The Ram's War Room?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay also came to a team that had a decent amount of talent, just a bad coach before hand. He added a few pieces but didn't have to rebuild a whole defense or offense from the ground up.

I could be missing someone but I believe Donald, Higbee, Hekker and Havenstein were the only Super Bowl champs that were on the roster prior to McVay.

So to win the Super Bowl, he basically did rebuild both

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I could be missing someone but I believe Donald, Higbee, Hekker and Havenstein were the only Super Bowl champs that were on the roster prior to McVay.

So to win the Super Bowl, he basically did rebuild both
Agree. But I'm talking the initial turnaround.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The War Room...Les preparing for 24'

MV5BOWRjZDI1OGEtMGM1My00OWE1LWExMDQtNjYyNTE4MDc4ODU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDY3OTcyOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Ram65

Legend
I feel slightly different.

Nobody, none of the Rams forums have been on the same wave length as the Rams war room. And despite that, they've had 5 winning seasons and.....well we all know what they've done. So why change?

Everybody likes to try and figure out the way they will or should go. Yet they keep going another way and winning (except last year and we all know that was a plethora of injuries). They don't invest enough in OL?

They signed Whit and Sullivan back in 2017. Their first two draft picks in 2018 were OL (3rd & 4th round). They drafted two more OL in 2019 (3rd and 5th). Traded for another in season (former 2nd rd). Drafted another in 2020 (7th). Then last year their first and last picks were OL (3rd & 7th rd). In 6 years, the've acquired 11 OL. I expect they're going to grab another, possibly 2 more this year.

They haven't had first round picks to draft OL with and the fact is in the two years they had no 2nd round picks, their first selection was OL. Sure some didn't work out but not for lack of trying. And remember, despite some failures, they've been extremely successful.

Some might say, "sure because of guys like Gurley, Goff, Kupp, Woods, Akers, Donald, Fowler, Floyd, Ramsey, Stafford, OBJ and Von Miller!" I agree! And I also would note, none of them play OL. So they need to find more of those types.

They've tried and the whole time they've managed to invest in the OL too. Maybe Rams sites aren't on the same wave length as the Rams war room because the Rams war room has a good idea what they're doing!

As of now, I don't see any anchors on the offensive line. Whitworth and Sullivan are distant memories. The only player close to an anchor is Rob Havenstein who I like but, does have some problems against good pass rushers. The others are just JAGS at this point. As a Rams historian you know the many pro bowl type offensive lineman they have had going back to the 60's. The turnaround of the Rams setting up TGST was drafting Orlando Pace in 1997 and signing Adam Timmerman in 1999.

My point at this time is that they need to work on the offensive line. My post was a nod to the many ROD posters that had for lack of another word complained about some picks over picking the offensive line. I'm not going to go into details as we all know what they were.

The Rams need to address the offensive line to protect Stafford and open holes for the running game. Protecting Stafford should be the #1 goal of McVay and Snead. We all know how much McVay likes to go 4 WR sets and send out the RB leaving the offensive line to block without help. I'm hoping for a couple of new better offensive linemen to be signed or drafted to help set up the play-action pass and protect Stafford. As well all know Stafford is coming back from a serious injury and has a limited shelf life.

Well, the Rams have had success but, could they have had more?

Sure and they could have had less. Right now I see a great need for much improved offensive line being the key to future Rams success. I will be keeping a more open mind on what offensive lineman ROD posters suggest.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Snead's track record with drafting DB's has been outstanding. Now if we could draft better OL most of us would be thrilled

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Unless they upgrade the OL at C and LT from what they have its going to be a losing season. Its early still and I have hope McSnead agree and do something.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Unless they upgrade the OL at C and LT from what they have its going to be a losing season. Its early still and I have hope McSnead agree and do something.
Something similar was said in 2021.

"If they don't draft a C, they're not gonna have a shot". After the draft when asked about that, they said "we believe we have our center in house". Damn if they weren't right!!! FWIW, I expected them to draft a center in 2021 and I expect them to draft a center this year. Hopefully, I'll be right once.