The Rams have the best OL in the NFC West (and it's not close)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
First off, we need Jonah to stay healthy. The dude can be a great run blocker but has a history of getting banged up. The run game should be top notch if the big 5 can avoid the injury bug. All 5 are road graders.

The big 5 are probably going to be average in pass pro, but hopefully the run game can set that pass game up. Hopefully Mcvay has the discipline to trust his guys and be patient.
This is why drafting Limmer was such a great pick. Once he’s up to speed it allows the Rams to move Avila back to LG should Jackson go down. Noteboom would be the guy to fill in at either of the Tackle or RG spots.

fearsomefour

Legend
Love the Jackson signing and Limmer pick.
Jackson/Avila/Dotson give the Rams 2 big, physical maulers and 3 guys who can get to the second level and be effective in the interior line.
Adding Limmer to the C depth is huge to me, assuming he picks up enough to be on the 53. I think he will.
The T depth is solid with Noteboom and McClendon.
The interior depth at G is interesting.
The flexibility Noteboom offers is of such great value.
Really allows to dress one less spot on game day and free that spot up for other spots.

fearsomefour

Legend
This is why drafting Limmer was such a great pick. Once he’s up to speed it allows the Rams to move Avila back to LG should Jackson go down. Noteboom would be the guy to fill in at either of the Tackle or RG spots.
Would be interesting to see if McClendon has earned a shot at the primary backup RT.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
This team is a stud LT and a younger high level RT away from being a top 3 team.

The 2 OT spots are concerning when playing against a high caliber defensive front.

In a perfect world, maybe in 25' AJ moves the RT, and they get a top LT in the draft who is plug & play.... Assuming Havenstein is ready to hang them up.
We already have a high level RT in Hav, but he's older of course haha

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fun fact about Limmer… his 39 bench press reps at the Combine was the highest total among all participants - 5 more than the next highest total!

(We also had the top EDGE - Verse, 31 reps, RB - Corum, 27 reps, and second (tied) DT - Davis, 29 reps. Guess our draft class is ready for some heavy lifting!)

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I still can't believe that Limmer was available in the sixth round.
I don't get why other teams were passing on him....
Especially considering how important the Center position is in today's NFL.
Oh well this kind of thing seems to happen every draft cycle...

~ArkyRamsFan~

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Y'all know I loved the McClendon pick because he honestly reminds me of a mini-Havenstein. Very technical, understands leverage, surprisingly powerful for his weight. He's probably made huge gains.

Leveston may have to wait a bit...but I think he could be really good as well. Played left tackle at K-State next to Beebe at left guard. Obviously, he's not going to be a left tackle in the pros, and Beebe obviously helped a lot, but he's a big guy who has solid feet and powerful hands.

I'm stunned Limmer fell to us. I was glad they picked Davis, happy that we drafted Karty, ecstatic that we drafted Whittington (you should've heard me in my room; I was screaming like a Justin Bieber fangirl when we picked Whittington), but Limmer should've never been there; they could've picked him at Brennan Jackson's spot, and I'd have been happy with it. This sixth round could be our version of the 2023 fifth round.

Then you have the bubble players: Zach Thomas, Logan Bruss, A.J. Arcuri, and Mike McAllister, along with the UDFAS (Justin Dedich and Blake Larson), and Grant Miller (who I...just don't see it with him). I figure one of them is going to make this roster and maybe one or two will make the practice squad. McAllister, I don't think has a shot with us...but if he impresses, I'd definitely trade him for a conditional pick or another potential bubble player at a position of need (cornerback or inside linebacker).