'm glad he represents the Rams with class. Cam Newton fell down several rungs in my book with his attention grabbing antics. People can say it's immaturity, but... hogwash. He's just a year younger than Bradford.

Next time he loses a game he'll be his pouting self again.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Sounds like people are trying to convince themselves so we can avoid having to accept that without Bradford, our year is likely over and we're one of the worst teams in the NFL. I hate it too. I am sick of losing. I thought this was finally the year we'd get over the hump. I'm tired of waiting until next year. But I don't believe in Kellen Clemens and I don't believe we have the defense to carry this team or the coaching.

I respectfully disagree with this simply because I no longer think we're one of the worst teams in the NFL with or without Bradford.

His loss will hurt but the D was playing pretty well against Carolina before the shyte hit the fan. Stacy looks like the real deal to me and our receivers ARE progressing despite too many drops.

I believe the team will respond in a positive way to this latest bump in the road and we can win some games if we don't ask too much from Clemens.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I know this much: this defense is heavily invested.

Long, Quinn, JL, Brockers, Jenkins, Finnegan, Ogletree, Langford... It's time for the D to man-up and get it done. You hearing me, Walton?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I respectfully disagree with this simply because I no longer think we're one of the worst teams in the NFL with or without Bradford.

His loss will hurt but the D was playing pretty well against Carolina before the shyte hit the fan. Stacy looks like the real deal to me and our receivers ARE progressing despite too many drops.

I believe the team will respond in a positive way to this latest bump in the road and we can win some games if we don't ask too much from Clemens.

Without Bradford for this entire year, we'd be a 2 or 3 win team. With our brutal schedule down the stretch, I see 1 or 2 wins max. The QB is just too important especially when you don't have a capable backup. If we had a Shaun Hill type backup, I'd feel like we might be able to be competitive. But not with Clemens imo.

In terms of talent, we aren't one of the worst but talent isn't everything. Ask the 2011 Colts.

As far as the defense, I didn't see anything promising in that game against Carolina except for the run defense early on. Quinn is still tearing it up too. The pass defense is as vomit worthy as ever.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think 3 wins is about the top end for the rest of the year. Not bummed about it, it is reality as I see it. If the D was playing like last year they would have a shot at being in most games. Dont see that this year unless the mentality changes.
So, what I am looking for the rest of the way is a backup QB (for next year) to emerge. If that is Clemons cool, nothing against his, if that is Davis great. Looking to see if someone can step up and claim LG as theirs. Will be watching for the development of the young WRs.

And hoping Washington loses.

LLittle12

UDFA
I have seen too many NFL games to assume the worse or the best. If I was sure that the Rams would lose the game on Monday, I wouldn't bother watching. Crazy stuff can happen and make it the best game we have ever seen.

It is not likely that the Rams win on Monday, but until I actually see it happen I am going to hope. As much as I thought they would start the season where they left off, the Rams even with Bradford didn't perform to my expectations. The worse possible injury occurred the week before playing the worst opponent to have for such an injury.

As far as Xs and Os go, the defense will likely put up a good fight early, but the Hags have the kind of defense that makes everyone look bad. If it is going to happen, we need to stay on the field on offense and run the ball. If that means short passes to Stacy, so be it. But keep that clock moving, no running out of bounds, no dropping passes. But the less the Hags score the closer the game will be or even better to hold onto a lead.

One thing for sure, we have the right coach. If the Rams can pull this off against the Hags, they can pull it off against anyone. Winning this game would be a tremendous confidence booster for the rest.